Old November 7, 2002, 05:13   #331
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
GeneralTacticus,

I was talking about the Hive POV when the proverbial sh** hits the fan....as in the intervening Hive fleet. However, now that you have said what you think, I'm thinking that it'd be better if you took over. You know what you want to happen with your faction so if you're cool about it, I'd like you to take over.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2002, 05:19   #332
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Fine with me.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2002, 05:43   #333
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

I hope no-one else see's this....
No-one reads my posts anyway, so your secret is safe with me.

Quote:
Mr Prez-Is yours a black Magic: The Gathering cards?
Yeah - it's Ihsan's Shade. Well spotted. I thought it might not have been too clear. Thanks for the professional opinion!
Old November 7, 2002, 05:52   #334
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

GeneralTac-Ok, it's all good.

Mr. Prez-it's pretty clear to myself, even though I haven't played Magic for over 5 years. Do you play the online game? My friends said they downloaded the freetrial version or something like it. I wouldn't mind making my Blue Counter deck.

I forget, there's this one black card in 4th edition....oh, Royal Assassin. That one I liked. even tho the drawing was kinda junk, I liked its abilities. But nothing beats the Vesuvian Doppleganger and Clones. Best was cloning a doppleganger. That plus all the counterspells made my blue deck rock!

Ok enough of my rant..........man, see what you've done? You've made me wanna play again.
Old November 7, 2002, 05:58   #335
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Online? Nah. That's not really my scene. I'd sort of rather play with real cards (says the man who hasn't played for about six months now, because his stupid friend can't seem to understand "Meet me in the cafetaria on Monday to play Magic").

Where was I?

I liked the Royal Assassin too. The other black card I like is Nether Shadow. I used to have one, but he kept getting killed all the time.

And Clone is the bomb! Its art rocks too.

Quote:
You've made me wanna play again.
Perhaps you should try Magic Online, then. I'm still inclined to think it's not as fun as playing real-life, but it could be interesting nonetheless.
Old November 9, 2002, 04:20   #336
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Ok guys the Spartans have arrived.

Franky. the spacial distortation i wrote about was meant to be a hive vessel or vessels that was cloacked observing the battle. The mercenaries that were captured dont know who hired them and I thought that Hive forces being in the system with old PK and Terran vessels would work towards confusing outsiders. Hope everyone likes it.

Comments?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9, 2002, 04:24   #337
Sprayber
Emperor

I wrote it assuming that the Hive intended the Spartans to capture at least some of the mercenaries to kind of throw them off the trail a little. this way there can be some doubt as to who has interfered in the Cadre war. Makes it more interesting if the Spartans dont have solid evidence.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 9, 2002, 05:19   #338
Frankychan
King

I was wondering about that distortion. I like the fact that you made a distinction between the organized Hive fleet in disguise and the hired mercs who were disorganized. Never would have thought of that.

Thanks for putting in that little distortion thing though. I can play around with it and use it in a future Hive post.....which I plan to do.

K, my next post is gonna be the one I was talking about concerning the snooping Drone's in Hive territory.

......things are getting interesting in BAC.
Old November 9, 2002, 07:12   #339
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Good post. Thought the bit about the captured ship exploding was especially good, exactly what you would expect from a totally defeated enemy. Now, where shall we go from here? Spartan troops intervening on the planet? Yang wanting to know where his ships have gone?
Old November 9, 2002, 07:19   #340
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Well, that was quick.

EDIT: I'll start working on the next post on the Cadre system tommorow. I need to get some sleep.
Old November 9, 2002, 07:30   #341
Frankychan
King

True that, GeneralTacticus,

I didn't go out tonite and just stayed home, watching cartoonnetwork and taking it easy. Going to go ne-ne soon so tomorrow nite I can party it up. Three day weekend baby!

But gonna go the the cemetary on Monday to remember Veteran's Day here. Have a good weekend mofo's! I'll probably see you guys again on Sunday (cause I work).

GenTac- I think the one escaped ship can be independant to what's happening in the Cadre system. You two can work on the ground war while I can have Yang discover the recent developments in the Cadre system.

Last edited by Frankychan; November 10, 2002 at 17:37.
Old November 10, 2002, 02:56   #342
Mr. President
Emperor

Ah, getting spicy!
Old November 10, 2002, 19:28   #343
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky or General: How many Hive troops are going to be on the planet? I need to have a rough guess for next post.
Old November 10, 2002, 21:05   #344
Frankychan
King

Sprayber-

Quote:
Encrypted Message
To: Major Lysander, Laekdaemon Cadre

Major Lysander, Emperor Yang is most displeased that you will be needing more Hive assistance. As you may know, the Spartan Federation has been keeping an eye on Cadre developments and Hive aid is seen as 'unwelcomed' by the Spartan's.

However, his imperial majesty understands your plight and has authorized the use of Hive ships to aid your revolution. Therefore, I am notifying you that Hive warships are on their way to your homeworld to assist your forces. Listed below is what will be arriving:

1 Battlecruiser
3 Corvettes
2 Frigates
1 Carrier
3 Troop ships (1500 soldiers)
Was on page 12.
Old November 10, 2002, 21:36   #345
Frankychan
King

But that's not including Hive forces already on Cadre homeworld.

Quote:
To: Laekdaemon Cadre representative

As ordered by our lord Emperor Yang, we have come here to help in your uprising against those who would ally themselves with the Spartans. We have been given specific orders that state his majesty power of authority shall be extended to Major Lysander. Note: if orders are given to betray our Empire, we will not obey and will leave Lysander's command. A report will be sent to Hive command as well of any anti-Hive activity.

We await Lord Lysander's commands.

Hive Task Force:
2 ships/250 men
20 Hive officers
10 Hive security social engineers
20 Hive assassins
30 Hive saboteurs
120 Veteran Hive soldiers
Page 7. I think these personnel would be easier to spot. If they are not already dead. The Veterans, Social Engineers, and officers would be easy to spot. Naroun Felcheck (the Hive liason officer to Lysander) would probably be a giveaway.

But it depends on what GeneralTacticus did with these guys...if they're still around or not... *shrug*
Old November 11, 2002, 02:04   #346
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
But it depends on what GeneralTacticus did with these guys...if they're still around or not... *shrug*
Actually, they haven't had much direct involvement in the story since they arrived - a lot of the soldiers got killed in the landing, and most of the remainder would probably have been killed when Dienkes Base fell, but the rest should be still alive and kicking.

EDIT: I mean most of the soldiers would be dead, but the others wouldn't be.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 11, 2002 at 02:33.
Old November 15, 2002, 22:57   #347
Sprayber
Emperor

I was wondering how the Cadre are reacting to the arrival of the Spartan fleet becuase by now the goverment should know about it since their ships have been in contact with the Spartans.

I'll write up a post dealing with the Spartans setting up a blockade of the system and stopping ships. Maybe a Drone vessel entering the system with supplies of some kind. The ship would be detained until the system is secured and everything is checked out.
Old November 15, 2002, 23:01   #348
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
I was wondering how the Cadre are reacting to the arrival of the Spartan fleet becuase by now the goverment should know about it since their ships have been in contact with the Spartans.
Well, they'd be pretty glad that the Hive fleet in the system ha sbeen eliminated, as they're the real threat - the Hive troops will be a difficulty, but one that can be dealt with. The Cadre had no means of dealing with the Hive fleet.

As for the blockade, it won't matter all that much unless it interrupts arms shipments to the loyalists, which would royally piss them off.
Old November 18, 2002, 02:26   #349
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
General announcement, ACDG'ers link this if someone asks;

In case anyone wonders, my internet connection is being replaced with a faster one. I'll be gone until next Christmas, I'll be back before January 2003, at least if all goes well.

So... Merry Christmas, Happy New Year etc. etc.
Old November 18, 2002, 21:21   #350
Mr. President
Emperor

No problemo. I'm trying to cut down on my Internet usage, so I fear this thread might be a little inactive for a while.
Old November 18, 2002, 21:23   #351
Mr. President
Emperor

Weird stuff, man . . .

I got an e-mail in my junk mail thread notification box that someone had posted to Beyond Alpha Centauri. Yet, no such post was spotted on visiting AC-Fiction.
Old November 18, 2002, 21:25   #352
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Urban Ranger posted there by mistake a day or two ago. Apparently the Admins deleted it.
Old November 18, 2002, 21:26   #353
Mr. President
Emperor

Hm. Where was he trying to post, that he was in Beyond Alpha Centauri by mistake?
Old November 18, 2002, 22:01   #354
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

He was asking a question about it, apparently not realizing he was supposed to post it here, rather than in the story thread.
Old November 19, 2002, 00:59   #355
Mr. President
Emperor

Gosh, I hope he hasn't been frightened away.
Old November 19, 2002, 03:37   #356
Frankychan
King

Aaah, it's all good Kass. I wish I could upgrade my internet connection.

Wow, I didn't know Urban Ranger posted in the story thread! Well, I gotta say that this semester and work is kicking my butt, and that's why I haven't been here in a while. Sorry if it seems like I've been gone, but my classes are pretty brutal.

But I'm still a dedicated BAC author!

CO-BRA!
Old November 19, 2002, 18:38   #357
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 08:05
So how is everybody?
I am racking my brain for a new plot for the Conclave and have it posted ASAP
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2002, 00:02   #358
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:05
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
He was asking a question about it, apparently not realizing he was supposed to post it here, rather than in the story thread.
Yeah, I came back and found my message had been deleted unceremoniously. It would be nice if the admins have a little list of do's and don'ts for this forum as a topped thread. Preferably with big bold letters saying "Read me first or else!"

Anyway, I was asking whether all the fiction pieces are somehow related, or is everybody more or less does his own thing.

Another thing is, is there any background on his? Some sort of starmap of which faction goes where? Are the Progenitors still out there? Are there any other alien races out there? What kind of technology (in our terms, not SMAC terms) has been achieved?
Urban Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2002, 01:50   #359
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Anyway, I was asking whether all the fiction pieces are somehow related, or is everybody more or less does his own thing.
Yes, they're all part of a big story, although it's gotten to the stage where things have been going on for so logn we've almost forgotten why (e.g. the Terran Peace Conference, I have trouble remembering the war that it's supposed to end).

Quote:
Another thing is, is there any background on his? Some sort of starmap of which faction goes where? Are the Progenitors still out there? Are there any other alien races out there? What kind of technology (in our terms, not SMAC terms) has been achieved?
I believe Sprayber has a map somewhere; as for the Progenitors, the ones that landed on Planet have (IIRC) been exterminated, but their overall factions are still around, though they haven't had much involvement yet. There are some other alien races around too - the Bree, the Gorn, the Fraal, the Hferfin (sp?), and any others we may have come up with.

As for tech - we've had fusion reactors for a long time now, as well as interstellar travel, artifical intelligence, and generally a lot of other stuff that it would be difficult to list. We seem to be working mainly from the SMAc tech tree, as it's easier.
Old November 20, 2002, 07:02   #360
Sprayber
Emperor

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalpha.../starmaps.html

Here is a link to a Rough early map. I'm still trying to make a better one by hand. I'm getting there.

Here is a rough history i worked out(some may remember it). I'll put it in time line form. any help with the dates would be appreciated and comments when i post it.

List of aliens (not including various primitive races that each author may write for) These races are static meaning they only provide a backdrop. Humanity is the main concern here. Or at least for now

Ancient Race 1 (name unknown)
Ancient Race 2 (name unknown)
Fraal
Progenators
Bree
Gorn
Uv Watt

Hferhin--Achieved space flight from damaged Progenator craft--managed to stay out of sight and exert influience in their small region of space.

Dosi--Old Race that has managed to escape attention for generations.

These races have fought on and off for thousands of years each growing in power until they had technologies that could devastate planets completely. The Fraal withdrew from the wars when it became apparent that the stakes were about to become very leathal for the civilizations. The progenators delt the first blow by destroying planets of Race #1 with the same technology that was used to create the manifolds. Their creations got away from them and eventually reduced their civilization to a state of low technology. The remaining two races forgot about the progeantors and started fighting each other. In the meantime races grew up and achieved space flight and were in turn destroyed by one of the older races. The Fraal only protected those races they felt were worthy and that meant keeping them out of space. As long as a race remained planet bound they were mostly safe. After many years of constant battles the two remaining races were exhausted by their wars and began to look for servent races to fight for them. Race 1 looked to the Bree as a species to use as their soldiers. Race 2 found the Gorn and gave them vast amounts of technology if they agreed to fight Race 1 and their Bree soldiers. The Gorn took the technology and then refused to fight for their benifactors. But Race 1 still sent the Bree against the Gorn thus beginning their generations long wars. Race 2 was desparate to find a race to uplift to use as soldiers and workers to suppliment their dwindeling numbers. They looked to a primative world deep in their sphere of influience as a source of troops. At first they took humans and altered them to adapt to varing climates. They set up separate planets to put them on and clone sufficient numbers. Those humans rebelled eventually and were lost. They then tried to get another race(Uv Watt) but they were not suited for war or hard labor and they were abandoned. They returned to Earth and took more humans and tried different methods to train and alter them. At their height they had humans on dozens of worlds trying to breed out the independent nature. In some cases they succeeded but it was too late. Race 1 and their Bree soldiers invaded Race 2's territory and began a war of annilation. Before they could totally wipe out their enemies however the Progenators were back with recovered technology. Race 1's homeworld was destroyed by a flowering caused by the Progenators. The Bree lost their masters but held on to muchof their technology. They soon had to concentrate on the Gorn who had also recovered and were slowly attacking Bree territory. They settled into their long and continous war. Race 2 was not saved by all of this because their numbers were so damaged that they returned to their homeworld and began to heal their numbers. The Progenators once again got too powerful and feel into infighting that resulted in them once again loosing technology. It has been 3700 years since the great races retreated back to their homeworlds. They go through cycles of regaining their level of technology and loosing it. The Bree and Gorn are locked in a cycle of war and rebuilding. Race 2 has dropped from history but still exists. The Uv Watt stay in their own little territories near the Believers and do not venture very far. The Fraal wonder about space looking for a planet to settle on. The progenators are rebuilding their technology while still figting a civil war. Humans are the first to emerge from their planet since the last wars and at the moment enjoy the middle position. Not primitive but crippled by disunity. Then there are the primitive races still planet bound. And every so often you will find an out of the way planet with Humans that are the result of attempts at genetic manipulation (ex. The one on Epona)