Old September 22, 2002, 19:06   #1
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 03:24
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Beckoning Of A New Great Leader!
Yes it's a great news for the land of Apolytonia indeed when our land is bittered with war, one man takes a stand to save the land single handely... here for more about this great leader named cheop
Old September 22, 2002, 19:07   #2
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Question now is where shall we most appropriately use him?

-Army?
-Sistine?
-Forbidden Palace?

As always you inputs please!~
Old September 22, 2002, 19:16   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:24
Wow.

Can we have an Army now please? Pretty please?
Old September 22, 2002, 19:39   #4
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

*slaps hands with a ruler*
no! no army

we must have a rush-built worker!
Old September 22, 2002, 19:49   #5
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
we must have a rush-built worker!
I agree that we shouldn't use this leader on an army (next one, though, would be fine).

But... a rush-built worker? I agree that we need more workers, but those are easy to build.

Seriously, how 'bout that Sistine Chapel?
Old September 22, 2002, 19:55   #6
Ninot
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov

I agree that we shouldn't use this leader on an army (next one, though, would be fine).

But... a rush-built worker? I agree that we need more workers, but those are easy to build.

Seriously, how 'bout that Sistine Chapel?
no! im tired of waiting for worker! we must rushbuild one!
Old September 22, 2002, 19:59   #7
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninot
no! im tired of waiting for worker! we must rushbuild one!
Buy one from America, how hard is it to get Theology at this point?

I vote for Sistine Chapel if available or an Army if not.
Old September 22, 2002, 19:59   #8
Sheik
King

ARMY!

Sell your photos
Old September 22, 2002, 20:02   #9
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
Sistine, we will and the Persian war in a few turns and get theology (AND engineering, probably, more gold...).
Old September 22, 2002, 20:05   #10
Ninot
Emperor

ok... ill face facts
we don't need to rushbuild a worker

but a sistine can help
Old September 22, 2002, 20:12   #11
Zero
King

lol, rush build worker.... maybe while we're at it we can do warrior for next GL

anyway.. the army is REAL tempting... I'd hate to take the bloodthirsty civ route but, more GL thru heroic means also more industrial power with more rush builds... But sistine can land us in Golden age! and we're not gonna have much luck landing one with War chariots to be honest. Hmmm... Sistine or Army... Damn this is hard... when does sistine expire again? is it never?
Old September 22, 2002, 20:14   #12
Ninot
Emperor

think its never friend
Old September 22, 2002, 20:16   #13
Zero
King

That just makes it even better.. we could really use a GA right now.. our production has fallen alot due to the persian campaign... We need some internal improvements!

btw, I noticed on the recent save the tech is ON theology. We should change this since we can acquire from another civ!
Old September 22, 2002, 20:42   #14
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Doesn't changing a research goal while research is in progress mean that we lose any accumulated research points?
Old September 22, 2002, 20:50   #15
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

oh, and I greatly favor going for the Sistine Chapel over an army.
Old September 22, 2002, 21:50   #16
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Sistine chapel! WE need to get the few wonders we'll be able to get, and this one's worth it!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old September 22, 2002, 23:14   #17
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Sistine Chapel if we can, otherwise get an army.

Since we just rush-built Sun Tzu's, some other civ may have changed to Sistine and could build it next turn, before we get a chance to rush-build it.
Old September 23, 2002, 00:24   #18
Zero
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Doesn't changing a research goal while research is in progress mean that we lose any accumulated research points?
well theology is at 12 turns.. i switched it to engineering then switched back to theo and it was still 12. Maybe we just got a tech at 310 A.D but watever the case we dont need to research theology
Old September 23, 2002, 00:36   #19
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:24
Wow another GL!

Sistine Chapel!

This is our only chance to get the Chapel that DOUBLES the effect of cathedrels. For those that don't know, cathedrals normaly make three people content, Sistine makes that 6 and with us on Emperor Level, I believe that we only get two born content then the rest are unhappy.

Sistine Chapel NEVER expires but my question is what cities does it effect? Is it continenetal or every city?

OT: for future reference, ignore my spelling. I can't spel.
Old September 23, 2002, 00:39   #20
Zero
King

I beleive its continental.. but it reall doesnt matter cause we reside in the biggest continent in the map... if its every city itd be even nicer but the continent we live on will have the most benefit anyway.

Sistine is a sweet wonder and the never expiration factor just makes it sweeter. But the main goal is the GA. I beleive our domestic improvement is far behind scheduled.
Old September 23, 2002, 01:21   #21
wervdon
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Sistine!

1) The benefit on emperor is enormous. +6 content people per city for the rest of the game for the cost of cathedrals. (we only get 1 on emperor, I checked) Meaning every city with a temple and a sistine'd catheredral will allow up to size 9 and still be 100% productive citizens with no luxuries. Thats a HUGE benefit. Without the sistine, it'd only be size 6 productive per city without luxuries

2) Culture. Sistine produces a good bit. The cathedrals we'll build everywhere to use its effects produce alot. Thats a good thing

3) Its a religious wonder. Its actually only one of two religious wonders remaining (JS Bach's is the other). If we get it, and build hoover's in the industrial ages we'll get our golden age without ever un-mothballing a war chariot. If we don't get it, we just have to hope we find an obsolete unit somewhere to throw a war chariot at and hope for the best. Meaning if we skip the sistine, we almost have to take our golden age now (during this or the presumably soon to come american war) to guarantee our best chance at actually getting our golden age eventually. Having the sistine as a backup plan grants us extra flexibility.

4) If the greeks or romans or other civ with alot of cities get the sistine and get alot of size 12 cities, we WILL fall behind to their overwhelming edge in science and income from all the extra productive citizens. We'd have to rely on better management and control of more luxuries to make up the difference and keep up.

5) The extra productive citizens makes it much more likely we'll get future wonders (or *gasp* be able to research stuff first) once our infrastructure is built up and we have several large cities getting the full benefits.
Old September 23, 2002, 01:26   #22
PresidentMike
Chieftain

Rush Sistine if at all possible.

If for some reason we cannot get Sistine, use it for an army.
Old September 23, 2002, 07:19   #23
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:24
By the time Cheops reaches Ubergorsk through the safe route (through the jungles, where he'll have units available to scout ahead for him and guard him and won't be threatened by immortals from Antioch) we'll reach the last turn of the next turnchat. I'm convinced we can get Theology by then, either by making peace with Persia (let's hope we won't have to resort to that) or by buying it from the Greeks.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 23, 2002, 09:01   #24
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:24
Too bad that Cheops can't rush Pyramids anymore... would be thematic.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:06   #25
Robber Baron
Prince

Sistine's!!! The payoff is huge. Turbo-cathedrals, major culture points, and a golden age -- for which the timing is perfect. We should acquire theology immediately if we can, by any means short of pre-Pyramids peace with Persia. Buy it from another civ; pay virtually any price, and we will cement a commanding position astride Abananaba and roll through the middle ages.

The only drawback would be that we should probably expect a declaration of war soon from one or, in all likelihood, several civs.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:37   #26
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 04:24
The Science Minister Speaketh Thus:

INGNORANT CONSTITUANTS WHO WILL CONTINUE TO VOTE FOR ME EVEN THOUGH I HAVE CALLED YOU IGNORANT:

Research is on Theology. Indeed. What else would you have us research at this point? Engineering? We will get engineering from the Persians soon enough, they have it already. Why waste our valuble research on Theology?

btw. You're not really ignorant. After all, you joined the DIA.
Old September 23, 2002, 16:10   #27
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Agreed with Thud in that we shouldn't switch from Theology.

I do hope we can buy Theology this turn or next (without ending the Persian war) so we can build Sistine Chapel instead of an army.
Old September 23, 2002, 17:14   #28
Sheik
King

We could use an army.

We need to build an army and then win a battle. After this we can build the Heroic Epic and then the Military Academy and Pentagon. The Military Academy will allow us to build armies and then take more from others helping us expand. We will need to fight many more wars before we can win this game and having armies will put us in a better position.

Sell your photos
Old September 23, 2002, 20:14   #29
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Let the old sage through!

Well, I might not be much of an old sage, but I do ride a big black horse, have the marks of a Centurion on my helmet, have a dozen Persian heads dangleling from my horse's mane, and I carry a big blood-soaked battleaxe, therefore, you had best move aside for me to speak anyway...

I, Gaius Publius History Guy, Centurion, Commander of the Apolyton Six-Hundred, an elite band of swordsmen, must testify to the fact that we need an army now. I must admit that the Sistine Chapel would be a jolly nice thing to have cheering up the local populace, and the like, but if we really want to produce more great leaders and form more and more armies, and become virtually unbeatable in the field of battle, than we really need to send my good friend, Cheops, off to form the Grand Army of the Republic of Apolyton!! We have Persepolis in our sights now, and if we take it, we take the Pyramids also, and so, I think, and Cheops himself thinks (well, he does think, sometimes...) that an army is our best bet, so as we can build the Heroic Epic, and then the Military Academy, and so that we can produce that which we most desire, an empire.

And by thunder, I even have the words of General Cheops himself to back me up...here's a clipping from an interview with the old fellow...

Me: Well, Cheops, old bean, what do you think we should do with you? Should we build the Grand Army of the Republic of Apolyton, or the Sistine Chapel?

Cheops: ... (looks around in a drunken stupor)

Me: Cheops?

Cheops: (looking up from the floor, with banana in one hand, bottle of beer in the other) I fall off my chair, Gaius...

(the next day, after Cheops has overcome drunken stupor)

Cheops: Well, Gaius, I think we really must have ourselves an army, you know, it's just so...so...Apolytonian. It's a bloody darn shame that we haven't gotten ourselves one already, and I think a bit silly. So, I think if we want to destroy Persia, build the Heroic Epic, the Military Academy, a heck of a lot more armies, and an empire, what we'd need most is a...is a...is a...is a...

Me: An army?

Cheops: Yeah! That's it!!

So, there you have it, even Cheops himself agrees with me. So, onward to the army!!

(charges off to Persepolis!)
Old September 24, 2002, 04:06   #30
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:24
Ah.. Bogus!

You said it yourself! You put word into his mouth!

You druged him! You must've put something in the Banana squishee he was drinking to over come his hang over!

We can build an Army with the next GL (um.. if we don't need it for Leo's anyway...). Sistine's Chapel is now or never!