Old September 8, 2002, 18:04   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Gazette Announcement
I am very sorry.

My plane is leaving in a few hours, and I have been unable to come up with the time to write up a Gazette for today. If anyone wishes to write one, feel free to look over the report and write whatever you feel. Hope to see you all next weekend.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 8, 2002, 18:23   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:41
It's kay.

Don't have time to do one personally, but we can go without for a week. 'Later UnOrthO, and have fun on your trip (if you can ).

-- adaMada
Old September 8, 2002, 18:40   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Here, I'll give it a try:

The Jungle Gazette

Your light in the Jungle- September 8th, 130 B.C.

Jungle Gazette Sabotaged!

In an atrocious display of barbarism the newly aquired vassals of Gazzette owner UnOrthOdOx, being Persian, sabotaged the Sept 8th edition of the Jungle Gazette.

Grabbing all the issues before distribution, they piled them outside Termina in the jungle and started a huge bonfire intent on it spreading throughout the entire Four Core Cities area.

Fortunately, Persians seem to be as intelligent as the jungleworms we use to fish Bananiranas from the great river. The pouring of water does NOT start a fire and they simply created a soggy mound of the former gazette issue.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 8, 2002 at 23:18.
Old September 8, 2002, 19:01   #4
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:41
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Aww for shame! If they would have at least started a fire, it would make my job of clearing these jungles much easier! Burn it down!

Unortho may have been on to something! Hmm *starts to think evil things*

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
Old September 9, 2002, 21:47   #5
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 07:41
If someone would post, say, a more "comprehensive" Gazzette, that would be most appreciated.

Not that there was anything wrong with GhengisFarb's effort, of course.

Thanks.
Old September 9, 2002, 21:50   #6
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Jungle Ball scores should be in the Gazette, especially since my team is doing so well.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 9, 2002, 21:54   #7
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
Jungle Ball scores should be in the Gazette, especially since my team is doing so well.
No they shouldn't...

I just got crushed .

Seriously, though, it'd be cool if the Jungle Ball scores and perhaps even notable events (such as one player scoring a lot of points) were in the Gazette... it probably wouldn't be a hard section to right, too... just a little table with numbers and only an article if there's something to report.

-- adaMada
Old September 9, 2002, 22:17   #8
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

You did better than three other people. It only looks relatively bad too since Priest Holmes did so well.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 9, 2002, 22:18   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Sean
If someone would post, say, a more "comprehensive" Gazzette, that would be most appreciated.

Not that there was anything wrong with GhengisFarb's effort, of course.

Thanks.
Actually, it was supposed to be a joke as it appeared there wasn't going to be a Gazette Edition that Saturday.............
Old September 9, 2002, 22:40   #10
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Apocalypse
You did better than three other people. It only looks relatively bad too since Priest Holmes did so well.
Yea, I know, mainly bad luck. Priest Holmes was awsome, and Shawn Alexander wasn't able to come close to matching it. Really, tough luck .

I'm hoping to have better luck in later games -- even if not, though, this is pretty fun .

We should also def. have the scores in the Gazette if that's possible; it is a valid piece of Roleplaying, I think.

-- adaMada
Old September 9, 2002, 22:48   #11
Apocalypse
Emperor

There should be emphasis on the Termina/Timeline game from this week.

My team plans Del Monte next week. Week 3 they play Termina though. They are probably going to get too cocky from the first two wins and blow it though
Old September 9, 2002, 23:04   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:41
If i get a chance.... not that I think I will.... but if I get one I will try to put something together. I have a lot of RL issues to deal with lately and am bairly making it....

PS - the Chiquita Bananas Rock!!!!! We should have a whole expo on just them!!!! Go Jungle Ball!!!!!

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 9, 2002, 23:15   #13
adaMada
King

GK, I hate you .

The sad thing was I was actually holding my own until Priest Holmes came along and scored a good twenty more points then Shawn Alexander did .

Seriously, I think the FF league should be integrated into the game a bit; why not have friendly bets with mini-game money, fans, and loyal supporters?

Having said that, this has gone wayy off topic, and poor UnOrthO's gonna have to sort through all this stuff when he gets back, .

-- adaMada
Old September 10, 2002, 09:55   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:41
Don't worry - I'll tell UnOrthO that this thread is a no-On Topic area.

/me grumbles at the prospect of not getting up to read the Gazette.

The Persians shall PAY!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 10, 2002, 19:15   #15
Sean
Prince

Local Time: 07:41
Actually, it was supposed to be a joke as it appeared there wasn't going to be a Gazette Edition that Saturday.............

I was well aware that it was an attempt at humour.

I still want/ed a proper gazzette. As entertaining (or not) as your post was, it was no substitute for actual information.
Old September 10, 2002, 19:48   #16
Apocalypse
Emperor

I'll just copy and past the HTML from the standings. Hopefully it will work. I am too lazy to mess with it.

Regular Season Standings

RankTeam NameW-L-T Win % PTS Streak
1 Geofront Evas1-0-01.000100.00W-1
2 Termina Trip1-0-01.00093.00W-1
3 Banana (HQ) Peels1-0-01.00092.00W-1
4 Chiquita Bananas1-0-01.00092.00W-1
5 Del Monte Ranchers1-0-01.00077.00W-1
6 Apolytonia Archers0-1-0.00080.00L-1
7 Jerusalem Pickers0-1-0.00072.00L-1
8 Ubergorsk Irons0-1-0.00068.00L-1
9 Timeline0-1-0.00062.00L-1
10 Here It Is Winos0-1-0.00057.00L-1

= on href="http://messenger.yahoo.com" target=top>Yahoo! Messenger now