Old September 6, 2002, 03:04   #1
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
ATTENTION: Healing Units
The following units are wounded and fortified. They should be woken (unfortified) and allowed to skip a turn so that they could heal.

* Here It Is
- 3/4 Archer.
* Rouen
- 3/4 Swordsman.
- 2/4 Archer.
* Port Rouge
- 3/4 Archer.
* Napoleton
- 2/4 Spearman.
* Chiquita
- 3/4 Spearman (possibly threatened by a Greek horseman one turn away but healing will give it a better chance of winning than fortifying).

That's all folks.

EDIT: I'm sorry if this topic was already discussed and it was decided to let all the abovementioned units to skip a turn. I couldn't find anything about it in the latest 20 topics so I assumed it wasn't.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 6, 2002, 05:11   #2
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 08:34
Don't fortified units heal, then ??
Old September 6, 2002, 05:14   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

No. A unit must skip a turn to heal. Otherwise the units in Here It Is, Port Rouge and Rouen would have already been at full health by now.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 6, 2002, 06:34   #4
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:34
I thought the reason that those units hadn't healed yet was that Aggie had been shuffling them around through last turn... At least, that's what I thought I remember him saying.

Might be wrong, though...

-- adaMada
Old September 6, 2002, 06:51   #5
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 08:34
Fortified units do heal (unless in enemy territory of course) at the usual rate: 1 hp per turn in open country, 2 in a town (IIRC) and full health in a town with barracks. If not in a town, an injured unit can be fortified, and it will automatically activate itself again when it reaches full health. I'm not sure if they regain health on the turn that they are fortified - I believe they do (unless having moved first obviously) but I wouldn't swear on it.
Old September 6, 2002, 09:42   #6
Shiber
Emperor

Vulture: I checked and you're right. Funny, the manual states that units heal when they skip a turn but doesn't mention fortified units. I guess it meant that military units heal when they don't move, attack or pillage but they may fortify and still regain health in the appropriate environments.
adaMada: I guess he did. That's the only reasonable explanation I see for the fact that the troops didn't heal.
- Phantom of the Opera

Last edited by Shiber; September 6, 2002 at 09:58.
Old September 6, 2002, 10:04   #7
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:34
Yah Shiber, I rushed the troops to cities so the garriosons would be in place, it just took several turns to get into position. I'll be glad when we get engineering and can cross rivers w/o penalty
Aggie
Old September 6, 2002, 10:15   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Vulture: I checked and you're right. Funny, the manual states that units heal when they skip a turn but doesn't mention fortified units. I guess it meant that military units heal when they don't move, attack or pillage but they may fortify and still regain health in the appropriate environments.
adaMada: I guess he did. That's the only reasonable explanation I see for the fact that the troops didn't heal.
I was hoping that fortifying units helped them heal as normal. I was pretty sure it worked, but when I saw your post I though I had made a mistake. Thank the gOdZ my facts were right!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 6, 2002, 10:16   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
I was thinkink the same thing, Shiber. And I gave an incorrect information about this in some thread... I never will find that thread again, I'm afraid, so my mistake will last forever...
Thanks, vulture, for the precise info.