through peace with Persia after Pyramids. 5 16.67%
buy it now. 9 30.00%
buy it from Greece when dyes renegotiated 10 33.33%
trade Chivalry for it to France/Baby when they get it 2 6.67%
wait 12 turns and learn it on our own 3 10.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 24, 2002, 19:00   #31
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:27
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I honestly don't know what the concensus is right now, so I speak only on my behalf when I say that it's not the question of how close the AIs are to finishing the Chapel that's botherring me, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's near completion (after all it only costs the AIs 450 shields rather than 600 because of the lowered cost factor). It is rather losing the chance of getting more GLs from this war that's bothering me.
If you look back you will realize that we've already got TWO leaders out of this war, and we're about halfway through in terms of the number of times our elite units will enter combat. IMHO it is very possible that we will get yet another GL from this war, and I for one simply don't want to miss this opportunity.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 24, 2002, 19:05   #32
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:27
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I honestly don't know what the concensus is right now, so I speak only on my behalf when I say that it's not the question of how close the AIs are to finishing the Chapel that's botherring me, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's near completion (after all it only costs the AIs 450 shields rather than 600 because of the lowered cost factor). It is rather losing the chance of getting more GLs from this war that's bothering me.
If you look back you will realize that we've already got TWO leaders out of this war, and we're about halfway through in terms of the number of times our elite units will enter combat. IMHO it is very possible that we will get yet another GL from this war, and I for one simply don't want to miss this opportunity.
Very good point, Shiber -- one that should be considered.

Personally, my feeling is that we were very lucky to get two great leaders out of this war, and we'd be streaching our luck to hope for a third (not that I'd complain if we got one ). On the other hand, if we throw our budget for the next twenty turns by throwing a ton of money into the Tech/Wonder pair, our economy will probably be damaged, at least for the time being. I don't mean to say that we should def. not buy it now -- if we're going to have to buy it anyway, then it probably should be ASAP -- but in my opinion, the big risk is the AI getting the Wonder, not us missing a GL.

-- adaMada
Old September 25, 2002, 08:21   #33
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:27
Yes. Use the Leader now. On an army.
Old September 25, 2002, 10:30   #34
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:27
The next five turns, no offensive is planned, therefore there is little chance of losing even a chance at a GL as any attacks made against us will be directed at the units flagged defenders first, and there are none of those which are Elite, even if an Elite unit defends, our chances are Halved of producing a GL for defense.

There is no need to worry about the leader for the next five turns, and we will be in a better position to acquire Theology by the end of them.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 10:34   #35
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Local Time: 08:27
I thought the consensus was pretty clear that they wanted to BUY THEOLOGY NOW and build the Sistine ASAP.

Between the buy it in one turn from the Greeks and Buy it now camps thats something like 67% of the respondants OR A TWO THIRDS VOTE.

So why has Togas refused to do this, and put Theology on a back burner to gold accumulation?
Old September 25, 2002, 10:35   #36
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

My belief is this, if russia time to complete>5 we buy theology when the current dye agreement ends and then build it immediately. If not we then make a decision when to best build it.
Old September 25, 2002, 11:22   #37
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

We only have 1 turn before the Greeks deal comes up? I didn't realize it was that quickly coming up.

How do I change my vote in the poll from "Buy it Now" to "Buy it from Greece when Dyes are negoiated"?

I would also suggest that in future polls, if we know how many turns it will be before an event occurs, we list it with the option.)

I'd recommend waiting for next turn before establishing an embassy with Russia. We need to verify that we can afford to purchase Theology from Greece before we build the embassy.
Old September 25, 2002, 12:13   #38
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 00:27
Quote:
Originally posted by =OttomusCeasar=
So why has Togas refused to do this, and put Theology on a back burner to gold accumulation?
I think you might want to check my orders here before you jump to any conclusions about what I am doing.

I need to know the urgency of this project. I need more information. My default order (buy during greek dye renegotiation) has been set to go with the winner of this poll, but if new information presents itself during the chat, I may change my orders to do what is best for the nation.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old September 25, 2002, 12:43   #39
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:27
I did not realize we're not attacking Persepolis in the next five turns. In that case, it's okay with me if we wait until the mass attack on Persepolis.
- Phantom of the Opera