Old September 18, 2002, 16:30   #31
leftover_crack
Settler

Local Time: 08:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Am I striking some sort of chord with you folks?

Apparently some people are offended...
Old September 18, 2002, 16:30   #32
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Local Time: 03:13
I am not ignorant nor blind. I understand perfectly what the Bush administration is trying to accomplish and I support it 100%.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:31   #33
Dom Pedro II
King

Oh, and BTW, I don't think of American "patriots" who post this crap as scapegoats, but rather as government sheep. Different animal entirely....

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old September 18, 2002, 16:32   #34
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
I am not ignorant nor blind. I understand perfectly what the Bush administration is trying to accomplish and I support it 100%.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:34   #35
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Ehhh, I'm sick of this back and forth crap about America, but hell, I've got nothing better to do.

It's not America's practices. It's a powerful nation. Of course, its going to exert itself on other people. What's wrong with America is the self-righteous and the absolute denial of any wrong-doing that is the problem.

If America just fessed up to the fact that its not doing anything different than any other empire, then I personally wouldn't have any beef.
The problem is that America can't do that. America is the shinning light of liberty, freedom and truth. America is the best hope for peace, not only in our time, but in world history. I was lucky to be born here. Hopefully, as time passes, the freedoms we take for granted here can be made reality across the world.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:36   #36
leftover_crack
Settler

Plus considering the opinions of the rest of the world about 9-11 at the moment are plain silly. I saw in a poll 20% of the Dutch population believed the CIA was behind 9-11. Thats just plain retarded.

Why not speculate that america is enslaving Aliens trained to take control of arabs and hijack planes into buildings. Same amount of credibility.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:36   #37
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:13
Quote:
Originally posted by leftover_crack
"I don't know many Europeans who would use the phrase "Reject-hippie f@gs"

Just a misunderstanding.

Fag in straight america does NOT mean gay. But loser..Backwards..a general derogatory remark. Its been like that for 20 years.

Thats why only americans say things like "This is gay" or "Person X is a fag"

and its not that we dont like fags or anything. Just 99% of us wouldnt say those things around them.
That is complete bulls***. The reason both gay and fag mean loser is because they mean homsexual. When you say that you are saying someone is a loser because they are homsexual. Learn some f**king etymology if you're gonna talk about the meanings of words.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old September 18, 2002, 16:36   #38
Flare
Chieftain

~Laughter~ Methinks that I have started something! ~Chuckles~ Ah, well. What is so bad is that there is some truth to the bashing, but I also think that there is more than tha. ~Grins evilly~ No, I do not follow anybody blindly. I know that 3 / 4 of the leaders here are either corrupt or fools. ~Shrugs~ But our government has been built with some safeguards. It is when those are removed or by-passed that the real troubles begin. ~Shrugs~ That is life though.

Thanks for posting everyone!

P.S. - Vel, are you causing trouble AGAIN?!? It is bad enough that we have jimmytrick here!!! ~WEG~
Old September 18, 2002, 16:37   #39
Dom Pedro II
King

Wow... you actually believe that crap too, don't you, jimmy? Well, I suppose the world has to be filled with some starry-eyed idealists. If it were only filled with cynics, then there wouldn't be any schmucks left to elect people like Dubya.

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...
Old September 18, 2002, 16:39   #40
Fitz
King

Local Time: 00:13
Quote:
ahh hippies. And you see why we dont like Europe? We are somehow automatically labeled Hypo-conservatives or evil Fascists. Which is funny cause im a libertarian and voted for Browne

HIPPIES!
Nah, I'm an anarchist (sort of), but I can't stand most hippy philosophies.

And if you're a libertarian you are pretty close to a hyper conservative. Once the party was hijacked a few years ago, they became second only to the Christian Coalition as far as social conservatism. The libertarian party is more conservative than the majority of republican party members.

Personally I think that most people here who claim to be libertarians don't even realize what kind of party they are supporting. They all seem to think it's the party of 5 years ago.

You wont catch me throwing around the term Fascist though.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:57   #41
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

O'course! I couldn't resist showing up in your first thread, Master Flare!

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old September 18, 2002, 16:59   #42
Pekka
Emperor

Local Time: 11:13
Well if you would read more, you'd realize many countries get bashing. And there are very few that are bashing the regular Joe the Citizen. And what's wrong with bashing? It's fun, sometimes creative and there are few superpatriots that are easy targets and fun to tease.

About 98% being envy.. get real. I bet lots of it is envy in fact, but not that much. If I disagree with something, does it mean I'm poor, opressed, brainwashed, communist, evil, anti-US etcetc? Of course not. Except that poor part . It's just like a kid who gets teased for some reason and his/her mother says they just envy you . Yeah...
"God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:23   #43
Lars-E
Warlord

Local Time: 09:13
One thing:

Really dumb ppl can get an Ivy League education in the USA. That is really sickening. What is even worse is seeing these ppl in power excercising it... making stupid statements which counts and ppl listen to. Puke.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:28   #44
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

Vel, I knew Flare was your DL the moment I read the first post.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:28   #45
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

So if the United States wasn't the wealthiest most powerful nation in the world, people would still hate it Pekka?
Old September 18, 2002, 17:34   #46
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Nawww....me and Flare PM back and forth, so I had to chime in on his first thread!

-=Vel=-
(seriously considering the dl game tho...lol)
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:36   #47
Dom Pedro II
King

Well, people didn't hate America as much during the 19th century because although they were still as gung ho on their own sense of superiority, they kept it to themselves. Today American jingoism is unavoidable.

But personally I think the problem is that there are so many Americans who are so completely certain of the country's superiority that they automatically assume that everybody in the world hates us. That is completely untrue.

I have been to other countries, and I have talked to people who speak very warmly of the USA. Of course, every time we go and start bombing somebody, it really begins to piss them off.

The people who really hate us are the people who either A) have been f***ed over by us in the past, or B) who hate this country's hypocracy. And they are but a small extremely vocal group.

Why would most people be jealous of the United States? Most of the people you hear complaints from have more money than the average American, so that's not it. And if they really felt the US was better, then they also would have enough money to come here.

People hold America in contempt because America holds the world in contempt.

Old September 18, 2002, 17:40   #48
Capt Dizle
ACDG3 Gaians
King

I hold you in contempt, and thats no lie.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:40   #49
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Newbie Guide.

It's Wednesday. This means it's time for another "Why do people bash the US?" thread.
Old September 18, 2002, 17:49   #50
Dom Pedro II
King

jimmy, do you ever try to say anything with any content in it?

Old September 18, 2002, 17:51   #51
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 10:13
Quote:
Our women are the hardest to get anywhere ive ever been. In france if you have hung out with a girl for 6 hours or more your gaurunteed to get some! Its a given.
Americans are proud of THAT?? Your girls are hard to get?

Mwuhahahahahaha... Sukkeltjes...
Old September 18, 2002, 17:55   #52
Dom Pedro II
King

Oh yeah... American women are hard to get...

I had four girls in total in my graduating high school class of 186 students that had either had babies or were currently pregnant.

On my first day in college, my room mate had sex with a girl from down the hall. Another guy down the hall got felettio from a girl upstairs. And in one room, a guy was having sex with a girl on the bottom bunk while another guy on top was having sex with TWO girls... and this was Day #1!

Old September 18, 2002, 17:57   #53
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dom Pedro II
Another guy down the hall got felettio from a girl upstairs
Either she had really long lips and a safety harness or he's a blessed boy.
Old September 18, 2002, 18:00   #54
Dom Pedro II
King

Quote:
Either she had really long lips and a safety harness or he's a blessed boy.

*sigh* I think you might have taken that a little too literally...

Ok, allow me to clarify: She LIVES upstairs, but she was downstairs (in the same room) with him when it happened.

Old September 18, 2002, 18:11   #55
Cybergod
Prince

People please do not label me an anti-american but...

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmytrick
America is the best hope for peace, not only in our time, but in world history.

Hopefully, as time passes, the freedoms we take for granted here can be made reality across the world.

PS. leftover_crack quit shaming my nation by nicking our flag and placing it under your name in this forum...
Old September 18, 2002, 18:15   #56
Dom Pedro II
King

Just some statistics:

America has fought over 200 armed conflicts. 5 have been declared wars.

Now... this:

We are in the Pax Americana. But there has also been a Pax Britannia and a Pax Romana. There have been eras of maintained "peace" like this one before held together by other powers. Britain did her own share of assisting struggling countries in the world. She, like us, also did her share of conquest (only Britain made it more blatant).

Old September 18, 2002, 18:17   #57
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
PS. leftover_crack quit shaming my nation by nicking our flag and placing it under your name in this forum...
I know. It isn't like Serbia doesn't have enough to be ashamed of already.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old September 18, 2002, 19:45   #58
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:
"I don't know many Europeans who would use the phrase "Reject-hippie f@gs"

Just a misunderstanding.

Fag in straight america does NOT mean gay. But loser..Backwards..a general derogatory remark. Its been like that for 20 years.

Thats why only americans say things like "This is gay" or "Person X is a fag"

and its not that we dont like fags or anything. Just 99% of us wouldnt say those things around them.
What complete horseshit.

Now, don't misunderstand me. "Horseshit" in straight America does NOT mean a pile of equine feces; it means, "The preceding drivel is 100% total and complete utter nonsense, poppycock, and balderdash. We are all dumber for having even seen such dithering folly."

Piss off, l_c. It is EXACTLY people like you who precipitate most of the America bashing in the world. You're an affront to my country, and I'll thank you to use whatever sorry excuse for a brain you have and THINK about what you're about to write next time you decide to share your infinite wisdom with us.

Jesus H. ****ing Christ...
Old September 18, 2002, 19:47   #59
Flare
Chieftain

What does DL mean? Daddy Longlegs? ~Innocent look~
Old September 18, 2002, 19:52   #60
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Local Time: 10:13