Old September 23, 2002, 19:25   #31
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I guess then that Sovereign will have little trouble in getting himself a quantum computer!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2002, 01:30   #32
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
Quote:
Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
You can add that it was also a Byzantine title for a ruler.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2002, 01:49   #33
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

You can add that it was also a Byzantine title for a ruler.

I didn't think anyone caught that! Change noted and added.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2002, 03:10   #34
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
I guess then that Sovereign will have little trouble in getting himself a quantum computer!
Yes, even if he does jump on the bandwagon seven hundred odd years late...
Old September 24, 2002, 03:31   #35
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:04

As science fiction writers, we now have to work overtime to keep up with reality!
Old September 24, 2002, 03:35   #36
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:

As science fiction writers, we now have to work overtime to keep up with reality!
That's the drawback with following the example of Arthur C. Clarke.
Old September 24, 2002, 03:50   #37
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Mr. President-a Serra (sp?) Angel as an avatar? I'm more partial to Blue myself.....haven't played in years though. Counterspell decks are so much fun!
Old September 24, 2002, 04:19   #38
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Oh my God! You know the Serra Angel! I didn't suspect you because you never joined in the Magic threads in the OT or Other Games. Cool!

I usually play green myself, but usually just against my sister since I'm not really involved with the local Magic community. We don't have a great number of cards, and I've been looking to buy a couple of boosters; unfortunately, it's very hard to find around here.

And Counterspell decks are fun, as long as you're the one dishing it out.
Old September 24, 2002, 05:24   #39
Frankychan
King

Oh yeah I know some Magic: The Gathering. I used to play it about 4~6 years ago. I think they were on 5th edition. Legends just came out along with some of the other expansions.....but it got ridiculous so my firends and i stopped.

We all had our different colors and different decks. My friends was Weenie Black. 4 Bad Moons, will-o-wisps, and skeletons. Along w/Zombies and Zombie Master. I was Counterspell Guy. I had so many different variations of the counterspell that no one could cast anything! All I had were Prodigal Sorcerers (I think that's what they were called) and used them to zap away at my opponents.

Green is fun when you have a whole bunch walls and a lot of Stream-of-Lifes. I got up to 100 hitpoints before my friend conceded.
Old September 24, 2002, 05:26   #40
Frankychan
King

oh, the reason i never joined the magic threads is because, like i said, i haven't played in ages!

I'd be an old fart, saying the same old stuff over and over again.
Old September 24, 2002, 10:24   #41
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:04
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62676

Old September 24, 2002, 14:25   #42
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
So Kass, how about nuking Earth (EC would finally leave us alone ) nyah, nyah, nyah...

Sovereign, please check your PMs.

Sprayber, please respond: which star-systems are available near UCS space? Plase give me a good name!
Old September 24, 2002, 16:48   #43
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Cybergod-- That's what Morgan wants to do when the Peace Conference take a...(deep, suspenseful voice)...DRAMATIC TURN. Sadly, he's just got to be content with causing some nice trouble in Tranquil City...ahahahahahahahahahhaha!
Old September 24, 2002, 18:02   #44
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
History (and everyone) I have reached a deal with Sovereign that we evacuate our colonists to a new world, a new system all to ourselves (along with Scions, who are welcome to join us, along with any AIs or extra-terrestrials ), near UCS territory. We will sign an alliance will UCS which will allow us to trade tech/energy etc but also station a small UCS fleet in our territory for early protection.

If Morgan proposes something, he should air it.... now!
Old September 24, 2002, 18:10   #45
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Oh yes, sounds like a plan to rid Sol of the Scions. Good. The TA mess will piss them majorly off.
Old September 24, 2002, 19:38   #46
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Oh yeah I know some Magic: The Gathering. I used to play it about 4~6 years ago. I think they were on 5th edition. Legends just came out along with some of the other expansions.....but it got ridiculous so my firends and i stopped.
Yeah, there're way too many expansions now. I haven't bought from most of them (I stopped buying around the time Mirage came out, because of card volume and money considerations), but I would have gone for the ones with cool names: Tempest, Exodus, Prophecy, Apocalypse, Torment, Judgment, Onslaught - every third set, which I would have liked but which would have made me a bad customer of Wizards.

Quote:
We all had our different colors and different decks. My friends was Weenie Black. 4 Bad Moons, will-o-wisps, and skeletons. Along w/Zombies and Zombie Master. I was Counterspell Guy. I had so many different variations of the counterspell that no one could cast anything! All I had were Prodigal Sorcerers (I think that's what they were called) and used them to zap away at my opponents.
Would you believe that I don't have a single Counterspell? I've bought a fair number of boosters from the (older) main sets, and I don't have even one. My sister's blue control deck is pretty decent, including Unsummon, Twiddle, and Mana Short, but no Counterspell.

Weenie Black is fun! The only type of deck I really don't like is the combo deck of the type they used to encourage (things like Time Walk are just begging to be abused. Take an extra turn after this one ends? What the *$%^?). Other than that I'm very open-minded.

Quote:
Green is fun when you have a whole bunch walls and a lot of Stream-of-Lifes. I got up to 100 hitpoints before my friend conceded.
Just another reason to go green! I play "All-Out Attack Green" with lots of Grizzly Bears and other small creatures with cute art.
Old September 24, 2002, 19:41   #47
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
That's what Morgan wants to do when the Peace Conference take a...(deep, suspenseful voice)...DRAMATIC TURN.
That sounds frightening! Are we talking total derailment or just . . . er . . . a dramatic turn?
Old September 24, 2002, 20:39   #48
History Guy
King

Well, not total derailment...there will be peace...but there will be a...DRAMATIC TURN!!
Old September 24, 2002, 21:56   #49
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Sprayber: We still have to discuss what will happen when the Hive ships enter the Laekdaemon system.
Old September 25, 2002, 02:39   #50
Frankychan
King

Mr. President-yeah, after they started bringing back the Mox's and the Black Lotus, I was all like "screw this, i'm out" and haven't played since.

No Counterspell? What? Man, that with all the other variants of the Counter can make a blue deck rock! I had one game going where it was just me w/blue vs. a friend w/red. He basically had all red spells w/that Shiva Dragon thing, ball lightnings, and other crap. I came out and dispelled his 30 hitpoint damage fireball w/that one blue card that makes you have to spend one additional mana or else it's countered (forgot the name)...Anyway, he was pretty pissed cause he used all his mana for the fireball. I like to play sneaky like that.

On to BAC stuff.....(sorry for the rambling everyone! )

I'm almost finished with a doublepost. First will deal w/Unversity, the other will cover events that have been unfolding as of late. General Tacticus-would it be alright with you to wait until I post? I will mention the Hive ships in it and will say that they will be arriving w/in the Cadre system in a coupla days. After I post, you can decide when they come in @ your discretion. Is that cool?

The Saturnian Kingdom is relocating to a Uni world? Would the S.K. like to join the soon-to-be Earth Coalition-University-Hive Triad? Eh, Cybergod?

Oh Kass-when would you like to start negotiations with the Sol System and the GHE? I'm not too sure how to start, but I think Wakazashi and the rest of the Earth Coalition has to make a last minute 'house cleaning' before Yang can talk to the new head of state. Happy hunting.
Old September 25, 2002, 02:42   #51
Frankychan
King

.....that's a lot of freekin' smilies in that last post...
Old September 25, 2002, 03:38   #52
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
I'm almost finished with a doublepost. First will deal w/Unversity, the other will cover events that have been unfolding as of late. General Tacticus-would it be alright with you to wait until I post? I will mention the Hive ships in it and will say that they will be arriving w/in the Cadre system in a coupla days. After I post, you can decide when they come in @ your discretion. Is that cool?
Fine. I still need to hear from Sprayber in any case, but I doubt the Hive ships would be able to fight their way through. They would have to either leave or be destroyed. Just to make things interesting, maybe they should arrive before the Spartans.
Old September 25, 2002, 03:51   #53
Mr. President
Emperor

Franky - The only Counterspell type card I have is Spell Blast, which requires you to pay the countered spell's casting cost and hence is not effective against 30-point Fireballs.

By the way, I think the blue card you're thinking of is Force Spike. I could be wrong.

If you feel like seeing what's going on right now in Dominia, check out www.magicthegathering.com .

Anyway, back on the topic, I imagine the triad shouldn't complicate the soon-to-be collaboration between Sorensen and the University on the Temple? At least not initially? Scientists like to pretend they aren't political.
Old September 25, 2002, 04:18   #54
Mr. President
Emperor

A thought
Where is Lonestar? I haven't seen him come in to AC-Fiction for ages, though I thought I spied his knife avatar in the OT the other day. If he doesn't turn up, we may have to declare him dead.
Old September 25, 2002, 04:29   #55
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

I've sent him a PM about it.
Old September 25, 2002, 04:31   #56
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Apparently he was last online yesterday.
Old September 25, 2002, 09:42   #57
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 03:04
Heh. I'm still alive, guys.

President The UCS isn't going to declare war on the Drones or any major faction, and will stay out of affairs unless absouletely necessary.

So it'd be somewhat like a semi-cold war between the Drones and the University. We'll still have open relations, but some guarded reservations, ya? Like USA and Russia are right now.

So I don't think scientists or expeditions would be affected. At least the UCS won't declare Sorensen an spy or arrest him, like in Nazi Germany or other totalitarian states.

Cyber Check your PM's.

Sprayber, We should set up a new "rule" system that dictates that if an author doesn't respond or post anything either in BAC or BAC discussion boards (To let us know whats up with the author) for over 3 months, that author is considered "retired" or "permament MIA".

That way, factions will open up for any interested authors who might want to join BAC in the future, keep the story going, and also be fair to everyone involved.

About Lonestar, I'd like to give him, say, 2 weeks to post here, saying whether he still wants to continue in BAC, or "retire". If he doesn't reply or post anything, informing us of his intentions, then we can consider him "retired" and then we can discuss what to do about the Protectorate, like making it an independent member like World of Trees.

What do you think of that BAC rules version 1.1 idea?

I'll check in later.
Old September 25, 2002, 10:33   #58
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Quote:
Oh yes, sounds like a plan to rid Sol of the Scions. Good. The TA mess will piss them majorly off.
not piss them off, just make them very concerned for their safety with everything currently going on and everything that will happen...

the entire Dark Planet will go poof to another system, after rest of their TA reps retreat and their people on Pluto...which may or may not cause problems with the TAF.

just the Scions need certaint things (not sure what) and will be happy to provide whatever tech in exchange... darn their personal promise to never give away the biometal...which was already broken...Sol going to hell anyway

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2002, 10:40   #59
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

sorry, but i want to play the Scions may i, pretty please? you know they are pacifist and planning to get out of Sol...out of prez, kass and history's way... and won't cause any trouble unless they give them some.
please?

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2002, 11:36   #60
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
the entire Dark Planet will go poof to another system
Excuse me? An entire planet? Moved? Oh please. The Scions could rip away all the hitech and ruin the surface, but no way in hell can even they just transfer a planet to another system.

Quote:
sorry, but i want to play the Scions
Meh, what's the purpose of your BAC - Scions thread then (which I hope will not be included to the 'official' BAC storyline)?