Old September 16, 2002, 15:46   #31
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 02:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The loss of Philadelphia was offset by an establishment of a new city on the northern shore. If we do take America, would we want to finish them off, or only take what was needed for incense valley? Because at this point finishing them off will require some maneuvering all the way up to the northern shore (not that that's a huge problem or anything).
Old September 16, 2002, 18:29   #32
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I think we only want the area near us. So I see no need for a big push north. I am considering requesting 5 swords and 2 horse for an american offensive.
Aggie
Old September 16, 2002, 18:35   #33
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 23:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I think we only want the area near us. So I see no need for a big push north. I am considering requesting 5 swords and 2 horse for an american offensive.
Aggie
If that is all it takes to finish off America, you may as well bring the matter to the People now (declarations of war require a vote).

But I suspect it will require a few more units than that. What is the total estimated cost of an American war in units, including defenders?

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 16, 2002, 18:58   #34
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

For the american war I was planning a total of 10 offensive units to be involved(6sword,4horse). Remember they don't have fuedalism yet so no pikeman. The numbers above include troops returning from the persian front( so 1sw or 2horse from persian front). We would need 4 pikeman for defense too(4 cities). I don't plan on the war immediately, I was just thinking about where we would want the troops to be built later. The main reason fro delaying war is this, Germany. I don't want a war with them unless it is on our on terms and until we have knights.
Aggie
Old September 16, 2002, 19:03   #35
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 23:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think we should finish off the Americans and French before going to war with Germany or anyone else.
Old September 16, 2002, 19:05   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:44
I see us in my prime GA position described in the GA thread and using that time to annex America up to Chicago and possibly the French area.

If we're lucky Greece will join against us and we can take their Ivory.
Old September 16, 2002, 20:03   #37
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
If we're lucky Greece will join against us and we can take their Ivory.
To be honest, if we find ourselves in a war with Greece (that we didn't start) anytime soon, the last thing I'll be thinking is that we're lucky . I don't like unexpected wars...

-- adaMada