Old November 1, 2002, 23:34   #301
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 08:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Ok thanks for the info
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2002, 02:26   #302
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Who did they test? You?

What comes to school, Psychology and Philosophy starts in a few weeks ( ), and I'm doing work (not really ) to pass my Swedish course.
Oh, a wise guy eh? Ah well....I think I bombed it big time so it looks like I'm gonna have to bust my a** and study a heck of a lot for the final.

For BAC stuff- Mr. Prez., I'm almost done with a short post concerning the Drone/Hive altercation near our borders. I'll stop it right at the point where the Drones'll have to make a decision about staying and fighting or running away.

For manga-I STILL think Vampire Hunter D and Ninja Scroll are the best! Kick butt hero and lots of action for the manly type.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2002, 22:53   #303
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Cool. I'll pick it up from there, then.
Old November 3, 2002, 06:27   #304
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Heehee. Health Education presentation essay. Er, did I mention I loathe obligatory HE? That means I've every moral right to copy the essay from the Internet. Of course I'll modify it a bit, I'm not that stupid.

But this means that I'll have time to write BAC. I hope.
Old November 4, 2002, 02:40   #305
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Health Education? I may or may not have done that in ninth grade. What do they teach you?

Last edited by Mr. President; November 6, 2002 at 02:20.
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2002, 05:49   #306
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Hey all. I apologize for my inattention. Real life has been difficult as of late. I will promise to get my post in this week(or actually two posts with all i have to write)
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2002, 11:20   #307
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Sprayber, no problem. I'ven't been a flurry of activity either for the past few days.

Quote:
Health Education? I may or may not have done that in ninth grade. What do they teach you?
Eating right, reminding us how exercise is imporant, drugs, smoking, alcohol, general health stuff. In Finland there's a huge amount of obesity and cardiovascular diseases around.

Quote:
Did you ever do Values Education? In fourth grade there was this guy who came into our classroom on Monday mornings and sang Christian songs. That was in Tasmania, though. In the US he'd have been arrested for bridging the separation of church and state and that school would have been shut down.
The latter is what we call Religion. It's mandatory for all who belong to the Church, including me, albeit I've firm plans to separate from it once I turn eighteen.

Yeah, we get quite a lot of Christian *coughcrapcough* here, considering the Lutheran Church is quite connected to the state. I don't mind it though. I'm not that weak in my atheistic 'faith'.
Old November 4, 2002, 12:15   #308
Sprayber
Emperor

Thanks Kass. The first post is finished. Now ill work on the Spartan arrival to the Cadre system and some other tidbits.

Mr. President: Were the Drone going to conduct the attacks on the pirates alone or did you want Spartan ships to be involved as well.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 4, 2002, 20:09   #309
Mr. President
Emperor

Sprayber: I was thinking that the regular Drone forces would concentrate on Pirates within Drone territory, and, if you wished, the Spartans could do the same on their side of the border. Perhaps unofficial and irregular forces like the Omega Glory would cross borders quietly. Itamar is still technically a pirate himself, so if the Spartans or other caught him doing something illegal the military would disavow knowledge.
Old November 4, 2002, 22:48   #310
Mr. President
Emperor

Cool interview, by the way.

And re Health Education, perhaps a couple of other places could use that. They say some high-ish proportion of Americans are overweight now (though that is such a subjective term - the "authorities" and sometimes even the fashion industry decide what constitutes "overweight". I don't have a physique like an Olympic athlete, but neither am I obese; I can play soccer and I don't sweat while eating).
Old November 5, 2002, 00:55   #311
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

good posts guys!

Sprayber-Lots of Hive bashing, aint there?

"Health Education"...."Values Economy"???

What the heck? I've never heard of those courses, but I did take Japanese in high school. (passed w/a courtesy 'D')

....yes, I was a troublemaker in school. But I did play percussion in the school's band! Go bass drums!

Kass- I dont think Finland can be that obese. Finnish chicks are HOT! I was watching 20/20 and some other nighttime news agencies and they said that the US has the highest amount of obese ppl on the planet.
Old November 5, 2002, 01:43   #312
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. President
I don't have a physique like an Olympic athlete, but neither am I obese; I can play soccer and I don't sweat while eating).
I don't know why, but I find this rather funny.
Old November 5, 2002, 02:16   #313
Mr. President
Emperor

I stole the last part from The Simpsons.
Old November 5, 2002, 09:56   #314
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
I did take Japanese in high school

Ok, ok, you got a mercy D but still.

I would've taken it too but the teachers didn't want to teach it. I took Latin instead...

Quote:
Finnish chicks are HOT!
I know
Except the blondes. I dont' really prefer blondes. Probably because there's so many around.

Finns are obese. At least the men. My uncle is around 130 - 140 kg. I used to be about 110, but lost over 20 kg from it this summer. Now I'm 85. I intend to lose some 15 more from that.
Old November 5, 2002, 17:44   #315
Frankychan
King

Oooh baby! I'd probably like it there....

You'd probably like it HERE as well, Blondes are in short supply here....mostly asians (also my type) here.
Old November 5, 2002, 17:47   #316
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:05
Hey, Kassiopeia, you are entitled to your opinion, but there are some of us here who are Christian, and comments like that to us are offensive.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5, 2002, 18:01   #317
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I'm terribly sorry if I offend anyone, but as far as I am concerned, when people come to a school and stuff this thing in the faces of sixteen year olds who can fully think for themselves, or even worse, five year olds who can't think for themselves, I find it offensive.

And I'm not saying all Christians are alike.

*edit* ->

Besides, the people I meant are the kind who raise their children by the words "If you don't behave, God will be mad at you." I was given a Christian upbringing, and luckily a one didn't have this, I say again, crap. God was considered a nice guy.
Old November 5, 2002, 22:05   #318
Mr. President
Emperor

Last edited by Mr. President; November 6, 2002 at 02:19.
Mr. President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6, 2002, 00:09   #319
Sprayber
Emperor

Lets be careful what we use the comments section for please. Back and forth banter is ok but we should try to keep it to a low level.
Old November 6, 2002, 02:16   #320
Mr. President
Emperor

Yeah, you're right. Sorry for my comments. I'll edit them out.
Old November 6, 2002, 02:23   #321
Mr. President
Emperor

By the way. Can you tell what my avatar is? I really like the picture it came from but I'm not sure it translated very well into avatar form.
Old November 6, 2002, 05:19   #322
Sprayber
Emperor

My comments were only meant to head off any possible misundersanding and wasnt directed at anyone in particular I just dont want anything to get out of hand. Sorry if I sound too protective

My avatar comes from one military unit of Clan Jade Falcon from Battletech.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	jade.gif
Views:	71
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	28584  
Old November 6, 2002, 16:23   #323
Frankychan
King

Mine is Doctor Doom....but right now I'm looking for a change. Either Mojo jojo or some other one I have in mind...

Quote:
Originally posted in Mr. Presidenst sig

"Finnish chicks are HOT!" -- Frankychan
I hope no-one else see's this....

Spray-I thought your avatar was the Romulan crest in Star Trek.

Mr Prez-Is yours a black Magic: The Gathering cards?

Last edited by Frankychan; November 6, 2002 at 16:29.
Old November 6, 2002, 18:28   #324
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky-GeneralTacticus:

Before I post the Spartan arrivial in the Cadre system we should see if we are on the same page. This is what i propose so give me some feedback.

1. Intruding fleet lands supporting troops on planet

next day

2. Spartan taskforce enters system and sights the intruding fleet.
3. Spartan taskforce Admiral orders surrender of intruding fleet.
4. Intruding Fleet either refuses or remains silent.
5. Spartan Admiral orders the destruction of intruding fleet.
6. Spartan taskforce destroys intruding fleet after battle. One ship is borded but no definite proof of who commands the fleet.
7. Spartan taskforce immediately imposes blockade of Cadre system. (this may lead to some goverments critizing Sparta for this move maybe PKs etc.)
8. Spartan taskforce prepares Spartan Marine force for deployment but waits for comformation of situation on the planet.

Remember the reason that the Spartan Taskforce defeats the intruding fleet is that this is a huge military presence. There are three fleets in the current taskforce consisting of hundreds of heavy ships. In fact some governments may say that this is an overkill.

Comments? Suggestions are welcome
Old November 6, 2002, 21:15   #325
Frankychan
King

Comments and Hive P.O.V.

Depending on how GeneralTacticus wants things to unravel, I support the "invasion" of the proxy "pirate" fleet on their planet. With Lysander supported by the Hive personnel, pro-Menelaus Cadre troops as well as Spartan soldiers can show off their stuff and have some good postings dealing with different battles being fought. But like I said, it'd all be up to GeneralTacticus.

BTW-General, do you want me to take over when you have the fleet arrive?

Well, here's my thoughts:

1. Agree that troops should land on planet. Would make things more interesting in BAC universe. Also, if it WAS found out that the "pirates" were actually Hive troops, the implications would make BAC a little more interesting and tense.

2. Agree that Spartan fleet see's other ships. Wouldn't have Laekdaemon as a flashpoint for the big war if they didn't!

3. Spartan Admiral does usual Spartan introduction.

4. Intruding fleet refuses demands of Sparta.

5. Spartan and loyal Cadre ships begin engagement with opposite fleet.

6. Allied ships defeat opposite and ship/wreckage IS boarded and investigated. However, I think a few ships should be able to make it back to Hive space to inform Yang and Hive command.

7 and 8. I don't think I have any say in this at all. I think these questions are directed more at GeneralTacticus than myself.

Couple questions I have.

How strong is the Cadre fleet already in-system? Can the Hive fleet breakthrough their defenses without taking that much of a beating?

The Hive fleet being sent as support is very small. I agree that if a Spartan blockade was to take effect, hundreds of Spartan ships would be "overkill". How would the pro-Lysander people react?

Will the ground battle on Laekdaemon homeworld be short and decisive, or long with one large determinant battle?

I think that's all............now, for the Hive POV. (point of view):
Old November 6, 2002, 21:45   #326
Frankychan
King

Hive POV
Here it is....

Yang doesn't really care what goes on in the Cadre system, so long as Hive involvement is kept a secret. Yang see's Lysander and the Cadre as a useful tool against the eventual (unavoidable) confrontation between the GHE and the Spartan Federation. If Lysander can succeed in his revolution, the Cadre would be a strong, fanatical ally to the Hive (in his view). Yang understands the hatred of Lysander and the anti-Spartan faction and feels that if he can make the whole Cadre anti-Spartan, they'll exhaust Kessel's resources of war before the Hive even engages them.

Lysander's rage, to Yang, blinds him and makes him willing to risk everything to destroy Kessel. Using and supporting the Cadre will only make things easier for the Hive in the long run.

However, if things get churned up and Hive involvement is exposed, Emperor Yang will get "p!ssed" and will want some sort of action to take place.
Old November 6, 2002, 22:12   #327
Sprayber
Emperor

I dont know how many vessels the Cadre have. General would have to answer that. I agree that a ship should escape to inform yang. As for Spartan ground troops they would only land if the Cadre government asked for help. then you Lysander would see what fighting Sparta really entails.

What is your view General.

And Franky. The Spartans believe in being very detailed. dont expect a small war to tax the resources of Sparta. Yang may be disappointed to see how quickly Sparta takes the battle to the source.
Old November 7, 2002, 02:25   #328
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
Quote:
How strong is the Cadre fleet already in-system? Can the Hive fleet breakthrough their defenses without taking that much of a beating?
Oh yes, indeed. It consists of a couple dozen escorts with light weaponry, used mainly for transporting and for show. They wouldn't be much use in a standup fight, though they could be something of an annoyance as raiders.

Quote:
1. Intruding fleet lands supporting troops on planet

next day

2. Spartan taskforce enters system and sights the intruding fleet.
3. Spartan taskforce Admiral orders surrender of intruding fleet.
4. Intruding Fleet either refuses or remains silent.
5. Spartan Admiral orders the destruction of intruding fleet.
6. Spartan taskforce destroys intruding fleet after battle. One ship is borded but no definite proof of who commands the fleet.
Sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:
7. Spartan taskforce immediately imposes blockade of Cadre system. (this may lead to some goverments critizing Sparta for this move maybe PKs etc.)
Hmm... blockade of what? Unauthorized entry? Commerce?

[/quote]BTW-General, do you want me to take over when you have the fleet arrive? [/quote]

Take over what, exactly? The Hive fleet? The Hive troops?

Quote:
How would the pro-Lysander people react?
They'd be extremely PO'd, but they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. Those who are actually willing to rebel are already fighting for Lysander, so it hardly makes any difference.

Quote:
Will the ground battle on Laekdaemon homeworld be short and decisive, or long with one large determinant battle?
Considering the geography and the current state of the war, it would probably go on for a little while, at least. YLsander holds most of the northern continent, which is very mountainous in the centre has little in the way of transport except around mines, so we'd probably end up with a situation a la Afghanistan, with a long effort to flush the surviving rebels out.

Quote:
What is your view General.
Menelaus has no qualms at all about accepting aid from Sparta, especially when it's his regime at stake, so if the Spartans want to intervene directly, they're welcome to do so, on the understanding that they'll work with the Cadre rather than try to take control of the war for themselves.

As for the general sourse of the war - Lysander and his lot have the momentum atm, but this is based largely on the fact that the loyalists are still trying to figure out what the hell is going on. They've already lost Dienkes Base, and a Spartan intervention would likely tip the balance irreversibly, unless Yang decides to involve himself a little more. I'd forseea few major battles as the loyalists and Spartans push the rebels back, and then the aforementioned guerilla war in Iron Mountains in the north.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 7, 2002 at 02:55.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2002, 04:50   #329
Sprayber
Emperor

Initially the Spartans would intercept all traffic coming into the system just to get control of the situation ( first few days). then they would begin allowing commerce to begin again but carefully checking ships as they entered the sytem. At first the Spartans would simply impose the situation unilaterally. After contact with Cadre loyalist could be made they would suggest that the blockade be used to keep outsiders from supplying arms. Commerce would not be stopped. The Spartans aren't really interested in taking over, but they want to make sure that no one else is allowed to give more assistence.

the ground war is different. Perhaps the Spartans will be drawn in over time if the loyalist cannot eliminate the rebels.
Old November 7, 2002, 05:06   #330
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
Quote:
Initially the Spartans would intercept all traffic coming into the system just to get control of the situation ( first few days). then they would begin allowing commerce to begin again but carefully checking ships as they entered the sytem. At first the Spartans would simply impose the situation unilaterally. After contact with Cadre loyalist could be made they would suggest that the blockade be used to keep outsiders from supplying arms. Commerce would not be stopped. The Spartans aren't really interested in taking over, but they want to make sure that no one else is allowed to give more assistence.
There actually isn't very much outside traffic with Laekdaemon - they've only just started opening up to the outside world, so it wouldn't be a very big deal if the Spartans imposed a total blockade for a few days, though Menelaus would get very pissed if the Spartans interrupted any weapons shipments.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote