Old September 11, 2002, 09:42   #31
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 07:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by MagnusMarcus
I am content to vote for the almighty yet again as OPD will surely win uncontested.
I'm sorry you feel so discontented Magnus. Belive it or not I too was hoping for a election race. Elections can be exciting at times and uncontested elections are above all undemocratic.

The current time is one of great change with many demogamers leaving (school/uni etc) and many new ones coming through to prominent positions, perhaps once things have settled down things will be more contested.
Old September 11, 2002, 10:06   #32
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:46
If I had something against OPD, the "banana vote" could makes sense. Not in this case. OPD it's an active and important citizen and deserves the job by his qualities. He proved that many times. He will be an excellent Prez, I'm sure.
The protest vote needs to make sense. MagnusMarcus if you're not happy with an incontested election, run for the job! It's a free country...

Edit some typos

Last edited by Aro; September 11, 2002 at 12:05.
Old September 11, 2002, 11:59   #33
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:46
I just wish someone incompetent would run in an uncontested election then we could choose between a fruit or a vegetable................
Old September 11, 2002, 13:29   #34
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 03:46
Voting for the Banana is a vote for your Prez. That's because the President is a puppet for the Banana. Always has been, always will be.
Old September 11, 2002, 13:34   #35
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T
Voting for the Banana is a vote for your Prez. That's because the President is a puppet for the Banana. Always has been, always will be.
Are you saying OPD is a "has been"?

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 13, 2002 at 10:14.
Old September 12, 2002, 19:59   #36
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

What are your plans for the flow of information during this term?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 13, 2002, 01:50   #37
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:46
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Are you saying OPD is a "has been"?
That's inaccurate.

OPD is a 'Will be". I am the "has been".

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 13, 2002, 08:23   #38
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
What are your plans for the flow of information during this term?
Rather than inform people of whats going on I thought I'd just put out a general vibe of how things are going every few days.

But seriously my main concern is a decrease in the numbers. You've probably noticed yourself that there are less people around these days (probably due to college or school). To keep the people who are around active I think we need chats of some decription. I'd like to see more exchange of information through chat rooms and more discussions through caht rooms (ala Donegal perhaps) but this does not mean I want to go back to the excessively slow chats of the past where too much was discussed while playing.

As for the directory I'm hoping apoc or ada will take charge of it and make sure it's ok but will look at it myself if I have to.
Old September 13, 2002, 08:25   #39
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:46
OPD,
I've volunteered to do the Directory, and I'll happily do it, but if anyone else wants the job then I could probably step aside and find something else to do .

-- adaMada
Old September 13, 2002, 08:54   #40
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Hmm,

It is more than just the directory there, OPD. I am specifically asking:

Do you have any plans to change/improve the way that the following are posted/reported:

Turn Reports
Ministers plans (will you post them before these chats)
You say you want to have chats for info, how will you report/log those chats for the generic public? What will they involve?
How will you aid the Constitutional convention?
Would you be willing to attempt some 'test runs' should they ask you?

And, most importantly:

Expect and interview with myself, should you be elected.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 13, 2002, 09:54   #41
OPD
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Hmm,

It is more than just the directory there, OPD. I am specifically asking:

Do you have any plans to change/improve the way that the following are posted/reported:

Turn Reports
Ministers plans (will you post them before these chats)
You say you want to have chats for info, how will you report/log those chats for the generic public? What will they involve?
How will you aid the Constitutional convention?
Would you be willing to attempt some 'test runs' should they ask you?

And, most importantly:

Expect and interview with myself, should you be elected.
I should have known better than to try and questin dodge the VP.

Ok then there are a few things I need to iron out but here's what I'm planning on doing.

I like the way MWIA posts the reports but I want to keep the report thread free of discussion and have it soley for the reports and saves for each set of turns. Therefore in addition to a precise report of what we did I will post a new untopped thread which gives a general overview of the main points which happened which can be used to discuss what happened. This will of course link to the full report and the full report for each set of turns will link to the discussion of each turns.

The reports thread will just be a record of each set of turns and a corresponding save. The top post will contain the current save, current report, next thread/chat time and possibly a link to the ministers orders for the turns played and a link to the discusion thread.

I like the way the ministers currently present their orders in a thread. Perhaps some sort of standard would format would be good. I might ask each minister to provide a link to their office or a discussion thread about there orders in the ministers plans thread. Or perhaps I could post a link in the first post of the orders thread.

In terms of chats if they are turn chats Ilike MWIA's idea of having 2 logins one for himself and one for orders. I son't know how to log chats but my little brother knows alot about irc so I'll probably get him to do it and then I can just post it in the reports thread. As for unofficial chats I'm still unsure about which way to go with these there are a few ideas floating around such as a pre turns chat. If people really want a report of unofficial chats then I can report them too I suppose.

As for the CC while not actually being active in it I am hoping to observe their progress closely. Although I do not have any definate plans to help them in any way if a situation where I can help them should arise I will do so and if they request any reasonable aid of course I would oblige.

Attempting test runs will decided on a test run by test run basis and only after lengthy discussions with ministers and the public.

I am open to suggestions or comments from anyone about any of the above (suggestions in particular).

As for an interview I must vet all questions before hand and veto and aspect of it before publication. Also I may or may not assign a spokesman to do all presidential interviews.

JK of course I'll do an interview.
Old September 13, 2002, 10:21   #42
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

VP?

This is in full reporter mode here.

Ask Ninot how bad I can get... Hell, go back and look at HIS campaign thread. I had some real tough questions in there.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 13, 2002, 10:32   #43
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:46
Yeah, I got off SOO easy - and only 'cause I left it so late to campaign. Plus saying you wanted to be UnOrthO's running mate helped too!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 13, 2002, 11:43   #44
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

yes.

Questioning you would have likely been pointless. We had discussed most everything I would ask before anyway, so I may as well been questioning myself at that point. I only have so many personalities to begin with. No need confusing them by asking questions.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby