Old September 7, 2002, 13:44   #1
Internationalist
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help on sound
Hi, guys, it's been a while since I last visited.

I was wondering: I really like some of the Civ2 sounds and would like to import them to civ3. Problem is as you know they're on a compressed file and I can't extract them(assuming I'm correct and they are in the data.z file in fw cd-rom).

I'm talking about Funeral March, Alien Invasion, Apocolypse, Fantasy, Mars, World of Jules Verne, Xcom. Can I extract them some way or find them available for dload?

Also, do you know where could I find good Xcom-like songs? Like the one from the Xcom scenario?

Thanks for your time.
Old September 7, 2002, 16:03   #2
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 08:37
Well, I don't own a FW CD-ROM, so I don't know how FW CD-ROM compress the file. But you can install Civ2-FW and the take the sounds uncompresed.

You can not download it, because those scen are copyrigthed and can not be download (as far as I know).
Old September 9, 2002, 13:05   #3
Internationalist
Chieftain

Local Time: 07:37
I can't do that. The goal is to include them in a scenario I want to make. Simply installing will not install the files(the reason they require the CD-rom) and transfering it to my HD won't do any good, since I can't extract.

I've noticed that the same sounds are on the ToT cd, so if you have that you can check. I think they retained the compression method. Copyrighting is not a real problem.

I can keep it for myself or ask the dloaders to have a copy of the said games.

Anyone knowing any place I can find freeware xcom-like songs? No matter the form. I can always convert.
Old September 9, 2002, 14:34   #4
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
These "sounds" you're mentioning are simply music tracks on the CD. You can transform them into wave files using your favourite CD-ripper/MP3 player/Sound editor.