Old September 11, 2002, 09:15   #1
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 09:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Anybody wants to play a MP game with me?
Looking for somebody to play with in EU1 (I hope not everybody switched to the sequel). I'm not a beginner, but not quite a veteran either and I'd like to play sort of a relaxed game. I'm pretty flexible when it comes to setting times. (at least I am now)

Thanks
Colon™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2002, 10:09   #2
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 08:49
Hmm, I'm interested. I haven't been playing EU for some time now but I'm not some newbie. I've never played MP before. Relaxed game sounds good though.

I can play at about 18:00-22:00 CET at weekdays. On weekends it's different from day to day but some days I should be able to play anytime. (It's official, I have no life lol)

-Homer Simpson
Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2002, 13:37   #3
Colon™
Emperor

18-22h sounds good to me... Do you have ICQ or MSN? (my adresses are in my profile)
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old September 11, 2002, 14:02   #4
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Both

I don't have the energy to play tonight so I'll contact you later so you can tell me how you play MP.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 11, 2002, 14:35   #5
Colon™
Emperor

What do you mean you have no energy to play? Gaming is what gives you energy!

(at least that's the only way I can explain 10 hours sessions and skipping sleep for this stuff )
Old September 11, 2002, 14:37   #6
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

I'm afraid school sucked up all my life force this day. My stability will go up tomorrow. Look at that, I'm already using EU-phrases.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 11, 2002, 14:52   #7
Colon™
Emperor

No problem.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old September 11, 2002, 22:30   #8
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 07:49
...I'm not sure I can do it- but are you free from 19 GMT-22 GMT?
I have yet to make a successful mp game
and yet to finish a real game even
Old September 12, 2002, 11:33   #9
Colon™
Emperor

Why should you finish a game? I tends to get boring after a while anyway.

19-22 GMT (that would be 20-23 in our time zone, right?) sounds good for me too, maybe even better.
Old September 12, 2002, 11:40   #10
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Yea, sounds good. An hour to and fro', not so important. I'm going to eat dinner now, I'll ICQ you later so you cant teach me how to play MP, Colon.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 12, 2002, 12:45   #11
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

I'm awaiting authorization, Colon.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 12, 2002, 13:13   #12
Colon™
Emperor

I gave it 20 minutes ago.
Old September 12, 2002, 13:32   #13
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Is your ICQ working? I've send you a couple of messages but no reply.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 12, 2002, 13:37   #14
Colon™
Emperor

Haven't received anything besides the authorisation request. Could you send your # in a PM? I'll try to contact you instead.
Old September 12, 2002, 16:03   #15
Colon™
Emperor

There's a problem. Pavlov and I were able to play about half an hour (long enough to see my allies smash the Turks in a war ) but then he dropped out. When we tried to restart he locked-up every time in the scenario menu. Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be and how to fix it?
Old September 12, 2002, 19:48   #16
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Did he time out?

Or did he just drop out- if he dropped out then it could have been many things- you would have to ask him

Okay Colon- I'll watch for when you are on

Right now I'm playing a SP game as Poland-Lithuania and have the 2nd largest civ (of the 5 major nations in IGC)
Turkey is by far the largest

And Austria owns central europe

I'm banned from Spain, The Netherlands, Mughal Empire and several other CoT's already by 1622 and have no allies

oh well
Old September 12, 2002, 23:07   #17
Colon™
Emperor

DC, add me on your ICQ or MSN list and give me a sign if you want to play, ok?
Old September 13, 2002, 02:01   #18
Pavlov
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

DC, it locked up on me. I'm not the kind of guy who drops out after a good start.

-Homer Simpson
Old September 13, 2002, 09:35   #19
DarkCloud
staff

Sorry Colon- I don't have msn and I don't use ICQ because I keep getting Port Scan attacks I have AIM however.
Old September 13, 2002, 23:53   #20
Colon™
Emperor

What are Port Scan attacks?

Well I guess we could try to set a game up via poly, shouldn't be too hard. (I'm not really willing to get AIM, sorry)

Besides, if those embargoes annoy you, make use of your CB and just declare war. That will remove the embargo and as long you don't snatch away any provinces in the peace settlement other countries won't detest you (any more than they already did).
Old September 15, 2002, 20:12   #21
DarkCloud
staff

Yes, but I am playing as Pol-Lituania (almost no navy and no way to get a large one ) and Spain embargoes me... I can't reach spain unless I sail through Denmark's waters and around the tip of England

As for Mughal Empire... I'd have to go through Russia,Turkey and Azerjaban as well as Persia to reach them

-
Port Scan attacks- a hacker scans your ports to see if one is open so that he can get into your files and mess with them.
Old September 16, 2002, 09:56   #22
Colon™
Emperor

Ah yes, I forgot for a moment about the nuisances of being a continental power.