Old September 13, 2002, 23:26   #1
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 02:57
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Time Warp timeline for BAC - just ideas
Okay, disclaimer. sure no proper vote as been yet on what would become of me and BAC, but doesn't stop me from writing this... i need too anyway, as BAC ideas been causing some day dreams in the past couple of days, and i can't day dream on the job where focus is really required.

I have some of the major stuff in the Discussion thread 6 by simply searching for my name, wondering what was said of me before...curious on how the anger built up came from. anyway, i also read some of the ideas going back and forth. sorry for ditching BAC and the TA, which i don't want anymore...as my past ideas for them conflicts with everyone and would limit the Solarian factions. also ideas were discussed wether on having a timewarp or not.... so, my ideas will be stated in the form of a timeline from 2702 to 3000...and the time warp doesn't need to go that far. oh, and i took the plan to eliminate TA into consideration as well....which i am more up for it then i did 3-4 months ago.

remember, they just ideas and anyone from BAC and those who are interested to join the multi-story can join this think tank thread...by adding/edit/remove/compromise the timeline to the way they see it. another thing, will base the timeline on what the bac authors want and the impressions and asumption of what they are going...... if i screw up on something, come fix it pretty general anyway, no major detail.....which i would think it will be IF the BAC people agrees into using the Time Warp timeline.......

another note, this idea was inspired by the Battletech: Dark Age...

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2002, 01:02   #2
Mellian
Queen

2698 - a Peacekeeper exploration ship was attacked and captured near Proginator space by some mysterious ship. PKs assume the ship was simply destroyed by the Proginators or the Bree.

2702 - reports are coming in of mysterious lone ships with advance stealth technologies appearing in Peacekeeper, Spartan, Hive, Free Drone and Protectorate systems at the edge of their territories facing Proginator space. SPartans accuses the Hive and warns them.

- Peace Conference continues while EC continues their secret plans, a internal thing i think (i don't know the details, so can't really say much about it...will assume thought later in the timeline)

- tensions continue to rise between the spartans and hive...which gradually growing into a Sol/Univ/HIve vs Morgan/Spartan/Drone alliances.... as Univ start negociating with Sol for peace treaty and trade/research treaties (TA in general at that this point)

- the mysterious ships (Lonestar's Hferhin, the Usurpers b**ches you can say)starts appearing deeper into human space.

- one Hferhin ship appeared in the Firaxis system where the Peace Conference is happening. some Firaxian patrols detected the ship near the edge of the system and moved towards it. they get attacked by the Hferhin and are destroyed. Since the ship was mysterious and for some reason wasn't detectable by system wide sensors...only short range..., they couldn't be identified. some EC ships that are there helping with the security of the Peace conference moved towards the area, but by the time they got there, the mysterious ship dissapeared. was around this time some Hive spy ships entered the system near that area... when the Spartan ships got into the area, they detected the hive and the Firaxian debree...and started accusing the Hive, as well as the Terrans. by the time the Morgan and some more Firaxian ships got into the area, Spartans, hive and EC started shooting at each other.... mainly Spartan (who shot first, but no proof) vs Hive and EC anyway, no one knew what happened to cause that fire fight, but surely brought the system into chaos. ships belonging to various factions who are intending the peace conference started firing at each other, while sending marines and so on to retrieve/rescue the reps on the planet, causing minor ground skirmishs in and around the city the conference is located. quite a diplomatic disaster....

- war is not declared, but it sure getting close. Univ gives support to the terrans after the recent treaties with each other and because the Hive is interested to help them out as well. TA is forced to ally to Hive, who is against the Spartans who is threatening the terrans. ....the major alliances needs to be worked out before really being alliances.

- internal EC maneuverings by the military and so on to turn the Coalition into a police state, or close proximation of it, succeeds... causing problems with the TAF

- Hferfin ships started to appear in core systems... the one that entered Sol got eliminated by a TAF Battlecruiser squadron, with the unwanted help of some EC ships... causing problems. same for some Hferhin ships elsewhere, but most survived....the most interesting one was the one that appeared in Alpha Centauri.... was detected by some Peacekeeper ships who move towards them, getting attacked in the process.... the mysterious ship simply stopped attacking and started moving towards Chiron.... once near the world, they got destroyed by Pk/Pirate ships and orbital defences..... but not before sending off a FTL Communication....which was in the proginator resonance language.... afterwards, the appearences of the Hferhin stopped....despite the non-intentional troubles they caused in human space.

- despite acquiring the proof that it was the Hferhin that appeared in the Firaxis system, the damage was done and the alliances build up continues (TA is falling back, as they are not really interested to get into big war...yet EC pushes to help the Hive and Univ agains Sparts/Morgan/Drones.

2703 - while the cold war between the two major alliances begins, both figuring out what to do... a political show down is happening between the TAF and EC... just needs a spark...

-...which comes later in the year when EC surprisingly declares resigning (or declares that TA is disbanded) from the TA followed by surprise attacks by EC troops against the TA buildings in Europe and TAF Command in north America....killing some TA reps while most are captured. the Secretary-General is assinated (was that tremaine? i forgot.... probably mixing things up) or simply the new one who quickly replaced the killed one....... unless it was a Earther who was a puppet of EC. EC ships also done a series of surprise attacks against the TAF within Sol, like the TAF ship yards around mars, the TAF outpost on mercury, stations and ships around the gas giants, the TAF forces on and around the ex-InEn moon (forgot name).... causing quite a blow to the TAF. rest of members not sure what to do.

-Civil War begins among the terrans, TAF vs EC. major battles mainly happening between the TAF and EC fleets in Sol, Ross and Wolf 359... while Mars, Venus, Saturn Kingdom and the Scions are not directorally involved. Hive started suopporting and later directly helping against the TAF. Kerensky the SPartans and others to help... the Spartans reluctly agree, but any help came too late... TAF is loosing ground in Sol, and ended up removing some elements from the recently taken systems...leaving mostly the Marsian, Venus and Scion ships to defend them... TAF ships regrouped around Pluto, the TAFs real Command, along with reinforcements from the other systems. EC waits, needing to regroup as well and waiting for a Hive fleet to help out. once they finally attacked, the Battle of Pluto became the bloodiest battle, as well as the longest, in Sol history...possibly in human history. for the most part, it was a battle of attrition....where EC and Hive weren't making a lot of progress...until University was finally convinced to help out. was then that the TAF started to loose the battle, and where Kerensky decided to completly withdraw from Sol to Ross/Wolf systems.... so started evacuating Pluto and destroying the various TAF facilities, especially the Research centers and Biometal refineries. some scions chose to go with the TAF to Ross and Wol, but most went back to the Dark Planet. in one big move, the TAF left sol.... loosing the Civil War.

(okay, going to bed now.......will continue this later when i have the time. what do you think so far?)

-Mellian
Old September 14, 2002, 01:13   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
Quote:
Secretary-General is assinated (was that tremaine? i forgot.... probably mixing things up)
Tremaine was the EC president. Drecaille had him assassinated a little while ago.

Just a general comment, I personally would appreciate it if we kept the involvment of the aliens to a minumum. Besides, if you want to start a 'cold war' between the Spartans and the Hive, there's no need to involve the Hferfin - the Cadre civil war should provide ample opportunity.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; September 14, 2002 at 02:14.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14, 2002, 08:39   #4
Mellian
Queen

Hferhin is the minimum. they are just exploring, searching for something...... which is simply a prelude to the coming of Proginators, which one come for sometime still.... and mainly a timewarp thing....

besides, there must be a reason why the TA/EC would go against the MOrganites and SPartans again.... so peace conference fails disasterally. because a mysterious ship orginally thought to be Hive appeared, attacked some firaxian patrols moving towards it and left.... and also furthers the cold war, which probably or not lead to major war.

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; September 14, 2002 at 08:44.
Old September 15, 2002, 10:36   #5
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 01:57
Errr...Mellian, I thought we'd all agreed that there was to be no timewarp. Also, if you want to do in the Terran Alliance as well, what would be the point of one?

As a note, I have a plan that might well throw the proverbial monkey wrench into the whole Peace Conference...a shocking announcement by Morgan on a certain piece of information given to him from Earth Coalition Headquarters, by a spy, at about the time of the Corporate Sector Campaigns...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15, 2002, 14:59   #6
Mellian
Queen

if ruination of the Peace COnference is already planned out, okay

as for the timewarp thing, didn't read the whole thread to really find out about the final decision on it... but nothing wrong to write a timewarp timeline which may not ever used....... just throwing ideas around.

it is possible for Earth Coalition to wipe out the Terran Alliance government and some various least defended or simply most vulnerable holdings in Sol in one fell swoop... which can be done whenever Kass feels like it.... but can't expect the TAF to collapse with TA, as it is a seperate entity working for TA.

-Mellian
Old September 16, 2002, 02:56   #7
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 18:57
Who is the TAF actually loyal to? The TA? It's members? It's leader?

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; September 16, 2002 at 03:17.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2002, 09:48   #8
Mellian
Queen

Loyal to TA... and most members... but the TAF doesn't need TA to survive, as they are self-sulficient and have good relations with most of the per member basis....except with EC obviously

-Mellian