Old September 19, 2002, 02:57   #91
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 08:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
settlers that subsequently get killed...
By whom? We rarely saw any barbs in our game - at least I didn't.

ETB, maq - I could free up some time on Sunday evening (like about GMT 1800 - 2200) - if you want to go along with that. Maq and I need first to test the game tonight though.

To all the other guys - have fun and attack early! (ETB and maq are way too strong already - especially Maq with his slave city NY that probably produces a machinegunner ever turn!)
Good to see the tourny get going after all!
Old September 19, 2002, 03:27   #92
Toni
Call to Power II MultiplayerDiploGamesBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 07:57
Feels great to be in a tourney
We started today with Arsenal and Shadow our game, things for now are goings as planned, we will see how it goes on Monday when we will continue.

Its great to see people starting to have interest in Ctp2, and playing tourneys.
Old September 19, 2002, 04:55   #93
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich

That's an understatement...But yes, I believe my problem is with my router.

I have DSL coming into my home, connecting into my router, and my router supplies the internet connection for all 5 of our computers (yes, my partner is a network administrator).

The problem I think is happening is that the game server wants the same IP address for upload and download on a given computer. I have one IP address (assigned by my ISP provider) and then my router assigns all the computers on the network another IP address....my partner is planning on buying a better router which will (hopefully) solve this problem, but the purchase will not occur for about another month...So I guess that I have to step out of the tournament until my partner and I can resolve this router/IP sharing/quasi-firewall issue.
Just a small thought on this one Wittlich, one of the Internet shops i work for had lots of problems when we first set it up. It turned out to be because we were using the router to automatically assign IP addresses rather than setting each pc up with it's own(static) IP. What was strange about that was that we used exactly the same system in our other shops and never had a problem. I'm not a tech guy, just might be worth a shot to assign the pc's you want to use a static IP????
Like you i usually play over LAN, so i'm interested to see if you can sort this problem - if i get time to try it online i may well face the same problems
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old September 19, 2002, 05:47   #94
dregman
Settler

yo mkalthof and the other dude(oops forgot your name )
can you play on the coming friday evening?

please say something back
Old September 19, 2002, 10:56   #95
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 00:57
Quote:
Originally posted by mapfi

By whom? We rarely saw any barbs in our game - at least I didn't.
Interesting. I basically had barb problems from opening my second goodie hut on. During one battle with the barbs, my entire RL house shook. Never saw that game effect before. Turns out it had nothing to do with the game but was a small earthquake/tremor here in LA (no kidding).

I am also finding, compared to Toni and Shadow, that I am quite the conservative player. My military adventures are usually saved for much later in the game. I may have to reconsider that strategy.

Fun stuff this multiplayer. A couple of small problems and idiosyncrasies here and there, but for the most part smooth sailing. We knocked out close to six hours of playing, which I think is a pretty good start. Hopefully the re-start on Monday will work out. My masterplan is just beginning to unfold.
Old September 19, 2002, 11:04   #96
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
have fun and attack early! (ETB and maq are way too strong already - especially Maq with his slave city NY that probably produces a machinegunner ever turn!)
Not far off, and its fascists

Quote:
ETB, maq - I could free up some time on Sunday evening (like about GMT 1800 - 2200) - if you want to go along with that.
Yep, i can make those hours

Quote:
Fun stuff this multiplayer. A couple of small problems and idiosyncrasies here and there, but for the most part smooth sailing. We knocked out close to six hours of playing, which I think is a pretty good start. Hopefully the re-start on Monday will work out. My masterplan is just beginning to unfold.
Strange that, because i checked in the lobby about an hour after you started and there wasnt anyone there Does that mean you got some resynchs? How many turns did you manage to get done?
Old September 19, 2002, 11:16   #97
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Maquiladora
Strange that, because i checked in the lobby about an hour after you started and there wasnt anyone there Does that mean you got some resynchs? How many turns did you manage to get done?
I can't recall the number of turns, but we started sometime after 6 (local time) and ended at 11:00. We did get bounced on a couple of occassions, but had what I considered pretty smooth restarts (bar the very first).

Actually I meant to say close to five hours, not six.
Old September 19, 2002, 11:17   #98
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

DP
Old September 19, 2002, 11:59   #99
mapfi
Prince

Quote:
by maqNot far off, and its fascists
Beside my claiming the whole American land to be my soil around turn 20, that's one more reason to take it over - liberate it from your oppression (of course not the slaves, let them work hard )
Old September 19, 2002, 14:18   #100
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Child of Thor, Thanks for the insight.

Hopefully I can have my partner look into it this Sunday...
Old September 20, 2002, 13:43   #101
mkalthoff
Chieftain

@dregman: I can play from now on, but the other guy(Turambar) said, he is going out today.
Old September 20, 2002, 15:50   #102
dregman
Settler

well than we'll try sunday alright?
Old September 20, 2002, 18:20   #103
mkalthoff
Chieftain

yes, of course. I am looking forward to it.
Old September 21, 2002, 05:47   #104
mapfi
Prince

So ETB, are you around at all?
I can promise Sun at GMT 1800 but maybe even 2 hours earlier. I´ll post again tomorrow around 1200 GMT, until then keep practicing (you´ll need it)
Old September 21, 2002, 07:38   #105
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

I'm fine for Sunday still .
Old September 21, 2002, 10:00   #106
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 02:57
I probably won't be able to play untill 5-6 EST today. Sorry.
Old September 21, 2002, 14:26   #107
ETB
Warlord

Quote:
So ETB, are you around at all?
I can promise Sun at GMT 1800 but maybe even 2 hours earlier. I´ll post again tomorrow around 1200 GMT, until then keep practicing (you´ll need it)
Yes, I am finally back home. It was a rather busy trip this time, but I still had time on Wednesday to sneak into Apolyton for a few minutes. I’ll look for your post tomorrow morning. I can make 1600 or 1800 GMT/CUT/UT. Shall we meet here or just go into the CtP2 lobby?
Old September 21, 2002, 15:33   #108
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

I can make 1600 and 1800 GMT tomorrow. Ill check the lobby at both times if i dont hear any word on here before then.
Old September 21, 2002, 18:49   #109
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:57
Sorry guys, due to personal issues I haven't been online much last week, and I'm afraid I can't say how much I'll be online this week. Fortunately it looks like you guys are managing fine without me though I'll try to read through this entire thread and see if my interference is needed anywhere.

If you urgently need me for something, it would at least for the next few days or so be best to email or PM me...
Old September 22, 2002, 07:29   #110
mapfi
Prince

Ok, Maq and ETB - I´ll be in the Lobby at GMT 1630 which is minus 4 for ETB, + 1 for Maq and +2 for me IIRC. If you´re not there I´ll check at full hours again. See you then...
Old September 22, 2002, 10:35   #111
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Sorry people but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get online long enough tonight to get any sort of decent game going (only one phoneline in the house ).

I'm going to completely pull out so as not to keep messing people about.
Old September 22, 2002, 11:29   #112
mkalthoff
Chieftain

we need a 3rd player for game5
Old September 22, 2002, 13:13   #113
dregman
Settler

why can't you play ???
i have telephoneline too, and i dont care about other people?
so we need a third player
Old September 22, 2002, 17:27   #114
Maquiladora
Emperor

Okay me ETB and Mapfi just "finished" our game, we decided on the result after many crashes due to (we think) a corrupt save file. After Mapfi took 3 of my cities in 2 turns (one of which i wouldve taken back next turn ) and I took one of ETB's cities, we decided that Mauro won, me (a VERY close) second and ETB third.

I wouldve fought on to the end seeing as it was so close but the crashes became more frequent so i let Mapfi off I blame the result on me being placed inbetween the two, preparing for war on 2 fronts isnt a good idea!

Good game nevertheless
Old September 22, 2002, 17:29   #115
mapfi
Prince

Trying to talk yourself out, huh?
Just some note for the Win XP owners playing here. Turn the built-in firewall off... (wasn't the only cause though)
Old September 22, 2002, 19:11   #116
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:57
Good to hear the game finished Not so good to hear about the way it finished though But congrats to Mauro

dregman & mkalthoff:
I heard from dregman by email that you found a third player but I don't know who yet - kind of useful for me to know. You guys also still have Repistes in your game (if he's still game), don't forget that
Old September 22, 2002, 19:13   #117
Shadow
Warlord

Local Time: 17:57
Well it's Monday, so to my game budies I'll let you know I'm only good for about 2 hours or so Max.
Now the fat lady's singin'...
Old September 22, 2002, 19:22   #118
mapfi
Prince

I sent Locutus the savegame since I think I got the latest one - I saved when Maq crashed for the last time. So he's got it for the records now...
Looking forward to the next round. Locutus and the others, any thoughts on my and Maq's remarks many posts earlier about what might be good to change int the setup?
Old September 22, 2002, 19:32   #119
ETB
Warlord

Quote:
Trying to talk yourself out, huh?
Just some note for the Win XP owners playing here. Turn the built-in firewall off... (wasn't the only cause though)
Windows XP and 2K appear to cause headaches for MP. Maquiladora had no problem connecting to a game started by mapfi or me, but mapfi could not connect to a game that I started and visa versa. That’s how Maquiladora became the host – he was the only one that we could both connect to and play. Turning off the firewall helped, but our game still crashed after that and mapfi and I still could not connect in a game that he started as host. I would like to know if anyone has any suggestions because I do not have CtP2 on a computer with windows 98 or 95 on it!

It was a fun game – and stable until we tried to attack each other. I have a lot of new ideas that I want to try in my next MP game!
Old September 22, 2002, 19:38   #120
Maquiladora
Emperor

Quote:
I sent Locutus the savegame since I think I got the latest one - I saved when Maq crashed for the last time. So he's got it for the records now...
Looking forward to the next round. Locutus and the others, any thoughts on my and Maq's remarks many posts earlier about what might be good to change int the setup?
Do you mean the setup with the colours? In which case id suggest you change the colours on your own setup to brighter colours, except staying with the general colour so it doesnt get confusing in game with other players. Like that brown is hard to read anywhere, so just notch it up slightly.