Old September 18, 2002, 17:02   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 03:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Official: Economic Report
Greetings, citizens of Apolyton! This thread is hereby established as a place to post and debate on current economic issues. We will start with two topics: one, a general report on the current Apolytonian fiscal budget; second, the current "issue" at hand.

The general report follow here and is in this format:
a pie chart where all debts (re: negative amounts) are in reds, oranges, or yellows; net incomes are in greens; percentages are given, but keep in mind that our per/turn is a result of all the incomes minus all the debits.

A separate post will introduce the current issue at hand.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	budget.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	24771  
Old September 18, 2002, 17:07   #2
Reddawg
Prince

Here is the current issue:

That omnipresent devil: CORRUPTION.

The previous budget chart displays clearly how serious corruption is in Apolyton. With negative costs of 38 lytons/turn, corruption is by far the worst part of our budget. It costs more than military costs and maintenance fees combined!

This chart shows what's even more shocking: more than HALF of this corruption derives from just FOUR cities! My intent is to position the city planner to build Courthouses in these four cities ASAP! It's a serious problem, and even halving the corruption in these cities would pay for a 10% to 20% increase in our science and/or luxury rates!

Would the regional leaders in charge of these four cities please take extra care to reply: Del Monte, Macross City, Here It Is, and Gaia. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	24772  
Old September 20, 2002, 23:39   #3
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Reddawg,

Very good point. I'd never have noticed that , but you're totally right -- we should build curruption reducing improvements in those four cities. I urge GodKing and the Future Regional Administrators to consider this issue -- curruption is generally a hard issue to deal with, but it is even harder if it is not addressed from the start. If we start working on those cities now, then we can eventually make them productive.

Reddawg, one quick question so I can get this in the Directory -- are you going to post ALL economic issues here? If not, could you edit the subject of your first post so that this either has a year/issue name? (If you do, I'll use the subject of the first post instead of the thread subject as the directory text).

Thanks!

-- adaMada

EDIT: Oh yes. I know it's a bit off topic, but while I'm here -- if you could help me track down all your previous economic reports, I'd be happy to add them to the directory. They'd be wonderfully useful for record-keeping purposes if collected in one place and linked/sorted by year. I'd be happy to get any future ones you do during this term when you make them, but tracking down old ones is much harder, especially since I don't remember what you named them all... I'll probably start going back and looking myself after all the sections have the current threads up.
Old September 21, 2002, 00:08   #4
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:13
Well observed, Reddawg. Stats are powerful, in the right hands...
Old September 21, 2002, 00:48   #5
Reddawg
Prince

adMada, this is in fact the first economic report i have made, and i do intend to post all issues in this thread, and edit the first post to contain a link to wherever the current issue is. if you want me to help track down all the previous Statistics i've published, I will be more than happy to.

aro, thx!

im about to prepare the final budget for this turnchat, ttyl.