View Poll Results: Select one from each group.
New Apolyton: mineral square 8 24.24%
New Apolyton: rolling/moist square 9 27.27%
Base 2: rolling/most river square 10 30.30%
Base 2: nutrient square 6 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 6, 2002, 07:40   #1
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Industry and Energy Directorate: Worker Placings, Mission Year 2106
(Apologies if this post seems incoherent to you. I'm not quite awake yet.)

Alright. We've discovered a nutrient resource near New Apolyton, and another well out of its production radius. However, we have a CP approaching it.

Currently, I'm suggesting that New Apolyton work the nutrient square (allowing it to grow before the CP is built). I can't really see any reasonable objection to that, so it'll stand unless I see that people are vehemently opposed to it (with big, red lettering ).

At present, NA has surpluses of +1/+2/+2. The nutrient square changes that to +3/+2/+2.

As for when it grows (in 7 turns, under this plan), we need to decide where the second worker works. There are two options: one of the rolling/moist squares around New Apolyton (got lots of 'em, which one is worked doesn't matter until we get terraforming), or that mineral square (rocky/moist).

If the rolling/moist square, the total production would be 6/3/2, or +2/+3/+2. If the minerals, total production would be 5/5/2, or +1/+5/+2.

The other order of business is worker placings for our second base. We have two sites that, IMHO, are worth considering that are close to our CP: a rolling/moist river square (1/1/1), and the other nutrient square we've encountered, on a flat/moist (3/0/0).

There are three viable settlement locations that I can think of: the flat/moist tile NE of our CP's current location; the rolling/moist tile N of our CP; and the nutrient square N-NE of the CP.

Production scenarii for each:

Flat/moist or rolling/moist working nutrient: +3/+1/+1, growth in (2+8)=10 turns.
Flat/moist or rolling/moist working river: +1/+2/+2, growth in (2+21)=23 turns.
Nutrient working river: +3/+2/+2, growth in (3+8)=11 turns.

And here's the map:

(edit: #&@% typos. Poll expires in 4 days.)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map2106.gif
Views:	45
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	23709  

Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; September 6, 2002 at 07:46.
Old September 6, 2002, 08:06   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:34
maybe you should change the options (or let it be changed) if possible so that you can choose where the second worker come in New Apolyton. for me the first on the nutrients and the second on the minerals
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 6, 2002, 08:22   #3
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:34
The first is already going to be on the nutrients unless someone objects. This poll is for the second worker.
Old September 6, 2002, 08:25   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:34
DAMN STUPID STUPID STUPID ME wel now i voted for the wrong one tanx for the heads up
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 6, 2002, 11:40   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:34
New 'Poly - the mineral square so we can get that former out ASAP. That way we expand the mostly quickly we can, and the extra time spent on building the CP if we go for the other square will will be wasted for little gain.

Base 2, I like the square N of the CP, and would like the Nutrients square worked. We will get to pop 2 the soonest, which means a CP or at the very least faster production.

EDIT: OOPS!!! Made the wrong choice in the poll - Thought the poll part 2 was asking for worker allocations for base 2, not for the settlement site! Consequently I voted for the Nutrient square, which is NOT my choice of city site.

EDITx2: Turns out I didn't make the wrong choice after all. I am now confused.

We need the quickest start we can get, and such things as one or two extra turns of extra production are vital at this point.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; September 6, 2002 at 12:33.
Old September 6, 2002, 12:29   #6
Vlad Antlerkov
King

MWIA-- sorry, it's asking where the workers are going to work, after all. Colonization is Pandemoniak's job, not mine.
Old September 7, 2002, 11:49   #7
Vlad Antlerkov
King

*bump*

(it was about to fall off page 1, anyway...)
Old September 7, 2002, 12:31   #8
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:34
that nutrient tile is flat? oh well. work the nutrient tile, then when it grows, work the river/rolling so we can actually get some mineral production (or better yet, forest the nutrient tile)