Old September 14, 2002, 23:02   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 03:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The State of Nation: 170 AD
This report is intended to advise and analyze trends in Apolytonia over time. These stats are the result of analysis of five saved games, 2590 BC, 1400 BC, 430 BC, 350 BC, 210 BC, 30 BC, and 170 AD (current).

SUMMARY:

*The population of Apolytonia has swelled from 1,017,000 citizens in 30 BC to 1,378,000 citizens in 170 AD, a strong growth of 35.5% yet still one of the less fertile time in our nation's considerable history.
*100,000 volunteers, and 180,000 slaves now works the fields, roads, and mines of Apolytonia. The percentage of slave labor has risen even higher: 64% of the workforce is comprised of slaves: 70,000 Persian, 10,000 Germanic, 40,000 American, 20,000 Babylonian, 10,000 Roman, 10,000 Greek and 30,000 of French descent. If you were to count these workers as Apolytonian citizens, the population would rise by 20.3%!
*Apolyton is the nation's largest city with 212,000 citizens, making it the largest ever in Apolytonian history yet one of the smallest capitals in the world.
*Here It Is has proven to be the fastest growing in all of Apolytonia, blooming an astounding 133% over the last term from 30,000 to 70,000.
*Apolyton brings in the most income, with 13 Lytons per turn, whilst Loveshack brings in the most income per capita, .111 lytons per thousand people.
*Apolyton produces the most shields, 9 per turn, while the new Uber Island outpost Another Glorious City and Termina both produce the most per capita, at .071 shield per thousand people. Another Glorious City is promising to be a leading Apolytonian city.
*The state of scientific output is perplexing; corruption eats away at almost all of the scientific communities. Only five cities produce output, each city with one. It is worthwhile to note that, for the first time in history, the intelligencia have moved outside of Mingapulco province. Congratulations are due to Gaia and Geofront for being the frontrunners in taking science outside this hegemonist province.
*The alarming influx of foreign blood in the past two centuries has lost momentum, to the continued relief of the A.R.E. There are now only 26,000 people of American descent in the land, or 1.9% of the total population. This is solely from 26,000 in Gaia, the last American-Apolytonian bastion. That number has fallen from the previous 42,000 and 4.1% of national population. Expect an rejuvenation of American blood if the War Hawks have their way and capture the rest of America. There are 75,000 people of French decent, a loss of 6.3%, as the have become more of a minority, down to 5.4% of the total population. There is a new addition to Apolytonian diversity, as 30,000 Persians now fall under Apolytonian administration, in the city of Tyre; this leads to a minority of 2.2%. This is a combined foreign population of 9.5%, down from 11.0%. Actual numbers of foreigners are up 17.0% (Half that of the national growth of 35.5%!).
*The treasury continues it's unbroken streak of increasing per turn gains in Lytons.

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating has risen to an astounding height never before seen in the world, as people take to the streets in festivities. 82% of the nation now approves of the administration!
-The remainder of Apolytonia's demographics mostly speak of bad news. Leadng this bad news is fall in literacy from 8th place in the world to a pathetic 12th.
-The disease, although still the worst in the world, has fallen 2% to 32%.
-The most alarming trend is the continued drop in average military service to 7 from 9 years. This trend has come to the point that we are now the 15th least mobilized nation in the world.
-The average family size has fallen from 6th in the world to 11th, supporting the beliefs that Apolyton is grossly underpopulated for it's size.
-The one bright spot in the demographics, being cited by the DIA and the Economy Ministry, is the amazing increase in the per capita wages of Apolyton, up to 4 per capita, good for first in the land from 5th last terms!

Current Regional Comparisons:
•Mingapulco Province(currently Apolyton, Termina, Tassagard, Banana HQ, Port Rouge):
561,000; 5.0% foreign; 40.7% of national population (a sharp fall since last term, and the first time ever in history that Mingapulco is not a majority, as predicted by the last edition of the statistics). 29 Lytons income (a net loss); 24 shields output; 3 science output (a decline).
•Principality of Piña Colada (currently Timeline, Gaia, Del Monte, Chiquita):
295,000; 8.8% foreign (a tremendous drop); 21.4% of national population (fair rise). 14 Lytons income; 12 shields output; 1 science output (a first).
•El Niño Province (currently Loveshack, Seeberg, Ubergorsk, Geofront, Napoleton, Tyre):
274,000; 10.9% foreign; 19.9% of national population (a small rise). 16 Lytons income; 9 shields output; 1 science output (a first).
•Île de Rose (currently Here It Is, Macross City, Jerusalem, Cherbourg):
206,000 (more than doubled!); 36.4& foreign (a small rise); 14.9% of national population (a fair rise). 12 Lytons income; 9 shields outpout (a huge rise); 0 science output.
•Uber Island (currently Another Glorious City):
42,000 (huge rise); 0% foreign; 3.0% of of national population. 4 Lyton income (400% increase!); 3 shield output; 0 science output.
Analysis: Mingapulco's hegemony continues to be contested, as it finally is not the majority in population and above all is not the sole scientific center. Île de Rose province is firmly off it's feet and shows prospects for greatness, as does Uber Island, but it is Piña Colada and El Niño provinces who are finally coming into their own.

Foreign Comparisons:
*note: these stats are estimates based off of averages and cannot be made any more accurate by way of current knowledge of the country (and without cheating) thus all numbers are approximate*
~France = 305,000 or 0.22 times the size of Apolytonia (29.3% increase)
~Greece = 1,440,000 or 1.04 times the size of Apolytonia (13.1% increase)
~Aztec = 1,370,000 or 0.99 times the size of Apolytonia (21.3% increase)
~Persia = 1,895,000 or 1.36 times the size of Apolytonia (60.2% increase)
~England = 1,620,000 or 1.18 times the size of Apolytonia (24.7% increase)
~America = 280,000 or 0.20 times the size of Apolytonia (20.0% increase)
~Germany = 1,740,000 or 1.26 times the size of Apolytonia (21.3% increase)
~Russia = 990,000 or 0.72 times the size of Apolytonia (-0.7% increase)
~Babylon = 460,000 or 0.33 times the size of Apolytonia (40.6% increase)
~Rome = 1,650,000 or 1.20 times the size of Apolytonia (32.3% increase)
~Iroquois = 435,000 or 0.32 times the size of Apolytonia (34.3% increase)
Analysis: Population of the known world rose to 13,563,000, a growth rate of 26.6%. Numbers on the remaining 3 civilizations are unavailable, but we can conclude (based upon Apolytonia's world ranking of 8th in population) that there is 1 as-yet-unknown civ's whose population is larger.

Population Density:
*due to currently unavailable estimates of foreign nations' land area, density is based on average city size.
^Apolytonia = 68,900 per city
^France = 33,900 per city
^Greece = 90,000 per city
^Aztec = 105,400 per city
^Persia = 157,900 per city
^England = 124,600 per city
^America = 56,000 per city
^Germany = 158,200 per city
^Russia = 90,000 per city
^Babylon = 92,000 per city
^Rome = 110,000 per city
^Iroquois = 48,300 per city
Analysis: It is the opinion of this department that this statistical display is the poorest performance of Apolytonia, all things considered. Even weak nations such as Babylon surpass our city size; Apolyton is the laughing stock of every other national capital (save the vanquished French and Americans). If our nations truly wishes to be a great power, something must be done to make our cities a respectable size.

Military Stats:
*note:military stats are for the purpose of comparisons only, and are not absolute indications of strength; they are however adjusted to consider strength of units (to account for, example, that fact that 10 musketmen are better than 10 spearmen).*
+Total offensive power in 210 BC is 59(2 naval); defensive is 64(2 naval); mobility is 46(6 naval)
+ Total offensive power in 30 BC is 64(2 naval); defensive is 67(2 naval); mobility is 47(6 naval)
+Total offensive power in 170 AD is 72(2 naval); defensive is 75(2 naval); mobility is 51(6 naval)
+Offensive power has grown a fair 12.5%.
+Defensive power has grown 11.9% (and will rise as pikemen are implemented).
+Mobility has grown 8.5% (due to new war chariots).
+The number of total units has risen to 40.

MAJOR POWERS: (any nation with 15% more points than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Greece, 32.0% above mean
*note: no other Abananaba powers make the cut. However Apolytonia makes leaps and bounds, rising from 6th to 5th and fast closing in on Major Power status! PREDICTION: Next term will see our mighty nation surpass England in the rankings.*

MAJOR GROWERS: (any nation with 2% more growth than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Apolyton, 7.2% above mean
*note: As some of the more observant may have noticed, the last 200 years have shown strikingly less growth than any of the previous terms. It holds true here, as Apolyton is the only nation to qualify as a major grower! But even so it's growth is LESS THAN HALF that of the two previous terms! It is a mystery as to why the entire world has had a fairly last two centuries.

Overall Suggestions to Ministers:
1. The department decides this term to stress two things: the low density of our nation and the falling military service. In short, we feel it is high past time to cease these destructive wars and consolidate our gains for at least two terms. A large economic base is now established and will allow us to secure our position as a world leader, if only we take the time to firm our grip and develop internalls.
2. As for provinces, Mingapulco's plight from the majority is a good thing. Within a couple of terms the other provinces will be large enough to stand as self sufficient contributing components of our nation, and development will focus on Uber Island.
3. The science output is ATROCIOUS. Something must be done. But the developments in Gaia and Geofront are to be lauded.

note: no chart will be posted this week; in it's place will be a map of population density, to be posted ASAP.

If you wish for any further or statistics, or have any questions, contact Reddawg.
Old September 14, 2002, 23:30   #2
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:00
How fast!!!
Old September 14, 2002, 23:39   #3
Apocalypse
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMMacInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

That Geofront is a Science center is very pleasing to me.
"In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd
Old September 15, 2002, 00:40   #4
Reddawg
Prince

Fast? yeah, lol, I got the .sav like 10 minutes after it was posted and went to work immediately... fast.
i'll have the map up very soon.

Apoc, yes! I'm actually excited that Geofront and Gaia have stepped up to the plate; I used to be worried that Mingapulco was going to be the only province with any real power for the next millenium, but now I think differently.
Old September 15, 2002, 01:03   #5
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Another interesting point is the urgent necessity to stop after the Persian war. We really need to grow. Without people, we can't develop anything, and soon we will be backward, even in military terms. A complete disaster.

Edit:
Again, great job, Reddawg! Send me the map in the usual way.
Old September 15, 2002, 02:25   #6
Reddawg
Prince

Here is a preview of the map; it contains solely Apolytonia's data, but the full world map will be out soon. The city centers are left showing above the data to indicate centers of population; also, the final world map version will feature a scale to indicate the density.
PLEASE give me your opinions!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	170adpopdenseapolysmall.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	121.1 KB
ID:	24411  
Old September 15, 2002, 02:52   #7
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Great, Reddawg. In a glance, I could identify our populace concentration. I mean, the map works perfectly! And is more elegant. I appreciate this combination, functionality and aesthetic.
Old September 15, 2002, 11:13   #8
Reddawg
Prince

Aro later on today I'll email you the large version of the above map, as well as the large (quite large...) map of the entire continent! its exciting haha.
Old September 15, 2002, 11:29   #9
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 04:00
Reddawg, i look forward to these just as much as i do the Jungle Gazette. thanks for your hard work!
Old September 15, 2002, 13:11   #10
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:00
The map with the population density shown is awesome!!
Keep it up!
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 15, 2002, 14:31   #11
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 02:00
We have severe disadvantages when it comes to population and wealth. While our monarchy allows for the same amount of food as the republic, the increased wealth of the Republic allows for a more steady growth- right now we could not afford to have size 8 cities without large garrisons. Until we begin to construct the necessary infrastructure, we can't afford a large population explosion. I think we also have to admit that our homeland has been an enemy of population growth- the jungle is terrible for a large pop. That other provinces are catching up must be seen as a result of either gaining more suitable ground, or of the active public works campaign.

I msut agree that only and end to warfare and a shift in resources to infrastructure will allow us to improve the domestic situation in our empire and allow for great population growth.

Overall great work Reddawg, especially for the map (Maps and visual aids GOOD! )
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old September 15, 2002, 14:33   #12
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:00
oh yes i have read this one two times already and forgot to say GREAT WORK
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 15, 2002, 20:43   #13
Reddawg
Prince

map coming soon, sorry for the delay... too much to do in too little time.
Old September 15, 2002, 23:12   #14
Reddawg
Prince

It's finally here, after about 5 hours of work! I bring to you the 170 AD Population Density Map of the Entire World!

Aro contact me about uploading larger versions, this is about 1/6 the largest size available.

Tell me what you all think!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	170admapsmall.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	24486  
Old September 15, 2002, 23:23   #15
nz_upy
Warlord

Local Time: 08:00
You Da Man Reddawg!!!!
Great Job
Old September 16, 2002, 01:15   #16
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Wow! It's an amazing job, Reddawg!
Btw, I posted a PM to you. Send the map to the same address.
Old September 16, 2002, 07:52   #17
Reddawg
Prince

Here is a belated explanation of the map and some things that may or may not be self evident:
1. The plain gray areas on the map are those uninhabited by any nationals whatsoever (outside borders).
2. Each nation has grayscale applied to within their borders and then their national colors applied on top.
3. Some small cities are in fact denser due to large amounts of their territory being in the sea. This led to some interesting areas of density.
4. Other areas' density is determind by the type of land: every city's immediately adjacent squares are including in the density, plus selected choice land spots. Ex: City A's radius is counted, plus three squares of grassland SW of it that hold a wheat and a grape as well.
5. The overrall densest area is the far east coast of Abananaba major, under Persian and English control.
6. The overrall least dense area is northwest coast of Abananba major, under sporadic Greek and Persian control.
Old September 16, 2002, 09:04   #18
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Reddawg, your fantastic Population Density Map is in my site .
Great job, man!
Old September 16, 2002, 11:29   #19
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

these maps show our weakpoints , we should start to do something about it , ........

have a nice day
Old September 16, 2002, 13:37   #20
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by panag
hi ,

these maps show our weakpoints , we should start to do something about it , ........

have a nice day
It's right. Is too easy see where we need to grow. It's an urgent matter.
Btw, Panag, the Tactical Map is already done. Look at the links in my sign.
Old September 16, 2002, 15:36   #21
Reddawg
Prince

Something else the map points out is the density of what I like to call "inner persia" (as well as "inner england") if the SMC pushes into this inner core, we're going to have a large population boost.
Old September 16, 2002, 20:51   #22
Reddawg
Prince

No one has really discussed this but I thought it was a novel little idea or realization or whatever... the fact that port cities are going to be much, much more dense because their populations are concentrated on the land. It's a fact not acknowledged in the game but when you delve into the facts of it, and throw in a little role-play, well it's really striking.

I've finally formalized a format and schedule for the stats. A stat issue will be posted every two turnchats/threads and from now on will be in the same thread each time which I will just edit. A population density map will be issued every other stat package, i.e. every four turnchats/threads, in a separate post called an addendum. This will go into effect on Saturday after the turnchat but a map will not be out until the following Saturday (sorry but they take too long, about 4 hours).
Old September 17, 2002, 07:23   #23
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aro

It's right. Is too easy see where we need to grow. It's an urgent matter.
Btw, Panag, the Tactical Map is already done. Look at the links in my sign.
hi ,

thanks

Reddawg , indeed we should go for it , ......

we have here now a tool that shows what we have to do , all we should do now is put our heads together and do something about the problems we have , ......

have a nice day