Old September 18, 2002, 18:06   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:13
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Deputy Minister(s) Wanted!
The Foreign Ministry is looking for one or two more deputy ministers to round out our team for this term. If you are new to the Demo Game and interested in foreign relations, this may be a great way to get involved.

I am specifically looking for a deputy who would specialize trades and exchanges with other nations. Let me know if you'd like that job.

Other jobs are in the works. If you have a proposal for a position, and would like to volunteer, please post.

Thanks!

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 18, 2002, 19:05   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:13
Just wanted to come out in support of Togas and the Foreign Ministry. It's a great place for new players to learn the ropes, and also a wonderful place for advanced players to work and make a huge difference. It's one of the most fun fields out there, and I urge anyone looking for a government job to think about it a bit. Remember, Deputy Ministers aren't just symbolic titles, and aren't just to take over for the Minister should he need it -- they can play a huge role in the game. We already have a basic system working in the Ministry, so we can allow for some specialization -- if you have some specific interest, we can try to accomidate you. We don't need anyone else -- but we would like to offer others the chance to make a difference in the game, to work in this wonderful field, and to add to and improve the job we're already doing.

Hope everyone thinks it over!

-- adaMada
Current Vice-Minister of Foreign Affairs
who started off his Civ 3 DemoGame career last term by volunteering in a thread just like this one
Old September 19, 2002, 11:38   #3
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Hey I'll take what ever is avalible I need a job, I lost out on my last try for a job.
Old September 19, 2002, 18:44   #4
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:13
I'm in, but I have to get the 1.21f (currently running 1.29f) and set up for IRC. I had some family issues and am behind in getting set up. Is the next turnchat on Sat @ 1700 EDT (5pm)? I PM'ed some Ideas to Togas.

E_T
Old September 19, 2002, 19:13   #5
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

ET,

If you have any trouble with 1.21f, feel free to PM me. I need to find out when the next chat is as well. Anyone interested in the position, though, can remember that they don't need to be at every (or, if they just plan on being a deputy, any) chats -- of course, if you can make chats then it's great, since I know that there'll be times when Togas and I are both busy, but if you can't or aren't sure then that doesn't mean that there isn't a job that'll work.

Nimitz, I'm assuming that Togas will probably PM you before too long. If he doesn't, let me know, and I'll make sure he knows you're there, but knowing him it's probably already been done .

-- adaMada
Old September 20, 2002, 13:13   #6
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada
ET,

If you have any trouble with 1.21f, feel free to PM me. I need to find out when the next chat is as well. Anyone interested in the position, though, can remember that they don't need to be at every (or, if they just plan on being a deputy, any) chats -- of course, if you can make chats then it's great, since I know that there'll be times when Togas and I are both busy, but if you can't or aren't sure then that doesn't mean that there isn't a job that'll work.

Nimitz, I'm assuming that Togas will probably PM you before too long. If he doesn't, let me know, and I'll make sure he knows you're there, but knowing him it's probably already been done .

-- adaMada
Your PM box is FULL. Please post a reliable link to the 1.21f download, Civ.com only has 1.29f. you can also send it to me via e-mail, just have something in the subject that will key me in on it.

E_T
Old September 20, 2002, 13:21   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:13
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3patches.shtml

There you go.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 20, 2002, 13:24   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:13
E_T - here you go.... ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3/Civ3v121f.exe]http://www.megagames.com/news/redir.cgi?ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3/Civ3v121f.exe[/URL]

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 20, 2002, 13:45   #9
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

Your PM box is FULL. Please post a reliable link to the 1.21f download, Civ.com only has 1.29f. you can also send it to me via e-mail, just have something in the subject that will key me in on it.

E_T
Damn, better go empty now... Thanks for the heads up.

I haven't tried UnOrthO's link, but I got it from the place MWIA linked you to (ftp://ftp.infogrames.net/patches/civ3/Civ3v121f.exe). It was slow, but got the job done. UnOrthO's may be faster, though -- I haven't tried.

-- adaMada

EDIT: Just emptied my box, thanks for the heads up again.
Old September 20, 2002, 15:28   #10
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:13
I will happily serve as Togas's deputy in charge of trades. I can dedicate a thread or a post in the Foreign Ministry Office thread to possible trade plans, with their pros and cons, projected income and other stats.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 20, 2002, 23:57   #11
Nimitz
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG LegolandNever Ending StoriesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by adaMada

-- adaMada
Yeah, he has. I can make most all chats if I know when they are before hand.
Old September 21, 2002, 00:09   #12
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Nimitz

Yeah, he has. I can make most all chats if I know when they are before hand.
, and I just went and sent him a whole PM checking he remembered you were there. Oh well .

I can sometimes make chats, and Togas can too, but with such a large department (six members is huge -- some demogames only have thirty), we should be especially well represented in most chats. Good to hear .

-- adaMada
Old September 21, 2002, 00:23   #13
Nimitz
King

Yeah Lol we've got a large game
Old September 21, 2002, 01:02   #14
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3patches.shtml

There you go.
Got it. I'll be trying to duel install (i.e. both versions) in a bit.

Now I just have to work with IRC. Any pointers on how best to use it?

E_T
Old September 27, 2002, 17:25   #15
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Greetings to the Apolytons, having journeyed near and far, I have decided to render my services available to the Apolyton cause. I am volunteering for one of the deputy foreign ministry jobs if they are still available.
Old September 27, 2002, 18:17   #16
Randolph
Civilization III Democracy GameC4DG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityPtWDG Gathering StormC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Prince

wishing to join
I'm new here and would love to get involved. I've been playing Civ since its conception (and spent more time then I would care to admit, beside to fellow fanatics), and I wish I knew about this earlier. I would gladly do any service that would be useful. I'm not quite sure what else to say... should I attach a resume? Give me some details on what you would like I'd I'll get on it. Perhaps I should also hone my diplomatic skills, as it is not always one of my stronger points.
Old September 27, 2002, 18:53   #17
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 02:13
I would be happy to serve in any government position that is open. I am free from active service now, having been honorably discharged from the army after severing the head of a rather large (not to mention drunk) Persian general by the name of Arximander. I am skilled in most things, be it having to do with trade, foreign work, military service, or governorial positions. If there is any opening anywhere, I should like to be informed.
Old September 27, 2002, 18:55   #18
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sorry, guys. I hadn't expected this thread to get retopped.

Right now I'm not looking for additional deputy ministers, as we're pretty much full, but I still would like those of you who are very interested in the world of Foriegn Affairs to take a look at the Foreign Ministry Office thread and see if there's something we're missing. Perhaps you can propose a needed job that currently does not exist.

I have nothing against adding a person or two to the staff ... I just need to have something specific for you to do.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 27, 2002, 23:00   #19
adaMada
King

To be totally honest, I can't think of any more jobs in the Ministry -- we've got FIVE people (or something like that) working here already, and there isn't that much to do .

Having said that, if anyone's planning on trying what Togas suggested (finding a spot for themselves and suggesting it), here's what I'd recommend. You stand the best chance if you come up with some innovative idea for a new public resource the ministry could produce, a new organizational position, or some useful but currently unhandled analytical job. It'll take a very innovative mind; I think we're basically out of 'official' Foreign Ministry jobs (jobs that handle issues addressed in the CoL) -- we have at least three people doing that in some function. We are, however, very proud of the amount of information we provide to the public, and I know that Togas is always open to new ideas -- the past two terms have been a first in many ways.

Right now (for those who haven't seen the Office Thread), I'm Vice-Minister, E_T's doing Trades, Nimitz is doing general advice, and GePap's producing a high quality Foreign Civ's report, with Togas being the minister. As I said, not too many gaps, so it'd probably have to be a very innovative idea for there to be a unique function. Sadly, I have no suggestions, but I may have been around long enough that I'm getting old and rusty .

All I can say is good luck -- I honestly also had no clue that this thread might resurface, so this is all off the top of my head, but I hope it might be of some use to someone.

-- adaMada
Old October 15, 2002, 16:36   #20
adaMada
King

EDIT:
Sorry everyone, this is a total accident, just looking through this thread. Didn't mean to post and top this up... Please do not apply for next term (Term 5) here, the appropriate thread for that is: New Foreign Ministry Deputies Needed

-- adaMada