Old September 6, 2002, 15:24   #1
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 07:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Graphics and Animation Gurus....
The Candle'Bre project needs you!! We've done a ton of game mechanics testing so far, tweaking and preparing everything to make sure it plays well when we release the first beta version to the public....what we're lacking at present is the eye candy.

So...I'm putting this note here as a general S.O.S. to any artistic-minded folk who might want to lend our little project a hand. If you're an artist looking for a place to showcase your work, and enjoy a team environment that's *swimming* in creativity, drop me a note at Velocigames2002@aol.com and let me know who you are and what you can do (send samples if you've got them! GREATLY appreciated!).

What we need:

* Buildings....with a "medievalish" look and feel to them

* Terrain

* Animations and their associated sound-effects (just one for starters....your basic (medieval) soldier-guy walking around, at attention, at rest, and fighting).

If you need more software than you have, in order to get something done, just add to your e-mail to me any software needs you might have, and I can hook you up! (I've got an ever-growing array of graphics products, thanks to the better part of a year at leading the CB charge).

I came here cos I've *seen* some of the outstanding work done by folks who post here, and would love the chance to work together to help make Candle'Bre even more special!

Thanks in advance everyone!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Velociryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2002, 07:05   #2
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 18:35
Seems like a worthy cause.
Old September 8, 2002, 12:01   #3
Willem
Emperor

Local Time: 00:35
I'm presuming you've already sent a message to Sn00py, requesting his assistance? I get the impression he'd be happy to help.
Willem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2002, 07:45   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:35
What is Candle'Bre?
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2002, 09:54   #5
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

One of our regulars over at the 'poly CB forum wrote this as a description of the game. I couldn't have said it better myself:

Candle'Bre is a turn based strategy game based in a fantasy world, with its own history, geography, politics and religion(s). In a nutshell we are talking about a mediaevel level of technology, mixed in with a little magic, sorcery - call it what you will, and a feudalistic kind of society. What we are not looking at is the more traditional (cliched?), Elves, Dwarves and Orcs style of fantasy world.

Gameplay features include:

- Provincial based management system (rather than the city based system of Civs I, II and III)

- Detailed strategic combat. Turn based at the moment but a possibility of RTS combat at a later date. Combat is resolved between armies, with a mix of units available to place in the armies. Do you want a light skirmishing force of archers? Or a siege force, complete with siege weapons and heavy cavalry? You decide - different jobs require different forces.

- Intricate social/economic model. In the planning stages at the moment, but each province will eventually contain a mixture of citizen types, each with their own likes, dislikes and behavior patterns. Citizen happiness (and therefore productivity) will depend on a number of factors - buildings in the province, tax rates to different areas of society, governmental settings etc. Build too many libraries or magic research buildings in a province and your clergy will start to get unhappy. Too many markets and banks and your nobles will become wary of your uppity middle classes.

- Magic system, based on four Elemental schools of magic, as well as Divine magic (use miracles to help you) or Artificers (cunning contrivances for the discerning leader). Ties in with religion, in that the Church is naturally distrustful of Elemental power, but does have its own brand of 'Magic' granted by various Deities.

- Honor and Infamy. Doing noble deeds, keeping the peace and generally dealing scrupulously with your neighbours will net you Honor points. The converse will gain you a level of notiority or Infamy. Whichever side you end up on will give you different options on the battlefield or around the conference table.

- The deck of the Fates. Small random events that spice up the game. They will not make or break the game but they could force a radical change in strategy midgame, or make the life of a late game superpower less comfortable than it might be.

- And not forgetting the Nilrogg ......

-=Vel=-
PS: No...I had not contacted Sn00py, but will do so!
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old September 9, 2002, 10:21   #6
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 02:35
I might be interested in doing some terrain work. I'll warn you now that SnOOpy's and my styles are different. Snoopy is probably better than me though, especially at original work. I do decent touch up and finishing IMHO.
Old September 9, 2002, 11:23   #7
Velociryx
staff

Where could I find some examples of your work!

-=Vel=-
Old September 9, 2002, 12:07   #8
WarpStorm
King

Local Time: 02:35
My new sig
Old September 9, 2002, 13:31   #9
Level
Warlord

Local Time: 00:35
What kind of format do you use for your units?
So far I have done future units but I may eventaly get to fantasy.
My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter
Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2002, 15:37   #10
Velociryx
staff

Thanks guys! PM's en route to both of you!

-=Vel=-
Old September 9, 2002, 21:47   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:35
I don't know what grapic format you use, but I've got around 20 animation files for medieval combat that I can apply to ANY 3d humanoid figure. I just can't get the palette to transfer to Civ3, looks fine in flicster but cruddy in Civ3.

Anyway, got several dragon attacks and stuff, but you don't want that. Got greatswords, swords and archer attacks and runs.

Can do pretty much any still image graphic, but not sure what style you want.
GhengisFarb™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2002, 07:15   #12
FrostyBoy
Emperor

Local Time: 15:35
So sorry, I really can't help, I am way too busy. I would've liked to though.