Old September 17, 2002, 06:24   #1
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 10:08
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Two leaders in the same turn. Now we're talking ...
I was preparing for a war with the aztecs for a long time. They rule about 1/2 of the world and are (were ) the biggest power (with something like 70+ cavalries and 100+ infantries on a regular map) and I knew they will attack me sooner or later.

It was a huge attack but an even more impressive counter-attack (I'm sure they didn't count on it ). To make the story short, after I weakened them with my 30+ artilleries, I attacked them in force. After several battles: bang, a leader (the first one in this game). Quickly I made an army and continued to attack. After several more battles bang: the next leader! In the same turn!!!

I'm keeping this one for the SETI program (I have a few more turns until computers) and building in the meantime the Military Academy.
Btw, the Heroic Epic can be built only in peaceful years? Because I can't build it, yet.

Maybe for a warmonger this it is not such an accomplishment, but for me, who rarely got one or two leaders per game, it felt that it was an extraordinary luck.

Nice game (unfortunately, I don't have patience for long lasting wars).
--Woody Allen

Last edited by Tiberius; September 17, 2002 at 06:30.
Old September 17, 2002, 06:33   #2
bongo
lifer
PtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafPtWDG Neu DemogypticaCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeIron CiversC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:08
You can't build the Herioc Epic until you've had a victorious army. So load up your army and go bonk some head
Old September 17, 2002, 06:37   #3
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 00:08
Re: Two leaders in the same turn. Now we're talking ...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tiberius

Btw, the Heroic Epic can be built only in peaceful years? Because I can't build it, yet.
As Bongo pointed out you must have a VICTORIOUS army. There is also the possibility the you have MOBILIZED in which case you may not be able to build it unless it counts as a military improvement.

If you can't build temple or universties then you mobilized.
Old September 17, 2002, 07:02   #4
Tiberius
PtWDG LegolandCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

My army won several times.
I am in mobilization. That's what I've asked (but probably not with the proper wording: "peaceful years"= not mobilized): is the Heroic Epic considered to be a military improvement ? I guess not.
--Woody Allen
Old September 17, 2002, 07:17   #5
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 00:08
I looked up the Heroic Epic in the editor.

Its religious only. Some Wonders do have militaristic checked so I guess you can build those while mobilized.
Old September 17, 2002, 08:04   #6
Tiberius
Emperor

Is this true also for great wonders? So, when I'm going to discover Computers, will I be able to build the SETI program beiing mobilized?
--Woody Allen
Old September 17, 2002, 08:15   #7
Zachriel
King

Local Time: 04:08
Re: Two leaders in the same turn. Now we're talking ...
Quote:
After several battles: bang, a leader (the first one in this game). Quickly I made an army and continued to attack. After several more battles bang: the next leader! In the same turn!!!
Great work, Tiberius Caesar Augustus!

Good demonstration of how important it is to use your Great Leader as soon as possible during war-time. (As you know, you can't get a second Great Leader until the first one has been used.)
Old September 17, 2002, 08:16   #8
zeh
Civilization III PBEM
Warlord

Local Time: 05:08
Quote:
Is this true also for great wonders? So, when I'm going to discover Computers, will I be able to build the SETI program beiing mobilized?
No. SETI don't have the military flag, so you can build it only while you are not mobilized.
Old September 17, 2002, 08:27   #9
vulture
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4DG Gathering Storm
King

If you want to know what you can or can't build during mobilisation (or want to know anything at all about mobilisation) then the best bet is to read Catt's summary in Fundamentals of Mobilization Revealed
Old September 17, 2002, 08:53   #10
Tiberius
Emperor

Thanks for the link. Great stuff.

So this is why I can't build the Heroic Epic and also won't be able to build the SETI program. I knew about the buildings but not about the wonders. Damn, I must have gone for Fission, instead of Computers, or I must end the war (which is not very desirable, given the fact that I already have tanks while they don't; also I haven't manage to weaken them enough, yet).

Btw, I forgot to tell that I am NOT militaristic (playing with the Persia).
--Woody Allen
Old September 17, 2002, 09:07   #11
fittstim
Warlord

I don't know if anything changed in the 1.29 patch but the occurance of leaders has dwindles significantly lately.

Anyway, I remember reading a thread where a guy said he got nine (9) leaders in one turn. The most I've ever gotten was two. But that happened fairly often during peak war turns (not anymore sadly ).
Old September 17, 2002, 09:16   #12
Moonsinger
Warlord

Local Time: 02:08
I got 5 in one turn, but then again I also destroyed over 100 enemy units (each having only 1 HP left) during that turn.
Old September 17, 2002, 12:21   #13
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:08
With 129f I have had 55 leaders in a huge map and 26 on a std map. The most in one turn was 4, one on defense that was killed. Funny in between got less than 5 in a game? All civs were military types.
Old September 17, 2002, 13:57   #14
Moonsinger
Warlord

Local Time: 02:08
Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
With 129f I have had 55 leaders in a huge map.
Me too! I got 55 leaders in one of my game but I was too afraid to talk about it. It came to the point where I was praying for not getting any more leader, but they kept popping up and there was nothing I could do to stop that from happening. I was playing for a tournament and I was worrying that someone may get jealous of my good fortune, so I tried not to talk about it.