Old November 26, 2002, 01:06   #391
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Anybody heard from Sovereign recently?
Old November 26, 2002, 04:35   #392
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
He said that he would try to get onto Apolyton when he gets home from school. His computer in his dorm doesn't let him access Apolyton, but would try to come back either after the semester, or when his classes let him.....

.....I just think he's partying it up at his university.

Oh yeah, thanks Mr. Prez! I never thought about your idea. Would it be okay if I did your suggestion?

"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26, 2002, 07:08   #393
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
/me is alive!

Alas, but this is posting from the school... Therefore, no time to read in depth, but I did pick up the new crew member, so...

I bid welcome to Urban Ranger.

I might make it permanently back before Christmas, maybe not. The connection needs some funding, so I need to grease up the folks.
Old November 26, 2002, 11:15   #394
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
Sorry UR for not welcoming you earlier. Lots of things going on. You should make a fine addition to the BAC team.

Folks. Something I have been working on to take my mind far away is a prehistory of BAC. When its done it will be put in a thread as a kind of BAC primer for new readers and writers. As per your suggestions.

Here is a sample of pre history please comment.

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/BacBackground.html

I will update this from time to time with more info so check back and add your comments, questions and smart remarks here
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27, 2002, 19:47   #395
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Would it be okay if I did your suggestion?
Of course.

Quote:
Here is a sample of pre history please comment.
Looks pretty good so far.
Old November 27, 2002, 23:27   #396
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Thanks, Mr. Prez.

Wow, Kass is checking up here too? Things are pretty out of the ordinary in this thread nowadays...go figure.

Sprayber-looks alright w/me. Do you want me to think up some things for the Bree or nah?
Old November 28, 2002, 02:06   #397
Mr. President
Emperor

I like those octopus aliens. On Star Trek and other shows, they tend to make new alien species functionally identical to humans in every way except for different types and degrees of eyebrow ridges. Nice to see a different approach.
Old November 28, 2002, 05:18   #398
Sprayber
Emperor

Franky: Sure give us your ideas.

That isnt all of the history just all i got done. I'll finish when i get back on Thanksgiving. My main concern are the dates of the events. any help or suggestions are welcome. The history is meant to be a background but there is plenty of room for other aliens. Just none that are overly powerful.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old November 29, 2002, 02:25   #399
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
I'm Baaaaaaaaack.

And Franky, it wasnm't actually a camping trip, but rather a trip to an adventure resort on Phillip Island, but it was mostly fun (except for our 'canoeing' activity... or should I say survival swimming)

Anyway, can someone give me an update of what's been going on in the world? I just read in the newspaper about some terracts against Israelis, has anything else happened?

As for the prehistory - quite interesting, and it sounds pretty good so far
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29, 2002, 03:44   #400
Mr. President
Emperor

State election tomorrow, and I have no idea who to vote for.

Quote:
survival swimming
Now you know why I don't go on "outdoors" vacations.
Old November 29, 2002, 04:19   #401
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Now you know why I don't go on "outdoors" vacations.
Well, it wouldn't have been, except that the other guy in my canoe decided that he just had to stick his knee out in front of another canoe, and as a result he capsized us. I spent most of the rest of the activity dragging the canoe into shore and then dragging it up so we could empty the water out and get going again (by myself, I might add). Not the most pleasant experience.

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 29, 2002 at 04:27.
Old November 29, 2002, 10:20   #402
Sprayber
Emperor

What i really need from you guys is some sense of time scale. Does the time frame i have work for everyone.

General: In highschool we went on a float trip to the Buffalo River. We were all like 16-18. Well some were quite intoxicated by the time we got to the put in site. Needless to say some didnt even make it out of the staging area without tipping over. I waited till i was afloat to take a few(only a few ) drinks. A real fun day all in all. Lots of tipping over and lots of lost things. mmmm still remember Jennie Treat on that trip She was advanced for her age and thats all i need to say. Her current husband works for the goverment and may be watching
Old November 29, 2002, 19:34   #403
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
General: In highschool we went on a float trip to the Buffalo River. We were all like 16-18. Well some were quite intoxicated by the time we got to the put in site. Needless to say some didnt even make it out of the staging area without tipping over. I waited till i was afloat to take a few(only a few ) drinks. A real fun day all in all. Lots of tipping over and lots of lost things. mmmm still remember Jennie Treat on that trip She was advanced for her age and thats all i need to say. Her current husband works for the goverment and may be watching
Only thing was, we weren't drunk and I was hoping not to get very wet as I had to wear the same things for raft-making later in the day (as it turned out, it was cancelled as no-one wanted to do it and we went swimming instead).

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; November 29, 2002 at 19:41.
Old December 1, 2002, 07:41   #404
Sprayber
Emperor

I updated the page with more history. The new stuff is below the divider bar

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/BacBackground.html

Im interested in any ideas as to what do to with the machines. I'd like them to play a big role in reducing a lot of the galaxy to ruin. Keep in mind that most of this action is taking place near the core of the Galaxy. Earth and the surrounding space is a backwater to the events. eventually the alien powers will begin to fight more and more of thier battles near earth. One of the things I plan for the Spartan homeworld is that it was at one time inhabited but their population was taken away for use in the wars. Good for the Spartans thousands of years later to find a beautiful planet with no intelligent species there to deal with. Think of your planets in these terms for some of your back stories and possilbe future stories. Franky, seeing that the Hive has conquered many species, it might be interesting to find out that they have been used before by others. Maybe the Bree (formerly being used themselves) are looking to use the Hive. who knows.
Old December 1, 2002, 20:30   #405
Mr. President
Emperor

Ah, looks good. Perhaps the Temple and the ruins on Berrik, then, could be explained as Cudra artifacts, or possibly as later weapons or bases for the machine intelligence.
Old December 2, 2002, 04:14   #406
Sprayber
Emperor

Just to be sure, i dont want to machines to be the borg or anything. they arent all powerful. Just extremely hard to destroy. In any event they are in the past.
Old December 2, 2002, 04:21   #407
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Something that might also be interesting, if we want to work any of it into the current story, would be to have some artefacts from these ancient races found on unclaimed planets, which might reveal some of their technology, and have this spark a race to grab them first. Obviously we'd have to make sure that the technology wouldn't make the side that got the most invincible, though.
Old December 2, 2002, 23:59   #408
Frankychan
King

I like what I see so far...

I was thinking that the Bree was going to use the Hive later on.....are you mind-reading me, Sprayber?

Anyway, things are getting down to the wire over here. Finals are coming up and projects are due. Sorry for my absence, but like I said a while ago, this semester's kicking my butt.

Well then.....peace out!
Old December 3, 2002, 10:15   #409
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan

I was thinking that the Bree was going to use the Hive later on.....are you mind-reading me, Sprayber?
You guys don't call me the thread god for nothing you know.

My latest post dealt with the much neglected Pirate threat. Also I thought I'd give Mr. President something to work off of maybe A fine example of Spartan Drone cooperation I think.

Kind of a side note to the post. When I wrote it out, the original name of the system was System 123. I thought maybe it was a bit too korny
Old December 4, 2002, 21:24   #410
Mr. President
Emperor

Looks cool. There are certainly plenty of interesting directions not yet explored regarding the Pirate menace.
Old December 9, 2002, 10:42   #411
Sprayber
Emperor

Everyone still alive here. I was going to write up another story last night but got caught up in the Sopranos.
Old December 9, 2002, 22:37   #412
Frankychan
King

Yeah, I was watching that too. Was pretty good, but the ending kinda sucked...wasn't a real "cliffhanger" for me.

Quote:
You guys don't call me the thread god for nothing you know.

I'm still here!
Old December 10, 2002, 00:32   #413
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:05
I'm still here...waiting for Kassiopeia to post...if he's back!!

There's just one name on the tip of my tongue...been bugging me for weeks...it's...Sym.

What did we ever do with that guy? At one point, everybody was thinking about him...then, he seems to have floated off into the sunset in his nasty little Hiverian way...no offense to Sheng-ji. What's going to be done about the poor fellow?
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2002, 00:37   #414
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Speaking of KASSIOPEIA, I wish him a very happy birthday today.

Old December 10, 2002, 00:41   #415
Frankychan
King

happy berfday Kass

Sorry History Guy, I've taken over him and kinda haven't developed his plot yet. I'll try and reintroduce him in my upcoming posts. My bad!
Old December 10, 2002, 00:48   #416
History Guy
King

To quote Gimli: "Noooooooooooooooooo!!"

It's OK, Franky. Look at what I've been doing...just about...nothing. But Sym will survive!...for a while, at least...
Old December 10, 2002, 01:42   #417
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
I'm still here!
As am I. I've been rather caught up in the PtW and AC Demogames for past few days.
Old December 10, 2002, 04:39   #418
Mr. President
Emperor

I'm around too, if not in body then in spirit. I've been trying not to use the Internet too much, since it sometimes depresses me and sometimes makes my eyes hurt.
Old December 10, 2002, 11:05   #419
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Quote:
I'm still here!

I'm back! For good this time. I've got literally nearly two thousand posts to catch up with (the Suomithreadi ).
Old December 10, 2002, 22:36   #420
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Apolyton's Second Biggest Jackass
Gah! How did I miss this poll? I would have risked creating several hundred DLs, just to vote for Rasbelin!