Old September 25, 2002, 13:48   #61
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Please people do not carry on your arguments on this thread, I beseach you...

Frankychan, I do not think the Hive would like our new system of democratic government... you'll see
Old September 25, 2002, 14:03   #62
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 03:04
Quote:
Excuse me? An entire planet? Moved? Oh please. The Scions could rip away all the hitech and ruin the surface, but no way in hell can even they just transfer a planet to another system.
My impression from Battlezone 2 is that the Dark Planet is artificial, built by an ancient civilization....hence the dark urbanized infrastructure already on it. will be a bit hard to "ruin" the surface...atleast the Scion built stuff. so why can they not discover a planetary teleporter, which is old and currently not working (will need to be fix up a bit to atleast do one teleport)? not like they are going to be a threat, especially when the teleporter will only work once and become beyond repair (atleast with current scion technology).

if people don't agree with the transfer the Dark Planet(any ideas for a better name? called Dark Planet by rest of Sol, but among scions and so on, called differently...) then split the scions into two factions...those that choose to abandon Sol and Dark Planet And those that choose to stay, despite the EC threat (if there is one).

if EC ever choose to move on the Dark Planet, then rest will fight to the death...which will be quite a battle. or atleast determined enough to ruin the world and devoid it of biometal, to prevent EC to have their hands on.

Quote:
Meh, what's the purpose of your BAC - Scions thread then (which I hope will not be included to the 'official' BAC storyline)?
your three won't allow me to write in the official story thread thats why i am asking now if i can, as the Scions.

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25, 2002, 15:44   #63
Mellian
Queen

not arguing, just asking permission to those who as said before that they will live BAC if i came back.
would like to write again anyone leaving.

-Mellian
Old September 25, 2002, 16:00   #64
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:04
Christ. I thought this had been dealt with. My blunt and short answer is - no.
Old September 25, 2002, 19:46   #65
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:04
I'd really prefer that that didn't happen. So in short, no.
Old September 25, 2002, 20:09   #66
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Heh. I'm still alive, guys.

President The UCS isn't going to declare war on the Drones or any major faction, and will stay out of affairs unless absouletely necessary.

So it'd be somewhat like a semi-cold war between the Drones and the University. We'll still have open relations, but some guarded reservations, ya? Like USA and Russia are right now.

So I don't think scientists or expeditions would be affected. At least the UCS won't declare Sorensen an spy or arrest him, like in Nazi Germany or other totalitarian states.
That sounds fine, Sovereign. I'll try and bring in the new Temple post on the weekend.

Quote:

We should set up a new "rule" system that dictates that if an author doesn't respond or post anything either in BAC or BAC discussion boards (To let us know whats up with the author) for over 3 months, that author is considered "retired" or "permament MIA".

That way, factions will open up for any interested authors who might want to join BAC in the future, keep the story going, and also be fair to everyone involved.

About Lonestar, I'd like to give him, say, 2 weeks to post here, saying whether he still wants to continue in BAC, or "retire". If he doesn't reply or post anything, informing us of his intentions, then we can consider him "retired" and then we can discuss what to do about the Protectorate, like making it an independent member like World of Trees.

What do you think of that BAC rules version 1.1 idea?

I'll check in later.
Again, that seems okay. Hopefully Lonestar will come in soon.
Old September 25, 2002, 22:47   #67
Mellian
Queen

hmm, okay. will simply ask again next week, and the week after until i get a yes. law of average always prevails.

-Mellian

Last edited by Mellian; September 26, 2002 at 09:36.
Old September 25, 2002, 23:00   #68
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I don't understand what's going on, so I can't answer....

So, I'll just stick to talking about what I know

Good to see your still alive and kicking Sovereign. My apologies for dragging my butt the past coupla weeks. I'm almost finished.

Mr. Prez-forgot to mention that in the doublepost I'm going to start the ball rolling on the Drone activity in Hive territory.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2002, 03:38   #69
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
I'm going to start the ball rolling on the Drone activity in Hive territory.
Sounds good.

Oh, can someone tell me what Mellian said? She's on my ignore list.
Old September 26, 2002, 09:32   #70
Mellian
Queen

Good! now i just need kass and history to do that, so they won't know i am writing in BAC afterwards

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 17:22   #71
Sprayber
Emperor

GeneralTacticus: Your right that the Spartans should get there after the Hive fleet. The course of events can be determined after that. Me you and Franky can then see what happens. The Spartans would be seeking proof as to who these people are for sure.

Franky, are these guys Hive personal or all mercenaries?

CyberGod: Are you wanting to add a new colonly or move entirely your whole faction. If you are moving entirely you have to realize that it will take a long time to get set up again. AS far as where. Space is a big place. I'll let you kind of pick where but keep in mind that you have to go through the process of having ships out there looking for planets.

Mellian Sorry Mellian. But no.

Kass Dont worry Kass, that story is not apart of BAC.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2002, 17:39   #72
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
Sprayber - it will be a total move of the faction. Belters, Scions and other free-thinkers (other EC opposers... nyah nyah nyah ) will be absorbed in it. You will see as I get the story going, but I have loads of stuff here (home) to catch up on... :sigh: (there should really be a smilie for a sigh)
Old September 26, 2002, 18:08   #73
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
Quote:
GeneralTacticus: Your right that the Spartans should get there after the Hive fleet. The course of events can be determined after that. Me you and Franky can then see what happens. The Spartans would be seeking proof as to who these people are for sure.
The idea I have for it is that the Hive ships will enter the system and head towards Laekdaemonpreparing to fight the Cadre fleet, which will pll back rather than fight a battle ti can't win. The Spartans will then show up and demand that the Hive ships leave, but due to their position relative to the Hive, can't stop them in any way other than by oening fire. They do so, and defeat the Hive ships, leaving Lysander without orbital support.

How does that sound? How would Yang react to that?
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26, 2002, 21:02   #74
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Good! now i just need kass and history to do that, so they won't know i am writing in BAC afterwards

-Mellian
Do you not get the Hint? It has been decided. write all you want to but not the BAC thread.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old September 26, 2002, 21:06   #75
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

The idea I have for it is that the Hive ships will enter the system and head towards Laekdaemonpreparing to fight the Cadre fleet, which will pll back rather than fight a battle ti can't win. The Spartans will then show up and demand that the Hive ships leave, but due to their position relative to the Hive, can't stop them in any way other than by oening fire. They do so, and defeat the Hive ships, leaving Lysander without orbital support.

How does that sound? How would Yang react to that?
It sounds ok to me General
Old September 26, 2002, 21:16   #76
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
The Republic of Australia, a protectorate of the American Empire
I've thought several times that we should get a new flag replacing the Union Jack with the Stars and Stripes.
Old September 26, 2002, 22:11   #77
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Do you not get the Hint? It has been decided. write all you want to but not the BAC thread.
yes i have, but i am stubborn so i was told.

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 22:12   #78
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

I've thought several times that we should get a new flag replacing the Union Jack with the Stars and Stripes.
been reading some Harry Turtledove have we?

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 22:16   #79
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
been reading some Harry Turtledove have we?
No. Just that we're far more a colony of America atm than of Britain, so we might as well make it official.
Old September 26, 2002, 23:21   #80
Mr. President
Emperor

Yes, sorry about the location field. It's just that I support the idea of Australia becoming a Republic, and I'm an American by birth who lives in Melbourne, so I put the two together and somehow that's what came out.
Old September 27, 2002, 01:50   #81
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

yes i have, but i am stubborn so i was told.

-Mellian
You can believe what you want. Right now you only prove what a disruption you are. I'm now asking you to stop posting in the thread.
Old September 27, 2002, 07:22   #82
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 10:04
Hmmm... I believe I see what appears to be an argument of some sort, but I have no idea what it's all about.

Ah well! I guess nobody did call the Peacekeepers...

Besides, I'm not much of a Peacekeeper anymore anyway. -At least not in this galaxy... So, I'm gonna be on my way again. Perhaps I'll see some of you later.

Bye 4 now.

Guardian
Old September 27, 2002, 21:20   #83
Mr. President
Emperor

In the spirit of my quantum computing link:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62877
Old September 27, 2002, 21:50   #84
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 04:04
Mellian got ejected from BAC?

Incidently, the Protectorate mad a return with a Bang in my post.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27, 2002, 23:00   #85
Mr. President
Emperor

Welcome back, Lonestar.

Who's Chan? I must have missed that part . . .
Old September 27, 2002, 23:17   #86
Mellian
Queen

Sprayber: how i'm i being disruptive? i was simply asking, nothing wrong with that.

Lonestar: Yes, ever since i came back and said hello, then was shot down like crazy because apparently prez, kass and history hates my guts because what i done before as realism monitor, which Sprayber asked me to do, and then being immature by not letting the past go and not accept any compromises, even thought they tell me i cannot do that they think i will be the end of BAC if come back, even thought they are the ones threatening to leave and kill BAC if I started writing for BAC again. Now Sprayber is simply making me look like some immature annoying troublemaker and now will probably try to get me banned completly after this message. simply want to write for the Scions, which will end up abandoning Sol along with Cybergod's saturn kingdom folks, and anyone else interested, because of the coming collapse of TA and the reign of terror by EC, to go off establish themselves elsewhere where they can form a new star nation...which will be out of morganites, drones and Coalition direct influencial zones. Yet, they cannot agree with that, not even if i am willing to accept all sort of compromises to limit my say in BAC.

anyway, how have you been Lonestar?

-Mellian
Old September 27, 2002, 23:24   #87
Mr. President
Emperor

Attn. Sovereign: I finally managed to bring in a new Temple-related story. The reference point of the starmap is Spira, presumably associated with the Berrik complex which I think you proposed should be an economic center of the ancient civilization. How does it look to you?
Old September 27, 2002, 23:27   #88
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
how i'm i being disruptive?
You've been told, Mellian, that your input is not desired or required. And yet you keep posting. What would you call it?
Old September 28, 2002, 00:00   #89
Mellian
Queen

was told by you, kass and history, that is why i said i wouldn't comment anything on what you people do in BAC... didn't say i wouldn't with the rest of the writers.

besides, are you not suppose to be ignoring me?

-Mellian
Old September 28, 2002, 04:55   #90
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
wow, Guardian and Lonestar in the same page??? Good to see you guys are still alive and kicking!

And Sprayber making multiple postings? This is a rare treat! Good to see your still here as well!

Down to business:

Spray-the Hive ships being sent are made to look like merc's but are manned by elite Hive personnel. This'll make the altercation more interesting to say the least...

GenTac-Yang won't be too happy to see his "care package" not get to it's intended target. In fact, I think he may be very, VERY, angry.

Cybergod-hmmm, The Saturnian Kingdom would benefit much more w/a Police State than a Democracy!

Lonestar-good to see your training is going ok. But couldn't you have discussed w/us about your post? I guess it's all good. BTW, is this:

Quote:
The news of the alliance with the GHE was slowly leaking out, and as expected, there was great indignation amongst some that Earth would even be dealing with a Barbarian like Chan.
A little jab at me? it's all good. I thought you forgot my potshots that I took at Lord Ian!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote