Old September 18, 2002, 17:58   #1
planetfall
Prince

Local Time: 01:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Help-- unit buttons moved
Ok, I thought I had seen everything with civ3. But my buttons moved from the bottom of the screen to the right side.

They still work for workers: mine, road, etc, the buttons are just in a different location. This seems to imply we can set the buttons at any position:
right
left
bottom.

Now, any ideas on how to move the button box to a different screen location?

I am guessing it was some mouse action, but I don't have a clue as to how they moved. Anyone else ever seen this?

Thanks

--PF
Old September 18, 2002, 18:00   #2
cgannon64
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:13
This happened to me after my keyboard started screwing up. I got my keyboard fixed, then the buttons moved back to the bottom.

Who knows?

Mystery Science Theatre 3000 Forever!
Old September 18, 2002, 18:08   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:13
It is common. There is a way to recover it, but I forget how. I just use it where it ends up. Stop/start game will put it back also.
Old September 18, 2002, 18:11   #4
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Backspace.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 19, 2002, 09:41   #5
planetfall
Prince

Theseus is right!

Backspace keystroke toggles between button box at bottom and button box at right of screen.

Thank you Theseus.

-- PF

[ Trivia: Theseus:
Seems to have come from nthes, meaning "to loosen". (Note: the temple of Theseus, at Athens was a sanctuary for slaves and others fleeing persecution "in memory of
Theseus, while he lived, was an assister and protector of the distressed." -Potter. vol. i. p. 36.) ]

Hum, don't know about this ID:

"Theseus is said to have united all of Attica into one State, to have defeated the invasion of the Amazons, battled against the Centaurs, carried off Helen of Troy and to have essayed the rescue of Persephone from her imprisonment in Hades. The Athenians, however, being much given to strife and discord, fomented a rebellion which was led by Menestheus, the descendent of Erechtheus. Theseus was banished from Athens and at last, an old and broken king, was murdered on the island of Scyros by King Lycomedes "
Full story at:
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/technical/theseus.html
Old September 19, 2002, 10:25   #6
zulu9812
King

Local Time: 08:13
I've actually seen a Firaxian screenshot with the buttons at the right hand side, so they must prefer it that way too
I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up
Old September 19, 2002, 10:43   #7
planetfall
Prince

Firaxis preferences
Quote:
Originally posted by zulu9812
I've actually seen a Firaxian screenshot with the buttons at the right hand side, so they must prefer it that way too
It's too bad they didn't finish the job and allow button box at top and left as well and we could reset geometry by using the backspace key. Sometimes it would really be nice to have those buttons out of the way. Guess I have to learn the keyboard shortcuts. Ugh.

--PF
Old September 19, 2002, 11:50   #8
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
Quote:
Originally posted by planetfall
[ Trivia: Theseus:
Seems to have come from nthes, meaning "to loosen". (Note: the temple of Theseus, at Athens was a sanctuary for slaves and others fleeing persecution "in memory of
Theseus, while he lived, was an assister and protector of the distressed." -Potter. vol. i. p. 36.) ]

Hum, don't know about this ID:

"Theseus is said to have united all of Attica into one State, to have defeated the invasion of the Amazons, battled against the Centaurs, carried off Helen of Troy and to have essayed the rescue of Persephone from her imprisonment in Hades. The Athenians, however, being much given to strife and discord, fomented a rebellion which was led by Menestheus, the descendent of Erechtheus. Theseus was banished from Athens and at last, an old and broken king, was murdered on the island of Scyros by King Lycomedes "
Full story at:
http://www.labyrinth.net.au/technical/theseus.html
Theseus is said to have have mixed Amazons, Helen, and Persephone in an Army, but, with stats 0-1-1, it didn;t last long.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.