Old September 22, 2002, 19:02   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
310AD discussion/Reaction thread and save
A general report for now and a full one tommorrow.

A few presidential slip ups but everything worked out ok (we were lucky).

Units lost 2 elite swords, 2 vet swords and 1 reg sword.

We renegotiated peace with a lot of civs and made some money. Russia is now paying us 7lpt.

We built new mew munich and a new city on uber isle.
Alot of our borders expanded and we started building alot of city improvements.

Horses were upgraded to knights and an english stlr was blocked before rush building a stlr in willsbury.

Chivalry was traded to the ironquios and mono to the US.

We lost an elite sword to reg archer near willsbury in an attempt to et a GL.

The attack on Pasgaladae wasn't a complete disaster. We lost alot of units, (1 elite sword, 2 vets and a reg) before our elite horse rushed through to take the city. Units were left in pasgal to prevent a flip and end resistance which they did in 1 turn.

We have a decent force in pas and a couple of knights near Willsbury for the attack on perperiose.

The one serious mistake was the attacking of an archer outside Willsbury with a pikeman instead of a sword but the pike won with only 1 hp lost.

The persians then landed another archer nearby which we attacked with the right unit, an elite sword which to everyones amazment produced a GL named Cheops.

People may say we were very lucky to get this GL but we were ridiculously unlucky at the attack on pasgal and when we lost the elite sword near Willsbury so overall perhaps things have evened out.

We lost alot of units and should use this Gl wisely.

the chat was ended one turn early due to the leader and tiredness on my part.

Reactions to the fact that we now have another GL.

For those who doubt the fact that we have a GL chect out this picture of the guy supplied by Shiber who along with aro was there when it happened
Attached Files:
File Type: sav cheops.sav (280.6 KB, 15 views)
Old September 22, 2002, 20:00   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:24
Just have three words,

TOLD YOU SO!
Old September 22, 2002, 20:02   #3
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 03:24
We need an ARMY!

Sell your photos
Old September 22, 2002, 20:50   #4
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 09:24
Very well done! *applauds*

As for the leader, it comes right at hand for the Sistine Chapel. Xerxes is already willing to give Theology for peace. Of course, we should first take Persepolis, but after this we could instantly build one of the most powerful wonders of this game.
Old September 22, 2002, 21:14   #5
Reddawg
Prince

One thing, can you post the saves with the date of the last turn in it? it'd help a lot. a stat package will be up tomorrow sometime, MAyyybe tonight but probly not.
Old September 22, 2002, 21:42   #6
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:24
I think another wonder would be good.

Persepolis with its population of 7 is a good candidate for forced assimulation or a tactical feeding program.
Old September 22, 2002, 22:41   #7
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm gauging the mood of the people here. Is there a desire to stop the war after persopolis or do we want the whole persian nation. Personally I would like to take at least everything s of Pasargadae, but witht he chance to get sistine and also considering the damage to our forces this turn I am wondering if there is a desire for a quick peace. Lets face it, even if you exclude pasargadae and persopolis we have done excellent and could well end up getting 2 wonders and maybe evn the pyramids, and also casuing the AI to loose all the shileds it invested in the wonders, that would be priceless. However if we do continue the war let me make a call for more knights to be built. Otherwise I feel I will be forced to try my best with insufficient force and can't be sure of victory against pikemen and immortals.
Currently we will have 3 knigts and horse that will be upgraded to knights =5 swords for offensive +1 catapult. Here is my plan once swords are healthy we send them and pikecoverage s to attack pasargadae and when the other 2 knights +upgraded knight arrive we strike s and take persopolis. after that I would take bactra and the precious incense. Then I would gather again at pesapolis and strike toward tarsus and susa, at that point the southern campaign will be over. I anticipate this whole thing will take 10 turns.
Aggie
Old September 22, 2002, 23:14   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

At this point, if we really can break the back of the Persian resistence by taking Persepolis, there's nothing stopping us from completely annexing Persia except ourselves.

Now I'm generally a pretty development/builder type of player, but this is a case where I clearly think it's in our interests to push for a complete annexation of Persia. To do that, it makes sense to curtail some development projects (for now) and build mostly knights and pikemen to press the conflict forward to its conclusion.

Upon cessation of hostilities with the Persians, however, we need to:

1) Switch to Republic
2) Build enough settlers to have a city in every inch of land we can possibly claim in the Greater Basin, Minor Basin, and Uber Island areas.
2) Switch building priorities over to marketplaces, libraries, workers, etc.
3) Up the science rate and head for Navigation
Old September 22, 2002, 23:20   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
Pasargadae is ours already. It's revolted just now, but this can be fixed...
Old September 22, 2002, 23:21   #10
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
The next will be Persepolis... and the Pyramids!
Old September 23, 2002, 01:10   #11
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

I'm still for pushing all the way to the coast.
If we continue, that would mean 4 lux items AT ALL TIMES! Lets see, with marketplace, that would be 6 happy people in each city all the time; Without having to spend a 10% rate on Lux.

This will save Lyton, and increase Research. How can we stop?
Old September 23, 2002, 01:15   #12
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:24
Aggie,
MARCH TO THE SEA!
Old September 23, 2002, 02:20   #13
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Oh my God!

I'm agreeing with the sole member the ARE.

Here Duddha!

I have a lovely Ameri-poly baby for you to eat....
Old September 23, 2002, 03:20   #14
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

There are valid points to continue the war. Gaining 2 more luxuries and the Pyramids would, of course, be priceless. However, in this case and if nobody else trades us Theology, I would use the leader for an army, because saving it would mean we can't gain another one in the continuing fights.

Once we have 4 luxuries (and are trading for a 5th), a switch to Republic will be possible, although this would make our further plans (Americas incense valley or the whole remaining America, another bit of France) a bit harder due to war weariness.
Old September 23, 2002, 03:35   #15
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

We should get (along with Theology) Engineering, either from the Persians or through some other nation.

It'll probably be easier to continue the war and get it from them.
Old September 23, 2002, 03:44   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:24
Let's keep on rollin'. We may have lost a few units (and may continue to lose them), but we should be able to get some more out of Persia. Worst case scenario: we lose most of our ready attackers in an assault on Persepolis. No Pyramids, lux etc. BUT, we won't know until we try, and at the least we can always get peace and a lot more out of them for 20 turns. They are running scared - let's push the advantage to the hilt!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 23, 2002, 14:52   #17
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Agreed. Take over the Persian heartland.

Lobby for more Knights. City improvements can wait until after we overrun the Persian heart land, at which point our army should be able to take out America easily.
Old September 23, 2002, 15:36   #18
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I have heard the people and will act accordingly, I always like consulting the people on such great matters.
Hey I just discover something get this it is cheaper to make a chariot(which we can still make) and upgrade to a knight than to get a knight built to the same # of shields and rush. WHOA that can be useful.
Example it would cost 150+ to rush knight in tass, but only 100 to upgrade chariot to knight and he already has plenty of shield for knight.
Aggie
Old September 23, 2002, 16:09   #19
GePap
Emperor

I persoanlly would stop after Persepolis and get a lucrative peace deal. If we are not going to do so, then we must get the war with Persia done right quick, even if it means heavy losses: we need to get to a point where we need not spend huge sums to get techs, or have to go to war to get them either- and we wil not get there from end;less campaigning.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old September 23, 2002, 16:46   #20
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

We can't stop at Persepolis unless we raze/capture the Persian cities close to it first because otherwise we lose Persepolis back to the Persians via culture.

Other major Persian cities seem to be close enough to trigure a chain reaction as well, so if we stop short of taking the entire heart land, we are going to have to raze a couple we don't want to ensure we keep the others.
Old September 23, 2002, 17:12   #21
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I have heard the people and will act accordingly, I always like consulting the people on such great matters.
Hey I just discover something get this it is cheaper to make a chariot(which we can still make) and upgrade to a knight than to get a knight built to the same # of shields and rush. WHOA that can be useful.
Example it would cost 150+ to rush knight in tass, but only 100 to upgrade chariot to knight and he already has plenty of shield for knight.
Aggie
I will take that into advisement. What happened to that budget thread...I gotta look at that now that I am taking over CP for a week...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby