Old September 23, 2002, 12:51   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
$Mini-Game TRADING SESSION EIGHT (8)
Turn 8 closes EXACTLY 72 hours from the post time of this message.

Use this thread for trade proposals only. So, NO DEBATES HERE (except relating to current session rules questions)

For rules, a directory of threads and debates see the thread Main thread and directory

Current Market Assessment:

Turn Number: 8
In Game year: 310 AD
"Market One": Apolyton, Termina, Tassagrad, BHQ, Port Rouge

Total population: 5+3+3+2+2=15

Labor Market
Apolyton Available Labor: 2
Termina Available Labor: 3
Tassagrad Available Labor: 5
BHQ Available Labor: 3
Port Rouge Available Labor: 2
(The Labor market is now done on a per city basis. Simply state in the following format, "Hire 1 Labor in Apolyton @ $26 (D:S 1/4 = $25)". To use Vassal labor simply state "Use 1 of my Vassals on my estate.")

Vassals for Auction:

None captured in last set of turns.

Commodity Markets
Food demand: 15x2=30 Food supplied: 2+2+2+2+2= 31 (10+21(fallow))
D:S = 30/31 = $96

Shield Demand: 6+5+3+3+3=20
Shield Supply: 6+5+4+4+3=22
D:S = 20/22 = $90

NOTE BASE RATE FOR COMMERCE IS $50
So multiply D:S by 50% for current market price.

Commerce Demand: 15x4=60
Commerce Supplied: (4+2+1+1+1= 9)+10 (fallow)=19
D:S = 60/19 x.50= $157

subDemands
Alcohol (Mead, Beer, and Wine) {Can be sold on the commerce or food market}
50% bonus if less than 8 alcohol products sold
100% bonus if less than 6 alcohol products sold
150% bonus if less than 4 alcohol products sold
200% bonus if less than 2 alcohol products sold

Use the format provided in the rules to post your proposals.

Check the LATEST trade post for the most current default price (D:S). If you are suspicious of an error, check the previous post and make sure they added properly.

THIS SESSION USES THE FOLLOWING RULES:
Vassals consume 1 food for every 2 vassals. (Examples: 1 vassal consumes 1 food, 2 vassals consume 1 food, 3 vassals consume 2 food, etc.)

The following Buildings are available for construction:

STOREHOUSE {city or estate} (Costs 2 shields/labor) stores up to 20 commodities (including food). NOTE: you may store up to 10 nonfood items(shields/commerce) in addition to/instead of this 20 storage.

TAVERN {city only} (Costs 3 shields/labor) allows you to sell food at a 50% bonus. The number of food you may sell at that bonus is equal to the the city Pop of the city the workshop is located in. (Example: the building is located in Apolyton whose Pop is 4. The bonus applies to 4 units of the product.)

INN {city only} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
Requires Tavern
Increases Tavern bonus on food per city pop to 100%.

SHOPPE {city only} (Costs 3 shields/labor) allows you to sell commerce at a 50% bonus. The number of commerce you may sell at that bonus is equal to the the city Pop of the city the workshop is located in. (Example: the building is located in Apolyton whose Pop is 4. The bonus applies to 4 units of the product.)

Any Shoppe in a city with a Marketplace receives an additional 25% bonus, or 75% total bonus.

WORKSHOP {city only} (Costs 4 shields/labor) allows you to sell shields at a 50% bonus. The number of shields you may sell at that bonus is equal to the the city Pop of the city the workshop is located in. (Example: the building is located in Apolyton whose Pop is 4. The bonus applies to 4 units of the product.)

BREWERY {city or estate} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert to 2 food into 2 Mead(alcohol) per labor (1 to 1 conversion).
Allows up to 4 labor to convert up 2 Grain(only source is Wheat) into 2 Beer (1 to 1 conversion). Beer sells at 30% bonus.

Source for labor on estates can be vassals or city labor from any city with the brewery in its radius. For breweries in cities the labor must come from the city labor pool and/or vassals of landowners who own land within the city's radius.

All alcohol can be sold on either the food OR commerce markets, and is calculated with the alcohol subDemand bonus.

Note that the only forseeable sources of wheat are American territory to the north and Uber Isle to the south.

WIND MILL {city or estate} ( Costs 5 shields/labor)
Allows up to 4 labor to convert 2 food into 2 flour per labor. Flour sells on the food market at a 50% bonus.

LUMBER MILL {city or estate} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
Requires tile to have river access.

Allows up to 4 labor to convert 1 shield into 2 half-shields per labor. Half-shields function exactly like shields but sell at half the price, representing crafted construction supplies. (Your turning logs (used to build log cabins) into lumber (thinner strips of wood))

RACE TRACK {city or estate} (Costs 5 shields/labor)
Requires 1 labor to operate per every 4 horses and must run at least 2 horses.
Generates 1 commerce per pop of cities with the racetrack in their radius for each labor required and that commerce is considered sold at D:S. The commerce IS considered part of the supply in the D:S calculation (it was from the Pop's disposable income).

(Example if you are running 4 horses, 1 labor, 1 commerce for each pop. Running 5 horses, requires 2 labor, generates 2 commerce for each pop.)

Each horse must come from a different player, no player can enter more than one horse per racetrack. Its up to the racetrack owner on how they want to compensate or hire players to enter horses or amount of purse if offered.

Race results will be determined by a Commisioner who CANNOT enter any horses.

Horses (commerce generated from tiles with the Horse resource) sell on the commerce market with a 30% bonus to final sale price.
Note that currently the only source of horses is notyoueither.
Horses can be kept on any tile that produces a food and as long as only one horse is kept on each tile it has no effect on the tiles food production. For each pair of horses on the same tile, 1 food is consumed.

To build a building in a city you must hire at least one labor from that city. Additional labor may be brought in from any noble's estate, but the first labor must be from the city or local authorities will not allow any construction on your building to take place.

The only building that will be "useable" the turn its built is Storehouse. All others technically use the turn to alter/sell products and should be in existence at the beginning of the turn to generate benefits.

ADDITIONAL RULES
Trade proposals
Solution 1:
The solution is generalized and is:

The nobles specify the amount of the commodity they want to sell/buy and their minimum/maximum price. The price they receive will be equal to the calculated D:S unless D:S is lower/higher than the minimum price in which case the commodity is not sold/bought.

example:
Market Assesment 4:4=$100
OneGuy offers one commerce and sets a minimum price of $70
SecondGuy offers two commerce and sets a minimum price of $0
ThirdGuy offers one commerce and sets a minimum price of $40

The turn is closed. Final D:S=4:8=$50

We are leaving the Grace Period at 15 turns but operate under the original
rules that you can buy unowned tiles after you have paid off your debt. And you can borrow
money to buy up to 3 new tiles if their total value is less than $1000 or as much as you need
on one tile. (nye- if you make $301 this
turn you can pay off your debt and be eligible to bid on tiles with a government loan)

NO CHANGE TO THE BASE RATE, BUT WE INCLUDE THE PRODUCTION OF UNOWNED TILES IN THE CITY SUPPLY.

We eliminate local vassals, leaving the only source of labor pop from cities and vassals
bought from auctions.
[/code]

The following Players would be eligible for Government Loans on New Tile Purchases this session:

civman2000 (Cash $50, Debt $0)
Duddha (Cash $894, Debt $0)
GhengisFarb (Cash=$4363, Debt=$0) -has made WAY too much money on commerce and food
jdd2007 (Cash $1659, Debt $0)
Jonny (Cash $670, Debt $0)
Kloreep (Cash $200, Debt $0)
Nimitz (Cash $278, Debt $0) *has 2 shields in stockpile
notyoueither (Cash $517, Debt $0)
rendelnep Cash $175, Debt $0)
UnOrthOdOx (Cash $280, Debt $0)
=OptimusCeasar= (Cash $0, Debt $0)

Here are the current lands STILL AVAILABLE IN BOLDYou purchase no more than 3 tiles (borrowing money from the government) and if you wish to borrow more than $1000 you can purchase only one tile. (IE, the only way you can purchase more than one tile is to buy a buch of unimproved jungle.)

Purple lands have been abandoned.

(H) 002 Apolyton NE (mined grass rd92 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce)), $1000

(A)....007 Apolyton NW12 (mined grass rd(2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)), $1000

(B)....016 Tassagrad N (mined grass rd(2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)), $1000

(C)....017 Tassagrad NE (grassland (2 food)), $450

(J) 018 Tassagrad SE (grassland(2 food, 2 shield)), $1000

(I) 019 Tassagrad S (grass rd, mine(2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)), $1000

(D)....020 Tassagrad SW (grass rd, mine(2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce)), $1000

(K) 021 Tassagrad W (jungle(1 food)), $200

(L) 029 BHQ SW (mined grass rd river(2 food, 1 shield, 2 commerce)), $1500

(E) BHQ NNW Higher (jungle w/ road (1 food, 1 commerce) ), $450

(F) Termina NW2 Higher (jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)), $500

(G) Termina NNW Higher (jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)), $500

(M) BHQ NW Center11 (jungle(1 food)), $200

CONSTRUCTION STATUS

Franses has built 4 of ? on a building in a city/estate.
Kloreep has built 1 of 2 on Storehouse on his Estate

COMMERCIAL HOLDINGS (Active during this session)
APOLYTON
GhengisFarb owns a Tavern in Apolyton
notyoueither owns a Tavern in Apolyton
Kloreep owns a Tavern in Apolyton

GhengisFarb owns a Shoppe in Apolyton
notyoueither owns a Shoppe in Apolyton

BHQ
GhengisFarb owns a Tavern in BHQ

GhengisFarb owns a Shoppe in BHQ

TASSAGRAD
GhengisFarb owns a Tavern in Tassagrad

GhengisFarb owns a Shoppe in Tassagrad

TERMINA
Epistax owns a Tavern? in Termina

RURAL HOLDINGS
GhengisFarb owns a Storehouse on tile 026 BHQ N (mountain)
GhengisFarb owns a Brewery on tile 015 Termina NE3 (grassland formerly known as jungle),

Kloreep owns a Storehouse on tile 006 Apolyton NW11 (mined grass rd)

UnOrthOdOx owns a Lumber Mill on 013 Termina NE1 (jungle)

=OttimusCeasar= owns a Storehouse on tile 022 Tassagrad NW (jungle)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 24, 2002 at 17:43.
Old September 23, 2002, 12:53   #2
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

I need 3 food and 3 commerce to sell through my Taverns and Shoppes and will pay closing D/S + $10 for the first 3 food and 3 commerce offered.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:16   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

I will give my one Commerce to Ghengis

I need 4 Shields, will return 5 1/2 shields in return. (that is enough for ANY building...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 13:31   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I will give my one Commerce to Ghengis

I need 4 Shields, will return 5 1/2 shields in return. (that is enough for ANY building...)
Will give UnOrthOdOx 4 shields at beginning of turn for 5 half shields at end of turn.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:36   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Q: Are the purple lands for auction as well? Or are we holding them in case those people return?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 13:40   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Q: Are the purple lands for auction as well? Or are we holding them in case those people return?
If has a letter assigned to it, you can bid on it. (That means the purple tiles as well, everyone of them was verbally abandoned by its owner)

However, for most players there are only 7 turn left on the No Interest/No Taxes Grace Period.

Speaking of which,

I bid $1100 on Tile A
I bid $1100 on Tile H
I bid $800 on Tile J
I bid $250 on Tile K
And $1500 on tile L (using loan for tile L)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 23, 2002 at 15:35.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:45   #7
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Bid $1000 on A.
Old September 23, 2002, 13:50   #8
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Not to nitpick, but that list is a bit messed. There are two 'J' s and F and G are listed as Termina NW whereas the map shows them as Banana HQ NW.

Just observations.

Are F and G Termina? If so, I bid $1000 on them 500 each. (I am slipping into more roll play with this, I know that isn't the best move.)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 13:56   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Not to nitpick, but that list is a bit messed. There are two 'J' s and F and G are listed as Termina NW whereas the map shows them as Banana HQ NW.

Just observations.

Are F and G Termina? If so, I bid $1000 on them 500 each. (I am slipping into more roll play with this, I know that isn't the best move.)
Fixed the phantom J, one was before the mine, the other was after the mine.

F and G are listed as Termina and are on the map as Termina, so how you're getting them mixed up with M and E I don't know. (M and E are BHQ)
Old September 23, 2002, 14:21   #10
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

The big white F and G on the map are NW of Banana HQ. I see no M as all the abandoned lands still have the old #'s on them.

F and G are from the expansion of the borders around Termina, then?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 14:51   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
The big white F and G on the map are NW of Banana HQ. I see no M as all the abandoned lands still have the old #'s on them.

F and G are from the expansion of the borders around Termina, then?
I'm really confused, none of the abandoned lands have numbers on them as they all have letters now. Have you refreshed your browser? You are looking at the map in the first post of this thread, aren't you?
Old September 23, 2002, 14:53   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

That is odd. The old map will show any time I access this page unless I manually refresh after getting in here. OK, I see the new map now...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 15:47   #13
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: $Mini-Game TRADING SESSION EIGHT (8)
Auction Status
Here are the current lands STILL AVAILABLE IN BOLDYou purchase no more than 3 tiles (borrowing money from the government) and if you wish to borrow more than $1000 you can purchase only one tile. (IE, the only way you can purchase more than one tile is to buy a buch of unimproved jungle.)

(H) 002 Apolyton NE (mined grass rd), $1000
...GhengisFarb bid $1100

...GhengisFarb bid $1100
...notyoueither bid $1000

...GhengisFarb bid $800

...GhengisFarb bid $250

...GhengisFarb bid $1500

...GhengisFarb bid $500

...GhengisFarb bid $500

Old September 23, 2002, 17:30   #14
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 03:27
Estate Jonny, Turn 8
Holdings: 003a, Apolyton SW (forest,road)
Administered By: Jonny
Buildings: None
Stockpile: 0 food, 0 shields, 0 commerce
Production This Turn: 1 food, 2 shields, 1 commerce
Current Cash: $670
Debt: $0

Transactions this Turn:
Sell 1 food to GenghisFarb at closing D/S + $10
Sell 2 shields on the open market @ $25 minimum
Sell 1 commerce to GenghisFarb at closing D/S + $10
Bid $750 on Termina NNW Higher (jungle w/ river)
Bid $800 on Termina NW2 Higher (F) (jungle w/ river)

Last edited by Jonny; September 25, 2002 at 22:44.
Old September 23, 2002, 18:30   #15
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
Bid $1000 on A.
Why don't you bid on H(produces 1 more shield than A), and I'll bid on A so we don't bid against each other?
Old September 23, 2002, 19:43   #16
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

OK. Withdraw bid on A.

Bid $1000 on H.

That is the tile labeled '7' in your diagram, correct?

/Edit, nevermind the question. I just saw UnOrthO's post, hit refresh, et voila... mystery solved.
Old September 23, 2002, 19:50   #17
notyoueither
Deity

... and then I notice you've bid on H as well. Oh well, let's see what happens.
Old September 23, 2002, 20:32   #18
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Local Time: 04:27
Estate: The Jungle Farm[instert trademark sign here]
--------
Turn: 8
Holdings: 3 Jungle Tiles near Tassagrad
Administered By: jdd2007
Production This Turn: 3 food, 0 shields, 3 commerce
Current Cash: $1659
Debt: $0

Transactions this Turn:

Sell 2 food to GenghisFarb at closing D/S + $10
Sell 2 commerce to GenghisFarb at closing D/S + $10
Sell 1 food on regular market @ $20 minimum
Sell 1 commerce on regular market @ $20 minimum
Bid $300 on: (K) 021 Tassagrad W (jungle(1 food))
Bid $1600 om: (L) 029 BHQ SW (mined grass rd river(2 food, 1 shield, 2 commerce)),

Last edited by jdd2007; September 23, 2002 at 21:02.
Old September 23, 2002, 20:43   #19
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:27
Dudeville
Turn #: 008
Holdings: 010 Termina NE (mined grass rd)
Cash: $894
Debt: -$0

Administered by: Duddha

Production this turn: 2 food, 1 shield, 1 commerce
---
Proposed Deals:

Sell 2 of 2 food @ $50 minimum
Sell 1 of 1 commerce @ $50 minimum
Sell 1 of 1 shields @ $50 minimum

Bids:

(F) Termina NW2 Higher (jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)),

(G) Termina NNW Higher (jungle w/ river(1 food, 1 commerce)),

$600 on each

Last edited by Duddha; September 24, 2002 at 00:35.
Old September 23, 2002, 21:56   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

I bid $1100 on Tile A
Withdraw bid on Tile H
I bid $1000 on Tile J
I bid $350 on Tile K
And $1650 on tile L (using loan for tile L)

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 23, 2002 at 22:04.
Old September 23, 2002, 22:04   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: Re: $Mini-Game TRADING SESSION EIGHT (8)
Auction Status

...GhengisFarb bid $1100(WITHDRAWN)

...GhengisFarb bid $1100
...notyoueither bid $1000(WITHDRAWN)

...GhengisFarb bid $1000

...GhengisFarb bid $350
...jdd2007 bid $300
...GhengisFarb bid $250

...GhengisFarb bid $1650
...jdd2007 bid $1600
...GhengisFarb bid $1500

...Duddha bid $600
...UnOrthOdOx bid $500

...Duddha bid $600
...UnOrthOdOx bid $500

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 23, 2002 at 22:10.
Old September 23, 2002, 22:53   #22
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

I'm now bidding $625 on Termina NNW Higher.

My original post was updated to show this.
Old September 23, 2002, 23:13   #23
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

I'm now bidding $650 on Termina NNW Higher.
Old September 23, 2002, 23:17   #24
Jonny

$750 on Termina NNW Higher.
Old September 23, 2002, 23:36   #25
Duddha
Prince

$800 on Termina NNW Higher.
Old September 24, 2002, 07:32   #26
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Ill build 450 EA on E and C.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 24, 2002, 07:52   #27
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Re: Re: Re: $Mini-Game TRADING SESSION EIGHT (8)
Auction Status

...GhengisFarb bid $1100(WITHDRAWN)

...GhengisFarb bid $1100
...notyoueither bid $1000(WITHDRAWN)

...UnOrthOdOx bid $450

...GhengisFarb bid $1000

...GhengisFarb bid $350
...jdd2007 bid $300
...GhengisFarb bid $250

...GhengisFarb bid $1650
...jdd2007 bid $1600
...GhengisFarb bid $1500

...UnOrthOdOx bid $450

...Duddha bid $600
...UnOrthOdOx bid $500

...Duddha bid $800
...Jonny bid $750
...Duddha bid $650
...Jonny bid $625
...Duddha bid $600
...UnOrthOdOx bid $500

Old September 24, 2002, 10:09   #28
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 08:27
The Jungle Lands
Turn #: 008
Holdings: 022 Tassagrad NW (jungle), BHQ SW10 (jungle river), BHQ NW Lower (jungle),

Cash: $0 Debt: $0
Buildings: Storehouse
1 French Vassal
1 Persian Vassal
Vassals eat one food.

Administered by: =OttomusCeasar=, Lord of the Jungle

Production this turn: 2 food, 0 shield, 1 commerce
---
Proposed Deals:

Sell 2 of 2 food @ D/S + $10 to GF
Sell 1 of 1 commerce @ D/S
Rent 2 vassals to GF for $20 each.

Bid $1000 for tile B (Using Govt Loan)

[/code]

Last edited by =OttomusCeasar=; September 24, 2002 at 10:47.
Old September 24, 2002, 10:25   #29
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

=OttomusCeasar= ,
1) Your vassals will eat one of your food.

2) I would like to hire your vassals at $20 each AND buy your 2 excess food at D/S +$10, but I'm only buying the food if I get your vassals.

If =O= agrees to this I'm going to need to buy 2 more food @ D/S +$10.
Old September 24, 2002, 10:48   #30
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 08:27
Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
=OttomusCeasar= ,
1) Your vassals will eat one of your food.

2) I would like to hire your vassals at $20 each AND buy your 2 excess food at D/S +$10, but I'm only buying the food if I get your vassals.

If =O= agrees to this I'm going to need to buy 2 more food @ D/S +$10.
Okay to everything, I updated my post. Do we update auction bids in our posts or just make new bids in new posts. If we update posts how are you going to tell which bid was the latest?