Old October 17, 2002, 08:49   #241
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:05
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. It kinda sparked off since I was soon running into a deadline with an article to the school paper (so I wrote BAC instead )

Alas, but I can't write too much before HG shows up! The peace conference is next on, and he needs to preface it. We have big plans. : evil :

Pay heed to the new smileys, btw.

- : band :
- : idiot :
- : bounce :
- : argue :
- : good :
- : tongue :
- : shame :

There's more but I can't remember them.
Old October 17, 2002, 08:57   #242
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Oh! Me yesterday writing that article: : wall :
Old October 17, 2002, 14:19   #243
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 09:05
hello peeps, sorry i dont say hello much, but the i never realised that emotions are not like a quitet placcid lake but more like a friggin storm...
Old October 18, 2002, 01:42   #244
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 22:05
Local Date: October 31, 2010
ahh, it's all good. I hope things aren't what they are being implied here, Cybergod. :sad:

Kass- i love the smilies!

"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2002, 02:45   #245
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:05
new smilies =
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18, 2002, 06:33   #246
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- : unworthy : (when addressing the thread god )

- : bash : - no comment
Old October 18, 2002, 17:04   #247
Cybergod
Prince

so, how do you guys handle a breakup?
Old October 18, 2002, 17:05   #248
Cybergod
Prince

of a very emotional relationship
Old October 18, 2002, 17:37   #249
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Er, getting over someone I've done only for a week or two, but I'd recommend a healthy dose of good music (dunno if you're the metal type, I like rock, techno and new age more, metal is supposed to be good), hanging out with your best friends, concentrating on arts (like writing, poems might help, don't worry if they are crud, mine are always and I still write them ), just anything to get your mind elsewhere.
Old October 18, 2002, 23:08   #250
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

oooh, that's a tough one Cyber.

Personally, I haven't been good w/long term relationships. I've seen girls, but haven't been all that interested in a committed relationship.

For me, what I try to do is not see the girl for a while and just hang with my friends to try and get over her. Kinda talk w/my closer friends about how I feel. After a while, if I see the old "flame" i crack a few jokes to lighten the tension, then start up a conversation like,

Hi your are you doing....so what're you up to now....

Then give the "oh, I'm doing alright." Kinda stuff.

But mostly, just hang out w/your friends to help keep your mind offa her.....at least, that's what I do.
Old October 19, 2002, 04:50   #251
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 18:05
Breaking up is never easy. The most I can say is to try and get on with things. I don't mean to be glib, it's just that the longer you spend dwelling on the old relationship, the longer it'll take you to get over it. I think Franky pretty much covered it. I know that sometimes you feel like , but try and remember that it's not the end of the world.

As for my sections of the story, I'm going to re-tool the mystical journey of Sam and Brian to Sparta Command when I get a chance. Since I have exams in a week and two days, that might not be for a while. Instead of writing I'm either studying or trying to crack Final Fantasy II (IV). Yesterday I got up to Zeromus for the first time ever but he absolutely massacred me.
Old October 19, 2002, 11:27   #252
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:05
hey all. sorry for my absense. there is one way to get over one. we all have our ways. my advice is to continue to do the things that you love to do and, if the situation premits, continue to be her friend. It will be difficult but in the end it will mean a lot.

about to post another post about kessel on Friraxis. Where is History Guy?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2002, 14:14   #253
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*kicks History Guy's sleeping body*
Old October 19, 2002, 17:26   #254
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:05
Whaaa?! Oh! I'm awake...sorta...(blast, must have been this algebra that made me doze off...).

As for the Peace Conference, sorry I hadn't already done that. Have a bad memory, and for some reason, whenever I've popped in lately I've...alack!...forgotten to check in here...(eyes the guns everyone suddenly pulls out)...but I'll remember from now often!

Yeah...I forgot...CEO Morgan actually does need to get there before the conference starts...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2002, 15:25   #255
Kassiopeia
Emperor

The plot thickens...
Old October 20, 2002, 18:41   #256
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Mondo bizarro . . .
Old October 20, 2002, 20:29   #257
Frankychan
King

Huh?

Old October 20, 2002, 20:38   #258
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Strange world", not sure what language, maybe Spanish or a mix of that and some other language.

A strange world indeed. I am now unofficially a total mess. I sent the following (with a little preface) to... well this girl I've known for a bit under a year. A girl who I... I don't know. Sometimes I disdain her, sometimes I feel unconditional love, sometimes I feel like strangling her, sometimes like kissing her.

Quote:
Minä en välitä kummastakaan heistä jotka minusta välittävät (vanhemmat). Hän josta minä välitän ei tunnu minusta välittävän (sinä). En tiedä miksi, en todellakaan, mutta minulle on vain jotenkin selvää että vain sinä voit auttaa minua. Auta minua. Lyö minua, hauku minua, potkaise minua... Halaa, suutele, rakasta, vihaa, inhoa, moiti. AUTA MINUA. TUNNE EDES JOTAIN. Minä pyydän. VÄLITÄ MINUSTA.
Which roughly translates to:

I don't care for those who care of me (my family). The only one I care about doesn't care about me (you). I don't know why, but for some reason I am sure that only you can help me. Help me. Hit me, insult me, kick me... hug me, kiss me, love me, hate me, dispise me, diss me. HELP ME. FEEL AT LEAST SOMETHING. Please. CARE ABOUT ME.

What's sickening is that that's the core truth. She is the only person on this world I really care about. No offence to you guys, I do respect you and all, but care? No. There's only one, her.

God, I'm a mess. It's 3:35 in the morning. School starts in four and a half hours. Well, not for me. I'm taking the day off. Maybe even tomorrow.

Don't worry about me stopping writing Greg and Filky. Hell no, I'm just getting started!

Maybe I am heading to where I've dreamed to be. Becoming the Philip K. Dick of the 21th Century.

Edit - no, I've no plan of killing myself or anyone. First off I'm against all killing, secondly I wouldn't have the guts, thirdly I see no reason to end my life (as my aforementioned dream proves).

I don't know why I posted this here, but please don't feel sorry or sympathetic for me. It would be irrelevant for me. If 'I'm sorry' is all you can do, don't comment. I could appreciate some advice how to keep my head straight, because I've grown attached to my sanity over time. Sense of humour isn't forbidden either, I'm currently very amused by my state of mind.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; October 20, 2002 at 21:00.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20, 2002, 21:37   #259
Frankychan
King

Hey Kass,

Don't worry, man. I think everyone has been down similar paths as yours (myself included) and from what I have been through, it sucks big time. If you gotta take a break, i say do it....Sometimes I've been such a mess I'll do stupid crap and not care.

Hmmm, what do I think? Honestly, like I was telling Cyber, you just gotta find something to keep your mind preoccupied. Hang w/your friends and talk to those you are confident in telling what's bothering you. You should also watch a movie that you find hilarious (honestly, I've watched The Simpsons when I'm down and it helps to laugh)....it puts things into perspective when you hear yourself laugh.

All this is subjective but take it from me when I say I've been down a similar path both of you are going. Also, writing what your feeling and thinking helps too. Just finding some way to vent your thoughts and emotions helps a BIG deal.
Old October 20, 2002, 21:54   #260
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Don't worry, man. I think everyone has been down similar paths as yours (myself included) and from what I have been through, it sucks big time. If you gotta take a break, i say do it....Sometimes I've been such a mess I'll do stupid crap and not care.
Oh, by no means do I think this condition is somehow unique. Actually, I didn't realize my own instability until I noticed it in this fictional character. Could be I'm just mimicking his behaviour, but if I believe I feel this and this, I trust I feel so, because if I can't trust my own feelings, then what can I?

Quote:
you just gotta find something to keep your mind preoccupied. Hang w/your friends and talk to those you are confident in telling what's bothering you. You should also watch a movie that you find hilarious (honestly, I've watched The Simpsons when I'm down and it helps to laugh)....it puts things into perspective when you hear yourself laugh.
*glances at video rack* Monty Python and the Holy Grail... will do. That, or reading some Pratchett. Besides, like I said, I can derive humour from this situation too.

Quote:
Also, writing what your feeling and thinking helps too. Just finding some way to vent your thoughts and emotions helps a BIG deal.
Ah, that's why I probably posted here. Good thinking. I agree, I would've probably blown a fuse or something if I hadn't posted here.

But now, I'm going to go to bed and take the day off. My maths studies (just got to logarithms) will suffer, but luckily I've no intention of seeking a profession where maths is needed...

Thanks for the advice.
Old October 20, 2002, 22:07   #261
Mr. President
Emperor

Hang in there, Kassiopeia. I think Franky's said most of it, but if you don't mind, I'd like to share something that I unexpectedly found in the mediocre writing of J. Robert King: Don't fear pain, and don't fear loss, and don't fear desire. They're very human emotional states. They remind us that we're alive. And, most important of all, they're survivable. One day the pain will be gone and you'll still be here, and the sun will still shine, and the earth will still turn.
Old October 20, 2002, 22:11   #262
Mr. President
Emperor

Quote:
Mondo bizarro . . .
Quote:
"Strange world", not sure what language, maybe Spanish or a mix of that and some other language.
Correct. It's actually bastardized Minnesota schoolyard pseudo-Spanish.
Old October 21, 2002, 09:54   #263
Sovereign
Prince

Guys, I won't be able to post my story thread until I arrive back home for Thanksgiving. When I arrive home, I'll be able to sign onto Apolyton for longer than 30 minutes, which is what I'm limited to here using the college computer.

I feel like when I have my ideas and plots already written out in my mind, but unable to do it on Apolyton on my computer in my room. But luckily and hopefully, my other computer at home won't have trouble with Apolyton and log-in.

So sit tight for 3 weeks, then I'll blaze in with 1 or 2 story posts before I return to college.

Laters.
Old October 21, 2002, 12:27   #264
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Good thing I took today off. I haven't slept over 10 hours for over a month. Not even on weekends.

I might even write a new post during the evening... that or do some schoolwork. Probably the first.

Quote:
Correct. It's actually bastardized Minnesota schoolyard pseudo-Spanish.
I guess I'd make a good linguist if I was arsed to learn something else then English and Latin. :cute.
Old October 22, 2002, 21:44   #265
Sprayber
Emperor

I had some time so I sat down and prepared a little map of Sparta Prime. I thought it would be appropriate. I'll flesh it out later with more details.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	map2.gif
Views:	72
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	27634  
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old October 23, 2002, 04:51   #266
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Sprayber: Can you do the post for the Spartans arriving in Laekdaemon or shall I?
Old October 23, 2002, 10:29   #267
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Sprayber: Can you do the post for the Spartans arriving in Laekdaemon or shall I?

I'll include it in my latest post. well, probably more than one post considereing how much I have to put in. Sorry for the delays. There are lots going on here.
Old October 25, 2002, 15:10   #268
Kassiopeia
Emperor

This, people, is my next large project (novel length, hopefully). A large episodicish epic of philosophical and metaphysical science fiction, taking place 30 to 40 years from today.
Any connections with Neon Genesis Evangelion are coincidental. I'm serious. Most of this stuff was originally thought of by me before I saw it.

Enigma in the Sky

Chapter Zero - Introduction

More then twenty years ago, a massive life form appeared out of thin air, hovering over the Atlantic Ocean. Communication and research was attempted, but to no end result. Three days went past, until it attacked. Nobody knows why - the only thing that is certain is, that it caused everything in the coastal areas of Northern America and Europe to be devastated in a tumult of tidal waves. The counter offensive of Mankind was equally swift and strong.

Eight years later. The threat re-emerged - this time with the arrival of six smaller, but equally strang beings, now called 'Enigmas'. All meager attempts of contact ended quickly, as the world came to an end - a nuclear power that's leaders succumbed to total panic used all the arsenal they had. Four Enigmas were destroyed; one disappeared to be later detected orbiting the Moon; and one remained intact, and is even today floating in the air over the Arctic, dormant but probably preparing itself for a renewed attack.

Six million humans lived, all of them living in habitats under the ocean, as space on ground had become sparse. One third of them were, suprisingly enough, Finnish. In one night their language was second to English in size when measured with speakers; in one night they controlled all high-end technology along with the Japanese; in one night, they possessed the only working fusion reactor in the world.

The year is 2032. Mankind has resurrected. Technology flourishes and in short time the world population has doubled. The United States have risen also, and are striving for hegemony, the World Government lead by Japan and Finland being their only adversary.

But despite several assaults, one Enigma remains in the atmosphere. Religious cults, blaming the use of forbidden and unholy technology for the cataclysm, are disrupting undersea life by continous terrorist attacks.

And a certain Finnish scientist firmly believes that a Third and the final Wave awaits them in two years. Preparations are being made; defence satellites orbit the planet, a huge battleship is under construction, and the starship Viimeinen toivo, 'Last Hope', is making it's way to the star system Centauri on an exploration mission.

But that is not enough. The scientist, who has survived both the First and Second Waves, with a violent and mysterious past, is certain that unless Man can find a way to solve the secret of the Enigma in time, it will cease to exctinct as a form of life.

And he will do anything he can to prevent it.

First off, I'm doing my best at fighting clichés and stereotypes. E.g. the US - WG match won't be anti-American, not by a mile.

This will be my first shot at a long, carrying, twisting multi-threaded plot. It probably won't work, but I still want to try.

Chapter Zero won't start the novel, though. It's a little practice work, made to clear my head up a bit. I didn't even mention the main characters there, for instance...

(btw - there is a good (hope so) explanation in there how we made it to spaces in under 20 years after total devastation. I'd suggest not reading this if you're the sort that looks for fact ****ups in Star Trek all the time. Besides, I'm gonna have telepathy there (I think). That should already scare away people with a faulty SoD organ.)

Last edited by Kassiopeia; October 25, 2002 at 15:24.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2002, 20:44   #269
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

SoD organ?
Old October 26, 2002, 03:50   #270
Mr. President
Emperor

Suspension of Disbelief. I think.

Sounds like a neat premise. Best of luck, and I hope you sell a million!