Old September 10, 2002, 12:08   #1
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:46
Local Date: November 1, 2010
EFnet #smacdg turcnhat room thread
I have started this because we may well be having a chat on Wednesday at 2000GMT, and it will be in the #smacdg room on EFnet.

DBTS and I have been trying to connect, and have done so only with some problems. DBTS - I am in the room now on the Calgary server (is server the right word?), but I can't see you. What's up with that?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 10, 2002, 12:11   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:46
i am on the EU server i am trying to connect to CA but failing evertime if you stay on the CA i will try again! ok?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 10, 2002, 12:14   #3
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

i cant connect to CA i am going for EU if you try that one too?
Old September 10, 2002, 12:15   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Sure, the only one so far I have had luck with is Calgary. I am trying the EU ones now.

It keeps telling me I am "unauthorised to use this server". And is the room #smacdg?

Old September 10, 2002, 12:17   #5
DeathByTheSword
King

Maybe an other chatroom maybe? what about MSN chat not messenger but just from the net you can start chatrooms there i think!
Old September 10, 2002, 12:18   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

I am in, but there's no-one there and I am known as MrWhereIt! This isn't even my alternate nick.

WTF is going on? And what's wrong with DALnet? That waas always fine.

Old September 10, 2002, 12:21   #7
DeathByTheSword
King

DALnet is ok by me trying to do it with DALnet US

made a chatroom on MSN.com DGsmac... under computing

easy to use IF you have a MSNpasword thingy!
Old September 10, 2002, 12:21   #8
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 10:46
MWIA, hang on, I'll try to find where you are.
Old September 10, 2002, 12:23   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

If it helps I am connected on EU, NO, Homelien and called MrWhereIt for some reason.

Old September 10, 2002, 12:24   #10
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

It doesn't matter what countries server you're on, as long as the server is on EFNet. DBTS, you using mIRC?
Old September 10, 2002, 12:26   #11
DeathByTheSword
King

guys the most of you probebly hate MSN but these chatrooms are pretty good! but we are still trying EF NET?

EDIT: kass yes is that a problem?
Old September 10, 2002, 12:29   #12
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

DBTS - Kass and I are there.
Try again.

Old September 10, 2002, 12:30   #13
DeathByTheSword
King

I am still trying but i have mIRC does that matter?
Old September 10, 2002, 12:35   #14
DeathByTheSword
King

i can connect to Dalnet but not to EF net but i will restart my CPu i helps sometimes!
Old September 10, 2002, 12:40   #15
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Good. If you have mIRC I can tell you what to do.

Start it up, and select File -> Options. Then there's the field 'Irc network'. Select from the list EFnet. Then fill the information, nick etc. on the forms below, click OK and then File -> Connect. Then, it'll ask for a channel name once you're connected (might take a while). Write #smacdg (also just smacdg is enough) and I should see you here.
Old September 10, 2002, 12:42   #16
DeathByTheSword
King

i know how to use it tanx anyways?! but it doesnt connect i get timed out evertime! not funny! with DAL i am online in 5 seconds!

EDIT: it finally worked!
Old September 10, 2002, 15:02   #17
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:46
DALnet hates me . EFnet seems not to like me that much either. i finally got on to irc.lightning.net after several tries. as for choosing servers, isnt it better to choose on closer to you? undernet has one in toronto AND in montreal *hint hint*

anyways, i'll be TKG or TKG32
Old September 11, 2002, 00:56   #18
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:46
thanks for organising this in my absence
i've been just slightly busy, but that's only for a couple of days...

you don't need to connect to the one closest to you

the one i always get onto is located in moscow

DE
your aussie commissioner
Old September 11, 2002, 04:58   #19
Joeno
Alpha Centauri Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:46
I believe (but might be wrong here) that EFnet doesn't allow people with a too aggresive firewall on - they need to check something which certain firewalls (eg, Zonealarm) blocks. If you have a firewall on, you might try switching it off.
Old September 11, 2002, 07:02   #20
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:46

Unfortunately, there's no way I'll be able to attend. I tried downloading mIRC at the school yesterday. No luck.

Since I'm stuck there until 8 PM ET, I probably won't be able to make the chat until 8:30 PM (and even then, maybe not for long). I've posted my orders, anyway, so it won't matter unless we suddenly get a lot more energy credits or get Industrial Automation somehow.
Old September 11, 2002, 07:11   #21
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Vlad: instead of MiRC, i got ViRC (MIRC was shareware ) from www.tucows.com. it works fine for me (though mirc.com has a good FAQ page) but if you're at school as you say, there may be a firewall.

Last edited by Method; September 11, 2002 at 07:18.
Old September 11, 2002, 07:17   #22
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 01:46
Well, it's not that it won't download-- it's that there's no way I can get the program (or any downloaded program) to run. (They changed the network setups recently. Under the old system, I wouldn't have had any problems.)

If I get the opportunity to access 'Poly at school today, I'll see if I can download that program...
Old September 11, 2002, 09:30   #23
Darkness' Edge
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCall to Power II Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova Traders
Prince

Local Time: 18:46
Um, one problem, MWIA...

the agreed time was not 2000 Wednesday, but 2200-2300 Wednesday.

As of now, I've just got home from opening night of my play, it's midnight, and I'm absolutely stuffed.

I don't mind getting up at 7 (which is why I said 2200 at the earliest)...but 5 is out of the question.

So apologies to anyone who got confused, but you'll have to wait until 10PM GMT for a turnchat.

midnight bedtime...seven am turnchat...somehow I don't think I'll be seeking reelection
Old September 11, 2002, 10:01   #24
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Midnight for me. I've been ill and I really can't get asleep so I'll probably be there after all.
Old September 11, 2002, 13:35   #25
AdamTG02
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Delian LeagueC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

Local Time: 03:46
Reason for the truncated name: EFnet limits youto 9 characters for nicknames. So MrWhereItsAt becomes MrWhereIt.

If this is going to be a problem, DALnet, for one, allows longer nicks.
Old September 11, 2002, 14:22   #26
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Nah, I think we can manage with shorter names. I'll be Kass^DoSE, for instance. AdamTG02 is short enough, MWIA is MWIA, DBTS is DBTS and so on.
Sure, if we can connect better to DALnet, that'll work fine for me too.
Old September 11, 2002, 14:59   #27
Method
Emperor

5PM: finish homework, and then try to wrestle the use of the computer away from the others in my household wanting to use it
Old September 11, 2002, 15:41   #28
DeathByTheSword
King

ok for tonight does anyone know how to make a link to a certain post? this will come in handy for the sav/report/log
Old September 11, 2002, 16:49   #29
DeathByTheSword
King

10 minutes to government meeting do all the relative personnel go to there comlinks and log on
Old September 11, 2002, 16:58   #30
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Ok people, get there before DeathByTheSword gets to play the game himself...