Old September 5, 2002, 22:42   #1
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The next set of turns
Directors, please get polling, and make your set of orders.

It's too late for a turnchat tommorrow, so I guess it'll have to be a turnthread next time next week.
Old September 6, 2002, 06:12   #2
Pandemoniak
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 07:33
Location: of Xanadu, Scottish Section of the Apolyton Must Crush Capitalism Party
When is the deadline ?
Old September 6, 2002, 11:58   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

HI maybe (if I said this again sorry) you? or me if i become AT can start an topped thread with info about when turns are going to be played. and before when desicions have to be made just an idea from the ravaged mind that is me
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 6, 2002, 12:10   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:33
Don't worry, noble looker-out for the people of our game DBTS. It has been proposed, is under control.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 6, 2002, 12:12   #5
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i like that name just liking this stuff big time that all
Old September 6, 2002, 15:25   #6
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:33
well, my polls still stand. continue ecology, and then information networks. i approve all tech trading if possible.
Old September 7, 2002, 05:51   #7
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Um, I haven't seen many polls going on.

I need all of you to do your jobs, so I can do mine.

And I can't really set a date for a turnchat, until all of the necessary polls have been done (or at least posted). As it's looking now, you'll probably have to ask DBTS, as a turnchat before my play performances start is looking unlikely.
Old September 7, 2002, 21:53   #8
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Alright, I've made up my mind. I'm going to hold a turnCHAT, any time between 10PM GMT Wednesday and 6AM GMT Thursday.

Before I make it official, what time would suit people?

Directors, make sure you've got all your orders in by Wednesday at the latest. I don't want a repeat of last time.
Old September 7, 2002, 22:01   #9
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

it is probable that i will be able to attend.
Old September 8, 2002, 00:23   #10
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

As far as I can see, there is nothing that would concern my Directorate.
Old September 8, 2002, 01:56   #11
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Darkness' Edge
Alright, I've made up my mind. I'm going to hold a turnCHAT, any time between 10PM GMT Wednesday and 6AM GMT Thursday.

Before I make it official, what time would suit people?

Directors, make sure you've got all your orders in by Wednesday at the latest. I don't want a repeat of last time.
Wow. During the day - I'm not used to that. I may not be able to make those times - I have been working 10 hour days in RL and those times cover Thursday completely for me.

Old September 8, 2002, 05:12   #12
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

Wow. During the day - I'm not used to that. I may not be able to make those times - I have been working 10 hour days in RL and those times cover Thursday completely for me.
ahh, that's a shame
still, if you make a detailed set of orders, we should be able to proceed okay

normally i'd have to run a chat at night or on weekends, but it just so happens i'm getting thursday off
Old September 8, 2002, 05:34   #13
Anodyne
Prince

Local Time: 09:33
Between 10PM and 6AM GMT it's 0:00-8:00 here, so I'm most probably sleeping. But I might still be able to attend (my natural sleep/awake cycles aren't always that natural...)

Oh, and Thursday-Friday-Saturday next week I'm probably not able to attend... IRL-thingies
Old September 8, 2002, 05:51   #14
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:33
Quote:
As far as I can see, there is nothing that would concern my Directorate.
Likewise... heh, the budget has only allowed me one assistant, no wonder though... We've been playing lots of chess and checkers the past week. His game is improving nicely.
Old September 8, 2002, 06:07   #15
Anodyne
Prince

...I've been having lots of time to improve my skills with... um... I've had lots of time to... improve... umm... to have some... I mean... I've done a lot of studying and... I've... I've... I'm progressing in... umm...

Well okay, then! God dammit, I've been partying and drinking by the truck loads at Rec Commons! There! That's right! You happy now?

...yes, I guess I might need something in my hands
Old September 8, 2002, 07:56   #16
DeathByTheSword
King

SAVS, REPORT thread updated! anyone idea how to change it?
Old September 9, 2002, 14:52   #17
DeathByTheSword
King

I might be able to attend from 22.00 GMT until 23.00 GMT. and where are we holding the turnchat? not in apolyton i hope!
Old September 9, 2002, 15:26   #18
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

i can make it between 10pm and 11pm GMT, same time as DBTS.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 9, 2002, 17:24   #19
Method
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
I might be able to attend from 22.00 GMT until 23.00 GMT. and where are we holding the turnchat? not in apolyton i hope!
IRC? just as long as its anywhere but DALnet
Old September 10, 2002, 03:01   #20
Darkness' Edge
Prince

Alright...

10-11PM GMT, Wednesday, #smacdg on EFnet

this okay?
Old September 10, 2002, 04:41   #21
Lemmy
King

yep, that okay.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old September 10, 2002, 07:22   #22
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:33
Lessee, 2200 GMT is 1700 ET, or 5:00 PM.

Here are my orders, if I can't make it:

Crawlers: N/A
Rushing: We don't have enough energy to rush right now, IMHO.
Worker Placings:

New Apolytonia-- (1) Nutrient tile; (2) any rolling/moist tile; (3) the mineral tile.
Base 2-- (1) The rolling/moist tile on the river; (2) the nutrient tile.
Old September 10, 2002, 09:37   #23
DeathByTheSword
King

how do i get to EFnet with using IRC i always get on dalnet (i think) ?
Old September 10, 2002, 10:53   #24
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
Lessee, 2200 GMT is 1700 ET, or 5:00 PM.

AGH! Warning! I scheduled a turnchat for the Civ3 game last weekend at 0900GMT/0400 EST. I was dead on time GMT, but somewhen the time in the East of the USA became EST+1 (EDT). This meant that the East USAers thought I was one hour late, and started at 0500 their time. So, although EST and GMT never change, IIRC neither of these times is the current time for that zone. In other words Lomdon time at the moment is GMT+1 and East USA time is EST+1.

Be warned - this means the chat will be at 1000 Thursday for New Zealand, 0800 Thursday for DE in Vic, 2300 Wednesday in London (GMT 2200) and 1800 Wednesday on the East of the USA (EST 1700).

If I have made another time mistake, let me know - check yourselves, but I was caught out with this recently, so I should know.

And I will try to be there for the end - the first half hour I will be getting back from Uni, but I can make it for the last 30-35 minutes of that.

Old September 10, 2002, 11:01   #25
DeathByTheSword
King

london is GMT-0 and the time you see on this forum are specific for you so it may be different. so i live in GMT +1 so i will be there 23.00 my time but i have this forum put down everthing from me as GMT so make counting for myself easier! but i will be there 22.00 GMT!

btw how do i get own EFnet?

Last edited by DeathByTheSword; September 10, 2002 at 11:10.
Old September 10, 2002, 11:07   #26
Lemmy
King

DBTS: 2200 GMT = 2300 Dutch time, not 2100
Old September 10, 2002, 11:09   #27
DeathByTheSword
King

oh CRAP that is what i ment sorry changing now
Old September 10, 2002, 11:11   #28
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I am on EFnet right now. I just connected using mIRC as usual, except in the options I chose an EFnet server (right word for it?). I am in #smacdg right now.

It's very boring. Come and say hi before I crash.

Old September 10, 2002, 11:23   #29
DeathByTheSword
King

trying to connect but failing evertime (timedout! anyone an idea?)
Old September 10, 2002, 11:28   #30
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

It did that frequently to me too, until I hit it lucky with the CA, AB, Edmonton server (the first in my EF list) - try it.