Old October 7, 2002, 18:51   #181
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:04
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
That might be a bit difficult, seeing as how I have him on my ignore list and have no intention of removing him...
I only take him off my own ignore list to write down his latest Nazi propaganda statements. So I know where you're coming from.

Quote:
Spartan Intelligence has intercepted information dealing with a dark planet outside the orbit of Pluto in the Sol system.
Whoa. Freaky.

Quote:
Btw, is AC Fiction of Poly the only AC Fiction community over the internet? Are there any others?
A site known as The Arrival used to have an AC Fiction section. It's been dead for well over a year, though. I stumbled across a forum once that had a Planetary Council sub-forum and a fiction section. I was going to register, but then I realized that the last post was in October 2000. So I think we may be the last of our kind.
Old October 7, 2002, 23:43   #182
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:04
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I remember seeing one other website that had AC Fiction....but I can't seem to find it now... oh well....

Hmmm, I'm thinking about capitalizing the 'F' in my name. How do I do it again?

"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2002, 01:04   #183
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

You might have to ask a staff member. I think Ming can arrange these things.
Old October 8, 2002, 01:06   #184
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

ok, just PM him?
Old October 8, 2002, 01:09   #185
Mr. President
Emperor

That should do it.
Old October 8, 2002, 01:14   #186
Frankychan
King

thanks man!

Just sent the PM.
Old October 8, 2002, 01:22   #187
Mr. President
Emperor

Cool.

Now you should get your name in the Name Change Log in the Apolyton / Community forum.
Old October 8, 2002, 01:29   #188
Frankychan
King

Ming closed it. But I think my name is pimping enough
Old October 8, 2002, 02:52   #189
Mr. President
Emperor

Lookin' good!

Seems like everyone's changing their usernames now. Well, a lot of people anyway. I happen to like mine. The most I could do, I suppose, is remove the period to conform with Australian conventions. But I personally think it looks cool now.
Old October 8, 2002, 03:20   #190
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:04
It's funny really. I made something like 14 posts yesterday (about half of them in the Rec Commons), and now I can't seem to make a single one.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2002, 03:34   #191
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
"Sprayber is simply making me look like some immature annoying troublemaker." -- Mellian
Where did that one come from? I don't recall seeing it in any of her posts...
Old October 8, 2002, 03:36   #192
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Actually it would seem that my post above isn't so true after all.
Old October 8, 2002, 03:52   #193
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

And, what will probably be the last post in a set of four: where's History Guy? The last post he made anywhere relating to AC was was a week ago, but he's still posting like mad in the C3DG forum.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:29   #194
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Where did that one come from? I don't recall seeing it in any of her posts...
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=5

Quote:
where's History Guy?
Hm. I think we should check out this "C3DG". Might be a communist brainwashing front.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:31   #195
Mr. President
Emperor

You know, this project has done more for my postcount than the combined time I've spent in Democracy Games. We're tempting fate if the moderators ever decide to crack down on the Alpha Centauri zone.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:48   #196
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthre...20&pagenumber=5
Ah, thanks.

Quote:
Hm. I think we should check out this "C3DG". Might be a communist brainwashing front.
Quote:
You know, this project has done more for my postcount than the combined time I've spent in Democracy Games. We're tempting fate if the moderators ever decide to crack down on the Alpha Centauri zone.
Maybe we should do some 'budget cutbacks' as an excuse to wipe our old posts... or maybe we should keep them as a monument for posterity.
Old October 8, 2002, 06:51   #197
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Maybe we should do some 'budget cutbacks' as an excuse to wipe our old posts... or maybe we should keep them as a monument for posterity.
Like for a "Where Are They Now" sort of thing?
Old October 8, 2002, 07:00   #198
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

What's that?
Old October 8, 2002, 07:03   #199
Mr. President
Emperor

Haven't you seen that? It's where they dig up TV stars from the 80s and show video footage of them handing people large fries and Diet Cokes last week.
Old October 8, 2002, 07:05   #200
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

Quote:
Haven't you seen that? It's where they dig up TV stars from the 80s and show video footage of them handing people large fries and Diet Cokes last week.
No, but I don't watch much TV anyway.
Old October 8, 2002, 13:56   #201
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
Hello y'all! prepare for the latest instalments from "Confessions from the Royal Briefing Rooms" I posted a mediocre post, just to fill in about our plans or the so called Algorithm B

And Franky, sorry for taking the p!ss! BTW, the avatar was from some new bands' website, my friend was looking through them (the one's she likes are the likes of Linkin Park, Marylin Manson, Ozzy Osbourne... makes me puke ) and I saw the picture and just froze - avatar, my avatar, where have you been all my (apolyton) life??? So I copy/pasted it in Paint Shop Pro and voila.
Old October 8, 2002, 15:34   #202
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:04
You know Cybergod if your faction is anti-hive, the Spartan Federation could be a very powerful ally. Maybe enough to offer protection to any colonly set up.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8, 2002, 18:34   #203
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:04
I don't know, we have already planed an alliance with the UCS so this would be ackward but alliances in Alpha Centauri are weird anyways so we'll keep good magmanimous relations with you! Actually, we'd like to keep good relations with all the human factions as much as possible and will try to spread our influence in the future. Although we will evade war, we'd love to use covert ops! :naughtygrin:

But we'll see - its nearly midnight - gotta go
Old October 9, 2002, 21:29   #204
Frankychan
King

that's all good Cyber.

Spray-already drumming up support? I think it'd be pretty interesting to have complex alliances, just like in the game. That way, things aren't so "cut-and-dry" in the BAC universe.
Old October 10, 2002, 19:04   #205
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 04:04
And, of course, the GHE *still* doesn't know it's listening post was wiped out....
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10, 2002, 20:20   #206
Mr. President
Emperor

Maybe Franky just didn't feel like writing a post about Emperor Yang standing in the middle of the floor saying "I now know that the listening post was wiped out".
Old October 11, 2002, 05:41   #207
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:04
Something I've been meaning to do is give out a list of other independent worlds.

The Benard Federation:Settled by many groups including PK, Terran, Morgan, and Drone. Large Believer community exists there. Neautral when dealing with other goverments. Suffcient defense force but not much in the way of attack capability. They control the whole system but have few off world holdings.

Concordia CompactSettled originally by Peacekeepers that wanted to get away from the rest of their faction. Eventually settlers from University, some Morganites and Drones have also settled there. Concordia is currently neautral and enjoys diplomatic contact with most goverments. For the most part they have a demorcratic goverment and smallish defense capability.

Devon Free Hold:Decedents of Believer and various colonists. Highly centralized goverment structure. Located near the Cadre homeword.

Minos: Located at the conjuction of Spartan, PK, Believer territory. Minos is a refuge planet. Not much in the way of culture here. Groups stay to themselves and pretty much govern their own small territory. Some groups posses the means to leave the planet at their will but do not posses the means to take over control of planet. There are Believer elements on Minos comprised of monks and missionaries. They are there to bring the faith to the population. No real Planatary government at all. Treaty between Sparta and the PKs prevent any side from claiming Minos. Same treaty has traditionally kept other near by powers from trying as well. Minos is so unimportant that the expense of maintaining control would far outweigh rewards.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11, 2002, 11:48   #208
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 08:04
Well in honor of my upcomming 20th birthday (which I am calling it the celeberation of 2 decades of Silence)

And the fact that I probably got an free A+ on the philosophy final, I decided to take some free time and write a post. The Hammer of God have been taken care of now.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12, 2002, 04:35   #209
Mr. President
Emperor

Spectacular!

Ah, yes, before I forget . . .

Happy Birthday in advance!

Wish I had a free A+

Old October 12, 2002, 08:13   #210
Frankychan
King

Happy Berfday Silence! (pre-birthday, anyway)

Don't party too hard!