Old September 15, 2002, 20:14   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:02
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Increasing a COT's Money
Just wondering, how is this done?
By continually sending traders to a COT?

Thanks in advance for any advice
Old September 16, 2002, 10:49   #2
Colon™
Emperor

Local Time: 10:02
What exactly do you mean? Increasing the COT's total trade or just your share of it?
Colon™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19, 2002, 11:00   #3
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Increasing it's total trade.
Old September 19, 2002, 11:10   #4
Colon™
Emperor

Depends on the trade revenues in the provinces the COT covers, which in turn depends on the price level of the good it produces. (and maybe the size of production as well? Not sure) I'm not sure whether your own trade level affects total trade your COT as well, but it could be. (the higher the level, the more provinces your COT will cover)

Hope that is of any help.
DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.
Old September 19, 2002, 21:26   #5
DarkCloud
staff

Trade revenues- might make sense, but it wouldn't account for Madrid's COT decreasing from 500gp to 200gp after it banned 4 nations (including mine) from its COT?

And why would the Mughal Empire have 1500 gold in their COT? I suppose it's due to population as you said...
Old September 20, 2002, 19:35   #6
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:02
Most of Madrid's (Sevilla's?) value comes from the Americas. Whenever a COT opens in the Americas, the value of Madrid's COT drops.
Old September 20, 2002, 19:36   #7
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:02
I know that if the proviences served by the center of trade become more developed then the amount of trade in the COT increases. That's not much help I know but it might help alittle.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Oerdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22, 2002, 09:23   #8
Colon™
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud And why would the Mughal Empire have 1500 gold in their COT? I suppose it's due to population as you said...
I'd rather think that's because the provinces it covers are full to the brim with spices and chinaware.

I'm pretty sure the provinces trade revenues make up most of the COT's revenues.
I think I once read that the presence of a merchant also brings in some gold but I wouldn't know how much.
Old September 23, 2002, 06:56   #9
August Borms
Prince

Local Time: 09:02
Anybody know if it is possible to increase the number of provinces covered by your COT's? (I think I read somewhere it had something to do with the Free Trade/Mercantilism DP setting)
August Borms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2002, 11:38   #10
RobRoy
Warlord

Religion seems to influence it. Astrakam under an Orthodox Russia controls more trade than under an Sunni Khanate. Similarly, my CoTs seem to control more trade if I switch from Catholic to Reformed.

I'm not convinced the mercantilism slider has a significant effect on the amount of trade controlled. One problem with comparisons, though, is that the effect of a change is not reflected right away (unless you reload, it seems).

I do believe, however, that the mercantilsm slider, positioned at max free trade, influences you chances of getting a new CoT in one of your colonies.
RobRoy is offline   Reply With Quote