Old September 11, 2002, 09:26   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
$Mini-Game Format and Poll Discussion.
1) which did you prefer, this last system, the one before, or the original system. The plan had been to continue with Frances system for a few turns but no one even attempted to build his buildings which were the main element of his plan.

The main reason the prices were different is under the old system and the last one, out product competes against itself and gets double counted in the supply line.

2) What should we do with the lands given up by members who no longer wish to be involved? Sheik, skywalker, Frances, and Kramerman and have stated that they no longer wish to be involved (others have merely turned over lands due to vacations or other temporary situations which I feel is legitimate and the system seems to work okay for that)?

Notyoueither suggested putting them back into the auction pool or putting them in stasis incase they return.

3) I would like to try the nest session with the subProduct and integrate a hybrid system of the D:S numbers from session 4 (way easier for me, session 5's system took six hours to compute) and the ability to sell at minimum/maximum prices from session 5. The goal (in my opinion) is to have a system where you can easily own land and simply sell you product and/or own buildings that convert to finished goods/sell at a bonus if you want more out of it.

List of current players and their lastest reponses:
1)adaMada
2)Captain
3)civman2000
4)Darkness' Edge
5)Duddha
6)Epistax
7)Franses
8)GhengisFarb..............1)Session 4's system, 2)Land goes back to auction, 3)Yes, play hybrid
9)jdd2007
10)Jonny
11)Kloreep
12)Kramerman
[b]13)Nimitz
14)notyoueither
15)Rendelnep
16)Shiek
17)skywalker
18)Spiffor
19)UnOrthOdOx
Old September 11, 2002, 15:37   #2
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 03:49
anything simple that can be used for a long time (in a while the market will be flooded with shields/commerce)
Old September 12, 2002, 02:57   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I like the min/max of session 5. That is way easier for everyone, isn't it?

The D:S system from 4 is good too. I can't figure why the products I am selling are counted twice in the other incarnations.

For 2, unattended land goes back to the govt when interest begins. Foreclosure.

3. Yes.
Old September 12, 2002, 18:15   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither

The D:S system from 4 is good too. I can't figure why the products I am selling are counted twice in the other incarnations.

Sounds okay to me.
Old September 12, 2002, 19:51   #5
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:49
Quote:

3. Yes.
I agree.
Old September 14, 2002, 11:49   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I think session 6 is going well, so I'd like to stick with that basic system and have new ideas expand on that.

I would like to limit my subDemand/subProduct idea to resource and finished goods only, keeping common food, shields, and commerce common.

Here's what I've got worked up so far:
Horses = commerce generated from Horse tiles 30% bonus
Iron = shields generated from Iron tiles 30% bonus
Saltpeter = commerce generated from Saltpeter tiles 30% bonus
Coal = shields generated from Coal tiles 20% bonus
Fuel Coal = commerce generated from Coal tiles 10% bonus
Crude Oil = shields generated from Oil tiles 10% bonus
Petroleum = commerce generated from Oil tiles 20% bonus
Rubber = commerce generated from Rubber tiles 30% bonus
Aluminum = shields generated from Aluminum tiles 30% bonus
Weapon Grade Uranium = shields from Uranium tiles 50% bonus
Fuel Cell Uranium = commerce from Uranium tiles 10% bonus

Grapes = food from Wine tiles 15% bonus
Wine = commerce from Wine tiles 15% bonus (alcohol)
Dye = commerce from Dye tiles 30% bonus
Incense = commerce from Incense tiles 30% bonus
Spice = commerce from Spice tiles 30% bonus
Ivory = commerce from Ivory tiles 30% bonus (luxury)
Beef = food from Cattle tiles 20% bonus
Leather = shields from Cattle tiles 10% bonus
Grain = food from Wheat tiles 20% bonus
Gold = commerce from Gold tiles 50% bonus(luxury)
Venison = Food from Game tiles 30% bonus

The list seems daunting, but I thought it best to do the list now as opposed to later when the resources might have popped up on someone's tile and then conflict of interest might occur.

The bonuses are pretty standard across the board with a few tweaks for resource rarity (Uranium), usefulness (Coal), and potential production increase (Wheat).

Current proposed subDemands:
Alcohol includes Wine and Beer(Produced by Brewery from Grain) {Food OR Commerce Market}
50% bonus if amount sold is less than 40% of Market Pop
100% bonus if amount sold is less than 30% of Market Pop
150% bonus if amount sold is less than 20% of Market Pop
200% bonus if amount sold is less than 10% of Market Pop

Luxuries includes Ivory and Gold {Commerce Market}
100% bonus if amount sold is less than 40% of Market Pop
150% bonus if amount sold is less than 30% of Market Pop
200% bonus if amount sold is less than 20% of Market Pop
300% bonus if amount sold is less than 10% of Market Pop

Propose a Jeweler Building that breaks down Gold and Ivory into smaller commerce (representing Jewelry).

Eventually see a Steel Foundry converting 1 coal and 1 iron into 1 steel by using labor. Steel could then be used for Automobiles and Commercial Jets, etc.

And have thought about a racetrack where players who have bought a horse can race them for prize money.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 15, 2002 at 15:44.
Old September 15, 2002, 12:52   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Any Building ideas for Estates? Anything build on an estate wouldn't have to have local labor.
Old September 15, 2002, 14:18   #8
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:49
i am not playing the BETA game but i am following it and maybe if i have enough time i will join too but idea for the estate......maybe waterwells (+5% food), electricty (5% overall), windmills (flower? or 5% commerce), etc etc. there al lot of thing you can build on the estate and stuff
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 15, 2002, 15:40   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
i am not playing the BETA game but i am following it and maybe if i have enough time i will join too but idea for the estate......maybe waterwells (+5% food), electricty (5% overall), windmills (flower? or 5% commerce), etc etc. there al lot of thing you can build on the estate and stuff
I'm hoping when the Beta is over (9 more turns) we will get some more players and I plan to open a lot more territory up for auction.

I was thinking of putting the Brewery and Mills on estates:

Brewery (5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert to 2 food into 2 Mead(alcohol) per labor (1 to 1 conversion).
Allows up to 4 labor to convert up 2 grain(only source is Wheat) into 2 Beer (1 to 1 conversion). Beer sells at 30% bonus.

All alcohol can be sold on the food AND commerce markets, and is calculated with the alcohol subDemand bonus.

Note that the only forseeable sources of wheat are American territory to the north and Uber Isle to the south.

Wind Mill (5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert 2 food into 2 flour per labor. Flour sells on the food market at a 50% bonus.

Lumber Mill (5 shields/labor)
Requires tile to have river access.

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 1 shield into 2 half-shields per labor. Half-shields function exactly like shields but sell at half the price, representing crafted construction supplies. (Your turning logs (used to build log cabins) into lumber (thinner strips of wood))

Race Track (5 shields/labor)
Requires 1 labor to operate per every 4 horses.
Generates 1 commerce per pop of cities with the racetrack in thier radius for each labor required.

(Example if you are running 4 horses, 1 labor, 1 commerce for each pop. Running 5 horses, requires 2 labor, generates 2 commerce for each pop.)

Each horse must come from a different player, no player can enter more than one horse per racetrack. Its up to the racetrack owner on how they want to compensate or hire players to enter horses or amount of purse if offered.

Race results will be determined by a Commisioner who CANNOT enter any horses.

Note that the only source of horses is notyoueither.
Old September 15, 2002, 15:53   #10
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

DF question i looked thru most thread about the $game but i couldnt find any 'current' explanation about that D:S thingy i read everwhere could you redirect me to the good post or make a summary here oh pretty pretty please
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 15, 2002, 16:08   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
DF question i looked thru most thread about the $game but i couldnt find any 'current' explanation about that D:S thingy i read everwhere could you redirect me to the good post or make a summary here oh pretty pretty please
D = Demand
S = Supply
We divide Demand by Supply to get a percentage which is then multiplied by the Base Rate ($100 for everything except commerce which is $50) to get the current market price.

The more sold (Supply) the lower the price.
The more demanded (Demand) the higher the price.

The demand and supply numbers are supplied in the first post (Market Assessment) that opens each trading session.

We experimented with several sources for the numbers but I think the ones we're using now are the most popular.
Old September 15, 2002, 18:34   #12
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Market Region Ideas.

I was thinking how the territory should be divided into markets and thought of this:

"Home Market"
Apolyton
Termina
Tassagrad
BHQ
Loveshack
Ubergorsk
(New Munich)
Geofront
Napoleton
Seeberg
Gaia
(Mystery City 1)
DelMonte
Chiquita
Timeline
The biggest of them all and the one that we would open with after the beta period was done (9 more trading sessions)

"French Market"
(Chartres)
Port Rouge
Here It Is
Macross City
Jerusalem
(Rheims)
(Mystery City 2)

"Colonial Market"
Another Glorious City
(and the rest of Uber Isle)

"Persian Market"
Everthing East of the Iron Mountains

Any other ideas/suggestions?
Old September 15, 2002, 18:42   #13
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

re the Brewery, WindMill, LumberMill, RaceTrack...

that's very labour intensive. Do they have to be hired everyturn? Vassals? That's a lot of food.
Old September 15, 2002, 22:15   #14
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
re the Brewery, WindMill, LumberMill, RaceTrack...

that's very labour intensive. Do they have to be hired everyturn? Vassals? That's a lot of food.
Yeah, but you could probably use someone else's vassals are hire from the cities. We've had 4-8 vassals ditting around picking their noses every turn and there will be more coming with the Persian war. It gives them something to do, and I don't see everyone building these maybe one or two and then processing everyone elses stuff.

The shield conversion requires a river and the only player that produces shields and has a river tile is Nimitz.

Do you not like the idea of having a need for your horses?
Old September 15, 2002, 23:21   #15
notyoueither
Deity

No problem with most of it. I like the race track. Heh.

I'm just wondering how the math of those conversions will work. In some cases, selling the food and the original commodity would be better than feeding vassals/hiring labour every turn. I suggest we try it and adjust as needed.
Old September 16, 2002, 11:25   #16
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Should the racetrack be chariot races for now and horseracing later?

What happend to the Inns? I think they should cost 5 whatevers and be introduced next turn with those other thingies. Maybe they would increase the bonus of taverns to 100% so after you built a tavern you could build an Inn for 5 more to double its bonus.

I like the idea of having taverns/inns work based on the population of the city their in versus simply 2. That way players will build more in higher population cities which is where most business would be anyway.
Old September 16, 2002, 15:09   #17
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

("boot to the bum" or "bump" in American)
Old September 17, 2002, 07:33   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

NOTE: Any conversion process takes the turn to complete, so at the end of turn you would have half-shields, Mead, Beer, or Flour, but wouldn't have sold them as they were being produced while other product was being sold. They would then be sold in the following turn.

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I was thinking of putting the Brewery and Mills on estates:

Brewery (5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert to 2 food into 2 Mead(alcohol) per labor (1 to 1 conversion).
Allows up to 4 labor to convert up 2 Grain(only source is Wheat) into 2 Beer (1 to 1 conversion). Beer sells at 30% bonus.

All alcohol can be sold on the food AND commerce markets, and is calculated with the alcohol subDemand bonus.

Note that the only forseeable sources of wheat are American territory to the north and Uber Isle to the south.

Wind Mill (5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert 2 food into 2 flour per labor. Flour sells on the food market at a 50% bonus.

Lumber Mill (5 shields/labor)
Requires tile to have river access.

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 1 shield into 2 half-shields per labor. Half-shields function exactly like shields but sell at half the price, representing crafted construction supplies. (Your turning logs (used to build log cabins) into lumber (thinner strips of wood))

Race Track (5 shields/labor)
Requires 1 labor to operate per every 4 horses and must run at least 2 horses.
Generates 1 commerce per pop of cities with the racetrack in their radius for each labor required and that commerce is considered sold at D:S. The commerce IS considered part of the supply in the D:S calculation (it was from the Pop's disposable income).

(Example if you are running 4 horses, 1 labor, 1 commerce for each pop. Running 5 horses, requires 2 labor, generates 2 commerce for each pop.)

Each horse must come from a different player, no player can enter more than one horse per racetrack. Its up to the racetrack owner on how they want to compensate or hire players to enter horses or amount of purse if offered.

Race results will be determined by a Commisioner who CANNOT enter any horses.

Note that the only source of horses is notyoueither. Horses can be kept on any tile that produces a food and as long as only one horse is kept on each tile it has no effect on the tiles food production. For each pair of horses on the same tile, 1 food is consumed.
Okay and the following additions:

Inn (5 shields/labor)
Requires Tavern
Increase Tavern bonus on food per city pop to 100%.

b]Shoppe (Rule addition)[/b]
Any Shoppe in a city with a Marketplace receives an additional 25% bonus, or 75% total bonus.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 17, 2002 at 07:44.