Old September 5, 2002, 22:31   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Withdrawing from the CDC
I've been considering this for a while, and I think it's time to act.

I've been opposed to the party system, to some degree, all along, but decided to go along with it as it was the way the game was evolving.

However, I've reached the point where I can no longer be in a party or a coalition without feeling like a hypocrite.

As of today, I withdraw from the CDC, disband my party, and stand as an independent.
Old September 6, 2002, 02:54   #2
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:33
I'm sorry that you feel the need to do this, but as you've made your decision, you have my support. Hopefully this will shift the focus away from inter-party fighting and factionalism and more toward respectful dialogue.

Despite my criticism of your going ahead with the recent turns, you have my support as Commissioner. We're just getting started, and it's to be expected that each of us will bring different expectations to the table. But one of the functions of an opposition is to criticize those in power, and I think the P4 has done that job well, if perhaps not quite as respectfully as one might hope.

In any case, I wish you a successful term as Commissioner, whether we are coalition partners or not.

[Edited for spelling]

Last edited by AdamTG02; September 6, 2002 at 08:13.
Old September 6, 2002, 06:21   #3
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 08:33
DE, welcome to the Unaligned Individal Party! We don't have policy meetings and we don't exercise the party whip comes an election. You'll like it!
Old September 6, 2002, 07:12   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:33
i really and full hartely agree with ADAMTG02
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 6, 2002, 09:44   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 00:33
Sorry to see you go but I understand your reasons for withdrawing and standing as an independent. And let me express my support for you as Commissioner, keep on doing a good job.
Old September 6, 2002, 10:15   #6
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 02:33
Welcome to the non-aligned world, Citizen 1.
Old September 6, 2002, 10:17   #7
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:33
Sooner or later, party politics dies (not necessarily parties, though). Whether it is peacefully now, or violently after some tedious and wholly unnecesasary conflicts, is up to everyone here.

Either way I look forward to that day. There's no way I am joining any such party again after what I have seen happen in them before.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 6, 2002, 15:36   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:33
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamTG02
But one of the functions of an opposition is to criticize those in power, and I think the P4 has done that job well, if perhaps not quite as respectfully as one might hope.
I respectfully decline. If you reread the posts I've made recently, you'll see my most "aggressive" statements have been:
Quote:
MrWhereItsAt and Pandemoniak have done a lousy job up until now.
and
Quote:
Our Commissioner himself Darkness' Edge is just as bad.
I never attacked any of them 'ad hominem', never called any of them a moron like Archaic did. I just told people they weren't performing their in-game job well. I did call them 'totalitarian', but I think it is clear this is an in-game 'insult'. Surely they don't have that characteristic in real life. So really, if any of you can't take some serious opposition in this game, I suggest you resign your job.

How else do you expect one to oppose those in power? By making friendly requests to change their ways and organize more polls like DBTS did. I doubt that would have changed much.
Old September 6, 2002, 16:18   #9
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:33
HEY ARE YOU SAYING I AM NICE? well this has some room for ideas. if they think i am nice i can jump up and backst..........sorry evil twin again
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us