Old September 19, 2002, 14:05   #31
Kirov
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I think customizing map size is a good idea. Otherwise, I insist on large size, should we avoid conflicts because of mere reason of the living space.

After the second thought I'm against the spoils of war. It would be funnier if warmongers will have to obtain techs in other ways. But I play UoP, so my opinion can be seen as biased.

I'm really against Bell Curve, our play should not be randomized by stupid accidents. And sunspot activity can make the game really boring...

I'd like to add we should ban some exploits, esp with drop pods and reverse engineering. Shall we establish some formal rules, or the common sense will be enough?

Any AI should be disabled from our game.

To DarthMaur: Zefir's mail is in his sig - zefir@space.pl, and Hercules was willing to play either Hive or Gaians.
Old September 19, 2002, 14:16   #32
Zefir
Settler

I think idea with somethink between standard and large is good, as to my e-mail thats:
zefir@space.pl

I'm against bell curve, and against spoils of war.
DSS:0x8E19FF25
Old September 19, 2002, 14:44   #33
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 08:55
I think we're nearly there. Kirov you initiated the game, you now choose the settings and map size. Check Apolyton PBem rules and advise us which you want to go with. I think most of us will agree with you.

Also only you know the situation with regard to the 7th player. If no one appears soon then suggest delete Believers AI giving McClever the Gaians.
Old September 19, 2002, 15:14   #34
Kirov
Prince

Damn, I apologize but I forgot to write that my second friend would not play. I suggest to wait til someone else join (it would be just funnier), but it's up to you. I don't think we're close to play, because consensus should be made about map size, unless of course, you want me to determine everything as I want.

Can I assume that if someone doesn't post his opinion about something (e.g. Bell curve), it's irrelevant to him? I hoped that Thrar and Mr. Clever would join the discussion.
Old September 19, 2002, 17:08   #35
MrClever
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:55
I guess I'll take the Gaians, unless someone really wants them bad enough.
I'm cool on splitting the difference on the map size thing. Everything else appears good.
Old September 20, 2002, 12:01   #36
Kirov
Prince

Can you guys wait with the game 'til Sunday/Monday? I'm leaving on the weekend and will be off-line. Perhaps the 7th player will join during this time...

As it stands right now, planet will be customized (42x85, according to DarthMaur), Spoils of War off, and Bell curve on.

With Mr. Clever playing Gaians, only Hive and Miriam are left for Hercules. Hercules, I guess you'd like to play Hive?

We should also discuss exploits and other rules.
You can find them here

So, who will be holding our passwords? Hercules, could you handle that?
Old September 20, 2002, 14:34   #37
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

I intend to be around for quite a while, but don't forget I 'm a player. If we can recruit a more experienced and neutral person to hold passwords, that is better. Alternatively, if you want me to approach a King or Prince in this game on this topic say so now.

Failing that, I will hold the passwords eg knowledge. I would prefer if a non combatants held the passwords. As a last resort I will keep the game passwords in a special file .
Old September 24, 2002, 06:05   #38
Hercules
Deity

Kirov:
Received turn thanks but we need to post the player running order so players know when to expect the next move. I haven't opened it yet but am about to shortly.

Secondly, you mentioned passwords . who has them, I don't.

Thirdly, we need to make sure, we all are familar with the playing procedure. I think this is how it works.

If for discussion sake Thar is next I would send him the file as Peacekeeper 2103 or what ever is the year. He should open the file with his password. In turn, after he has played he would send the file to the next player, say Zefir, as morgan 2103 and so on.

Also at the end of your turn your press 'save and exit', NOT the OK button.

This is my understanding of procedure. Can someone confirm or advise otherwise.

Finally; I notice players start a game turn thread when a game starts so that all players can find out who the game is with currently or if any problems arise. As you initiated the game, you have the honour of naming the game.

Kirov: Keep it up you've done a grand job so far.
Old September 24, 2002, 06:25   #39
Hercules
Deity

Kirov: Sorry ignore most of what I've just posted. I received a turn in a new H2H game from a player with a similar name. In a H2H naturally you don't need to post turn order: there is only 2 people plus AI.

You were probably wondering what I was talking about.
Old September 27, 2002, 11:37   #40
Hercules
Deity

Anybody any Idea as to what is happening here
Old September 29, 2002, 20:07   #41
MrClever
Chieftain

No. Looks like everyone else bailed...
Old September 29, 2002, 22:16   #42
rb103
Settler

Local Time: 07:55
Old October 4, 2002, 03:50   #43
Kirov
Prince

I apologize for my weekly absence. I hope you didn't get pissed to much. I'd like to assure I still want to play. Can everyone confirm that he's still in? After that, we should launch the game to avoid ceaseless talking. Each problem would be solved during the game.

Hercules: you didn't make clearly which faction you choose. Also, I think that procedure of playing seems OK, with running order irrelevant, so I will just create a game and inform you about order.

If this game don't appear dead, I'll talk with someone to hold passwords.
Old October 4, 2002, 06:06   #44
Hercules
Deity

I am still here. Hive ok with me. Also check that running order is irrelevant.
Old October 6, 2002, 16:51   #45
Kirov
Prince

c' mon guys, I know you're somewhere there...

Hercules, it seems we have to establish a new game...
Old October 6, 2002, 18:03   #46
MrClever
Chieftain

What the hell goes on here? Is there a game starting or not? And if so, who's playing?
Old October 6, 2002, 19:40   #47
Hercules
Deity

I 'll contact the others via PM. I hope everyone comes back.

Kirov note. Rb103 above wants to play. If the others come back we will have 7 players and this may mean a change to your gameplay.
Old October 6, 2002, 19:58   #48
Kirov
Prince

I've already sent e-mail to all missing players (Maur, Zefir and Thrar).

rb103, could you write your e-mail? Note that if all the players appear, only believers faction will be left to you.
Old October 6, 2002, 20:06   #49
Kirov
Prince

Oh, and to avoid debate about exploits, we shall use the rules from the PBeM official tournament.
Old October 7, 2002, 03:20   #50
Zefir
Settler

I'm ready, I can play.
DSS:0x8E19FF25
Old October 7, 2002, 08:02   #51
Thrar
Warlord

yes, I'm still here and willing to play

iirc we discussed most settings already, so I'm ready to get started.
Old October 8, 2002, 12:28   #52
Kirov
Prince

First turn sent to Mr Clever. rb103 didn't appear, so I removed Believers by simply cancelling the appropriate line in alpha.txt; Dunno whether you should do the same, but I think not.

MrClever, just to be sure, launch the game with and without the proper line cancelled. Don't forget to make a backup.

If anyone has a better idea how to effectively remove Miriam, I can create game once again.

Also, it seems we need to find someone to safeguard passwords; I have asked MariOne, but he didn't answer yet. I'll wait for a while and then ask someone else.
Old October 8, 2002, 17:11   #53
MrClever
Chieftain

I got it. But unfortunately I'm at work, so you'll have to wait for at least 7 hours before I can forward it.
Old October 8, 2002, 18:55   #54
Kirov
Prince

Just wanted to confirm i'm still in.
Old October 8, 2002, 21:16   #55
Hercules
Deity

Ok game has started so I read. Could Kirov post the player faction order. SASk one of the long established Kings like Tau Ceti to hold passwords.
Old October 9, 2002, 04:59   #56
DarthMaur
Settler

Oh, so the game finally started? Nice. When will i have my first turn?
Old October 9, 2002, 09:19   #57
Kirov
Prince

The faction order is as shown in alpha.txt:

1. Gaians: MrClever
2. Hive: Hercules
3. UoP: me
4. Morganites: Zefir
5: Spartans: DarthMaur
6: PK: Thrar
Old October 9, 2002, 17:09   #58
MrClever
Chieftain

I realized I don't have the next guy's email address.
Old October 9, 2002, 18:22   #59
Hercules
Deity

email address
Mr Clever! : my email address is posted twice in this thread
Old October 9, 2002, 18:31   #60
Hercules
Deity

So far in the games I am playing I have either been given a password by a CMD or by the player I'm replacing.
In this game how does it work. On the opening start screen do I make up a password and enter it and it becomes my password for all my factions future turns. Is it that simple. And then we'll decide who will hold all the passwordl in case we need substitutes.