Old October 26, 2002, 04:04   #271
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ah, I see.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2002, 04:17   #272
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Go Kass-kick some a**!

Anyways, for BAC stuff, I'm working on a new post dealing with the Drone's as well as the Spartans. Since Sovereign (hiya doin?) is out for a coupla weeks, I can't touch up on UCS-GHE relations.

Also working on a "Nemesis II" post concerning the Drone's and Gaians. I'm also thinking about a long-post idea dealing with a Hive propaganda-ist and the rest of the factions. Would be pretty big tho...Mr. Prez gave me some feedback. If you guys can, tell me what you think.

("Nemesis" would be pretty gory, like borderline-cannot-post gory.)
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 26, 2002, 16:16   #273
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Quote:
Suspension of Disbelief. I think.
Right on. Anyways, I won't worry myself too much with realism. I will play with two major alternate realities ( ) added with a constant flashback dimension, which will already consume most effort. Besides, this won't be a story about Finand, science, the Enigmas or Armageddon... but a story about the human mind, the main characters and religion.

Quote:
("Nemesis" would be pretty gory, like borderline-cannot-post gory.)
I wonder if it's cultural or just my inner twistedness, but I didn't consider Nemesis gory by a mile. It was human, but in no way extensively violent.

*scampers off to write Greg and Filkins *
Old October 26, 2002, 20:07   #274
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

http://halcyon155.friendtest.com/
Old October 26, 2002, 23:52   #275
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05

I got 77%, which surprised me since we've never been within 7,000 miles of each other.

Edit: I hope no-one noticed that my new American flag only has 48 stars on it. But it looks so neat . . .
Old October 26, 2002, 23:54   #276
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

81%, apparently.
Old October 27, 2002, 17:08   #277
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Kass-Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

83% Baby!!! Raise the roof, raise the roof!

Sprayber-That map looks kinda familiar...*shifty eyes* Have I seen it somewhere before?
Old October 27, 2002, 17:18   #278
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I find the fact that you are getting almost better scores then my girlfriend very disturbing.
Old October 27, 2002, 18:43   #279
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
Kass-Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!!!

83% Baby!!! Raise the roof, raise the roof!

Sprayber-That map looks kinda familiar...*shifty eyes* Have I seen it somewhere before?
Considering it was generated by the program with some modification by me. Have you been inside my head again? I told you once that the other voices dont like that.

The program is Fractural Terrains. I downloaded the demo
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2002, 19:37   #280
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Rok! New post. Since HG remains absent, I shall carry on indefinitely with my G & F storyline. I've already got some twisted ideas, I think I could use this as a testing ground for my novel.
Old October 27, 2002, 19:48   #281
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hm. For some reason I felt good writing that. And reading it, I actually like it. I rarely like my stuff immediately after writing it. Guess I should be off to bed then.

And yes, she's the gal in my avatar. She's a blatant ripoff from Neon Genesis Evangelion, all the way to the name... but considering we've had Final Fantasy X, Battlezone and whatnot involved, I hardly think it's against the universe and environment of the fic.
Old October 27, 2002, 20:21   #282
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

I haven't (consciously) plagiarized anything yet, mostly because I haven't read or seen anything worth plagiarizing recently. The last good movie I saw was X-Men and the last decent science fiction I read was I, Robot.

But wait, I hear you saying. Didn't you read that book more than five years ago?

Yes, I reply. It just goes to show what a sorry state commercial science fiction is in. We used to get Dune and The Caves of Steel. Now we get Hyperion and Prelude to Foundation.
Old October 27, 2002, 20:30   #283
Mr. President
Emperor

A quick search suggests that History Guy is hooked on Civilization III.
Old October 28, 2002, 01:50   #284
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
I find the fact that you are getting almost better scores then my girlfriend very disturbing.
Old October 28, 2002, 10:35   #285
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Oh well. I've known you guys almost half the time longer then her (12 months / 8 months) , so I guess it's self explanatory. But it's still disturbing.

Quote:
A quick search suggests that History Guy is hooked on Civilization III.
Poor man has lost his soul...

http://www.viax.cl/index_interruptor_1.htm - Anyone speak Spanish here? My basic Latin isn't enough it seems.

Quote:
Now we get Hyperion and Prelude to Foundation.
The additional Foundation books were rather... sucky, I agree. Haven't read Hyperion yet, though you are the first one to have a negative opinion on it.
I haven't read new scifi for years now, the last one I read was Timeline by Crichton. I've concentrated on catching up with the classics, like Orwell, Dick, Clarke...

Have any of you read Jeff Long? I've heard of two of his books, interesting stuff.
Old October 28, 2002, 20:24   #286
Mr. President
Emperor

I must admit I'm not familiar with the works of Jeff Long, but perhaps I should take a look.

Quote:
Haven't read Hyperion yet, though you are the first one to have a negative opinion on it.
That's my experience too. It seems to be very, very popular.

About the link, all I saw was a really gross picture of an alien, and then the page killed my computer. Sorry.

Speaking of losing souls to new games, I'm thinking of getting an old one, namely Call to Power II. Have you, or anyone else reading this, played it? If so, what was your impression of it? (I'm also going to look for SimCity 2000 since the 3000 edition hasn't worked on my computer since I got the sound card replaced. But I know that's going to be good. )
Old October 28, 2002, 22:56   #287
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:05
Oh crumbs. I apologize for not posting yet, but alot has happened recently, for better or worse. Terribly sorry about all this, I do hope to get something productive done, and get all this rather nasty stuff behind me. Ah, I hate random events...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2002, 04:43   #288
Frankychan
King

nah, its all good History Guy!

The forums has been really quiet as of late.

*shifty eyes*

I haven't seen any postings in a looooong time from other people. Hydro, Bearcat...anyone.

I think we're the only permanent denizens of this area.
Old October 29, 2002, 13:11   #289
Kassiopeia
Emperor

We all hate random events, I sometimes wish I could've decide to turn them off before I was born... oh well. Bugger that.

CtP2? Got that on loan from a friend once. It was decent enough, far better then Civ3 in any case. Didn't even try out the modpacks out there, Poly has a ton of them. If you can get it for a decent price, go ahead. I liked the futuristic parts, to my annoyance the Civ games always lacked that part (hence my affection to SMAC).

What comes to the silence of this forum, I guess it's because the game is turning so old. But I'm very proud to be a part of BAC; in a bit over one month, it's been running for a full year. Not many MASTs reach those figures, I'd say.
Old October 29, 2002, 18:40   #290
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Finally! Well, I wish I could have done more in the limited time available...I do want to have more time to get the Daisy thing, the mob plot, and the Free Capella thing fitted together with the Novans...and I want to add to the Peacekeeper plot. Hope you like this little bit which I cranked out in a half hour in order to let the more industrious Kassiopeia start with our DRAMATIC plot...
Old October 30, 2002, 03:02   #291
Mr. President
Emperor

Nice one, History Guy. I hope Imran would appreciate what you've used his name for.

The latest post, in fact, inspired me to toss together my most recent contribution, which offers a brief glimpse into the shadowy underbelly of the Drone military's hunt for Nautilus Pirates.
Old October 30, 2002, 12:24   #292
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Excellent! Now I can take a breather from G, F and R, and hone my skills of DRAMATIC writing.
Old October 30, 2002, 21:50   #293
History Guy
King

Yeah, he does. He's informed me in the past that he likes the stuff!
Old October 31, 2002, 09:48   #294
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hm. CivGroups. ( apolyton.net/forums/civgroups.php )What about a BAC Group?
Old October 31, 2002, 11:42   #295
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 08:05
Howdy

I do have to say that the "A" I got on my History of Philosophy is confirmed!!

Anyway its nice to see some new posts in the story thread. Anyway just checking in.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2002, 02:30   #296
Mr. President
Emperor

Does Imran visit this forum? Does Imran read BAC? He should post!

Quote:
I do have to say that the "A" I got on my History of Philosophy is confirmed!!
Way to go Silence! Ole!

I had a math exam yesterday, but I seriously doubt I got an A.

BAC group . . . hmm. It's apparently mainly for Democracy Games and related michigas, but it'd be worth asking nicely.
Old November 1, 2002, 03:39   #297
Frankychan
King

Booyah Baby! Good work Silence!
I just had a criminology midterm today and I think I bombed it.

I wouldn't mind having a BAC group, but I think it'd probably be really small....

I'm glad BAC is picking up again as well!

Well, just making sure you guys are behaving.....I haven't been able to come online for an extended period cause of that criminology test, but you guy's will probably see more of me now....usually hanging in the OT where I can do quick postings but now I'll be EVERYWHERE! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!
Old November 1, 2002, 10:03   #298
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*blahs* The BAC group isn't actually such a good idea.

Quote:
criminology test
Who did they test? You?

What comes to school, Psychology and Philosophy starts in a few weeks ( ), and I'm doing work (not really ) to pass my Swedish course.
Old November 1, 2002, 13:52   #299
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 08:05
A side note: I looked at the link in your sig Kassiopia and it has made me want to watch Evangelion now.

Though I am going to have to force on of my buddies to by the DVDs or videos since the local movie store only takes obscure Anime from the 80s and lots of Hentai.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2002, 15:44   #300
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Silence, you will find Evangelion intriguing in a philosophical sense. Try to avoid spoilers, though the metaphysical and psychological aspects won't suffer too much from knowing important plot twists beforehand.