Old September 23, 2002, 18:44   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 03:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The State of the Nation: 310 AD!
This report is intended to advise and analyze trends in Apolytonia over time. These stats are the result of analysis of five saved games, 2590 BC, 1400 BC, 430 BC, 350 BC, 210 BC, 30 BC, 170 AD, and 310 AD (current).

SUMMARY:

*The population of Apolytonia has swelled from 1,378,000 citizens in 170 AD to 2,064,000 citizens in 170 AD, a large growth of 49.8%, a vast improvement over last period (note however that 13.6% of the population is from the capture of Pasargadae).
*120,000 volunteers, and 260,000 slaves now works the fields, roads, and mines of Apolytonia. The percentage of slave labor has risen even higher: 68% of the workforce is comprised of slaves: 130,000 Persian (yikes!), 10,000 Germanic, 50,000 American, 20,000 Babylonian, 10,000 Roman, 10,000 Greek and 30,000 of French descent. If you were to count these workers as Apolytonian citizens, the population would rise by 12.6%!
*Apolyton is no longer the nation's largest city (in fact it is now 17th!). Pasargadae, a riotous and dangerous metropolis by comparison, is the largest city our nation has ever held, with 280,000 citizens.
*Macross City stands out as the best all-around grower in Apolyton, tied for 4th largest in population.
*Gaia brings in the most income, with 8 Lytons per turn, whilst Apolyton brings in the most income per capita, .155 lytons per thousand people.
*Tassagrad produces the most shields, 6 per turn, while the Termina produces the most per capita, at .069 shield per thousand people.
*The state of scientific output is to be applauded for growth; nine cities, up from five cities, produce output, each city with one. It is worthwhile to note that the intelligencia continue to spread outside of Mingapulco province, with scientific centers as far flung as Île de Rose province and Uber Island.
*The alarming influx of foreign blood in the past two centuries has shot up to incredible, never-before-seen proportions. The attached chart explains most; it is also noted that the french are the most widespread minority (present in Mingapulco, Piña Colada, and Île de Rose provinces).

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating has slacked off from it;s an astounding height but is still strong and second in the world, at 72%.
-The remainder of Apolytonia's demographics mostly speaks of good news. Leading this good news is the rise in population from 8th place in the world to a much more suitable 4th!
-The disease however has RISEN this term up 1% to 33%, and still worst in the entire world.
-The most alarming trend is the continued drop in average military service to 5 from 7 years. This trend has come to the point that we are now the least mobilized nation in the world!!! The Minister of Economy points out to the SMC that upgrading older units will not remedy this situation; i.e. it is suggested that new units be built in addition to upgrades.
-More cause for the scientists to rejoice is the doubling of the literacy rate to 6%.

Current Regional Comparisons:
•Mingapulco Province(currently Apolyton, Termina, Tassagard, Banana HQ, Port Rouge):
403,000 (a shocking fall due to the plight of Apolyton); 6.0% foreign (a rise!); 19.5% of national population (a horrendous and unbelievable fall). 26 Lytons income (a net loss); 20 shields output (a net loss); 3 science output.
•Principality of Piña Colada (currently Timeline, Gaia, Del Monte, Chiquita, Opiadum):
599,000; 8.0% foreign (no change); 29.0% of national population (a large rise). 19 Lytons income (a net gain); 14 shields output (a net gain); 3 science output (tripled!).
•El Niño Province (currently Loveshack, Seeberg, Ubergorsk, Geofront, Napoleton, Oak Ridge):
294,000; 0% foreign (due to the re-assigment of Tyre); 14.2% of national population (a large drop). 12 Lytons income (a net loss); 11 shields output (a net gain); 0 science.
•Île de Rose (currently Here It Is, Macross City, Jerusalem, Hole In Wall):
355,000 (nearly doubled!); 17.7% foreign (a large drop); 17.2% of national population (a fair rise). 12 Lytons income; 8 shields output (a slight loss); 2 science output (a first!).
•Uber Island (currently Another Glorious City, Thebes):
82,000 (nearly doubled!); 0% foreign; 4.0% of of national population (a small rise). 5 Lyton income (net gain); 1 shield output (gross loss due to revolt); 1 science output (a first!).
•Persian Annexation (currently Tyre, Willsbury, Pasargadae):
331,000; 100% foreign; 15.8% of national population. 5 Lyton income; 2 shield output; 0 scient output. *note that this province is so far unofficial, and is this considered an anomaly at this point*
Analysis: Mingapulco's hegemony has been violently broken. The recently established Mingapulcan People's Party is outraged at the absolute decline in their province's dominance and power shift to Piña Colada; the MPP talks about ways of regaining Mingapulco's status, via immigration by attraction, development of infrastructure, city planning, and in more radicals ideas, terrorist actions against competing provinces, especially Piña Coladato be contested, as it finally is not the majority in population and above all is not the sole scientific center. Île de Rose province continues to post it's own gains and shows prospects for greatness, as does Uber Island, but El Niño Province has been severely hampered by constant warring.

Foreign Comparisons:
*note: these stats are estimates based off of averages and cannot be made any more accurate by way of current knowledge of the country (and without cheating) thus all numbers are approximate*
~France = 515,000 or 0.25 times the size of Apolytonia (68.9% increase)
~Greece = 2,150,000 or 1.04 times the size of Apolytonia (49.3% increase)
~Aztec = 1,385,000 or 0.67 times the size of Apolytonia (1.1% increase)
~Persia = 1,305,000 or 0.63 times the size of Apolytonia (-31.3% increase)
~England = 1,920,000 or 0.93 times the size of Apolytonia (18.5% increase)
~America = 335,000 or 0.16 times the size of Apolytonia (19.6% increase)
~Germany = 2,350,000 or 1.14 times the size of Apolytonia (35.1% increase)
~Russia = 1,500,000 or 0.73 times the size of Apolytonia (51.5% increase)
~Babylon = 700,000 or 0.34 times the size of Apolytonia (52.2% increase)
~Rome = 2,470,000 or 1.20 times the size of Apolytonia (49.7% increase)
~Iroquois = 585,000 or 0.28 times the size of Apolytonia (34.5% increase)
Analysis: Population of the known world rose to 17,279,000 a growth rate of 41.5%. Numbers on the remaining 3 civilizations are unavailable, but we can conclude (based upon Apolytonia's world ranking of 8th in population) that there is, at most, 1 as-yet-unknown civ's whose population is larger. The fall in Persia's population is due to the war, but the cause of staleness in Aztec population is unknown.

Population Density:
*due to currently unavailable estimates of foreign nations' land area, density is based on average city size.
^Apolytonia = 82,600 per city
^France = 57,200 per city
^Greece = 119,400 per city
^Aztec = 92,300 per city
^Persia = 145,000 per city
^England = 160,000 per city
^America = 83,800 per city
^Germany = 213,600 per city
^Russia = 136,300 per city
^Babylon = 140,000 per city
^Rome = 164,700 per city
^Iroquois = 58,500 per city
Analysis: It is the opinion of this department that this statistical display is the poorest performance of Apolytonia, all things considered. Even weak nations such as America surpass our city size; Apolyton is the laughing stock of every other national capital (save the vanquished French and pathetic Iroquois). If our nations truly wishes to be a great power, something must be done to make our cities a respectable size.

Military Stats:
*note:military stats are for the purpose of comparisons only, and are not absolute indications of strength; they are however adjusted to consider strength of units (to account for, example, that fact that 10 musketmen are better than 10 spearmen).*
+ Total offensive power in 30 BC is 64(2 naval); defensive is 67(2 naval); mobility is 47(6 naval)
+Total offensive power in 170 AD is 72(2 naval); defensive is 75(2 naval); mobility is 51(6 naval)
+Total offensive power in 310AD is 79(2 naval); defensive is 81(2 naval);
mobility is 64(6 naval); bombardment is 8.
+Offensive power has grown a fair 9.7%.
+Defensive power has grown 8% (and will rise as pikemen are implemented).
+Mobility has grown 25.5% (due to new war chariots and knights).
+The number of total units has risen to 41.

MAJOR POWERS: (any nation with 15% more points than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Greece, 31.8% above mean (a miniscule drop)
2. Apolyton, 23.4% above mean
*There were a lot of changes and shake-ups over the last term. Hail Mighty Apolyton! Our nation is now, for the first time ever, a great power! We join the ranks on our continent with Greece! It is also worthwhile to note that Rome has surpassed England in the rankings.*

MAJOR GROWERS: (any nation with 2% more growth than the mean; "lost civs" not listed):
1. Apolyton, 10.1% above mean (a fair rise)
2. Rome, 2.3% above the mean
*note: This term saw an overall increase in growth compared with the last term; Rome rejoins the ranking of the Major Growers, and this may cause many to raise an eyebrow. Apolyton now has the distinction of being the only nation to ever have the status of both Major Power and Major Grower!

Overall Suggestions to Ministers:
1. The shift in balance of power in amongst the provinces is very interesting. I suggest that El Niño be given extra help to develop, as it is quickly falling behind the pace. The M.P.P. must be dealt with as well; their better policies such as beautification and expansion of industry in Mingapulco are helpful, but terrorism and sabotage may become an issue.
2. The new Persian Annexation is going to require special attention. Such a large group of foreigners (already alarming to the A.R.E.), will cause problems later on, particularly if a sizable portion of Persia is left autonomous. Thus the statistics recommends pushing the war effort further.
3. The science output is increasing nicely; it should be a goal of the 4th Term government to put Apolyton on a respectable scientific footing.

*note: two charts follow*

If you wish for any further or statistics, or have any questions, contact Reddawg.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	ethnic310ad.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	25436  
Old September 23, 2002, 18:45   #2
Reddawg
Prince

World Population, 310 AD.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	worldpop310ad.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	25437  
Old September 23, 2002, 20:02   #3
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:28
I must say your stats are getting better every time, with better graphs and more important stats. Way to go!!
I think we all agree that your regular reports have changed the way the game is played in several aspects, most notably long-term planning, world perception and role play.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 23, 2002, 20:12   #4
Reddawg
Prince

Shiber that has to be about the best compliment I could have possibly received; thank you!

If someone doesn't start a MPP thread soon, I will!
Old September 23, 2002, 20:21   #5
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:28
Damn foreigners, something must be done!
Old September 23, 2002, 21:35   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
I must say your stats are getting better every time, with better graphs and more important stats. Way to go!!
I think we all agree that your regular reports have changed the way the game is played in several aspects, most notably long-term planning, world perception and role play.
Reddawg,
I’m making mine the Shiber's words. What can I say more? Your stats became essential. Thanks!
Old September 23, 2002, 21:45   #7
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

Quote:
[SIZE=1]
If someone doesn't start a MPP thread soon, I will!
Huh? Can you 'splain MPP?

BTW, I fully agree with shiber

I am impressed with the nature and quality of your stats.

Moreso with the turnaroud time. Last week you had the stats up the same night.
Good job
How do you do it?

Thanks

Mss
Old September 23, 2002, 22:17   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Wow... this is incredible.

Out of interest, how did you get many of those statistics from the game? I'm not really aware of how you either obtained the information for some of it or exactly how you figured the results. I'd be interested because I was trying to get info like this when I was playing games single-player. Thanks.
Old September 24, 2002, 08:19   #9
Reddawg
Prince

ManicStarSeed and Arnelos,

thank you... how do i do it? well i usually get to work on it as soon as the latest save is out. as for where i got my data and whatnot, i cant give away ALL my secrets! its taken some invention and creativity on my part, and it wasnt until about the 4th edition that i felt like it was working smoothly and methodically. here's one tidbit: to get foreign populations, i have the average population for any given city size, and i count how many cities of each size they have (from our latest maps anyway) and go from there.
Old September 24, 2002, 08:58   #10
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:28
Re: The State of the Nation: 310 AD!
Quote:
Originally posted by Reddawg

*Demographic highlights:
-Apolytonia's approval rating has slacked off from it;s an astounding height but is still strong and second in the world, at 72%.
The people are mearely disheartened that MrWIA did not run again. Soon they will see that OPD is quite competant and will do a fine job.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 24, 2002, 09:41   #11
ThePlagueRat
PtWDG RoleplayCTP2 Source Code ProjectACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 09:28
Re: The State of the Nation: 310 AD!
Quote:

The state of scientific output is to be applauded for growth; nine cities, up from five cities, produce output, each city with one. It is worthwhile to note that the intelligencia continue to spread outside of Mingapulco province, with scientific centers as far flung as Île de Rose province and Uber Island.

•Uber Island (currently Another Glorious City, Thebes):
82,000 (nearly doubled!); 0% foreign; 4.0% of of national population (a small rise). 5 Lyton income (net gain); 1 shield output (gross loss due to revolt); 1 science output (a first!).
Hi, recently I moved down to Uber Island. On a coast whom by natives were called The Calamares. I'll tell you what happened...

First: We started up a local Thinkers Guild department,
hence the first science output... ( dr.PlagueRat invented a water screw and is now working on a a depoyable fishing pole)
Library production was under discussion, and we found a nice site for one. Now, we must await the governmental plans in order to built it. Then a Guild initiation ritual went a bit out of control and we had to sleep for 5 days. You see, it involved extensive inhalation of Bannanabis Sativa through a complicated pipe system...

Second: We tried to ease the revolting peasants,
who opposed the governmental influence, and ceased their production. They became a bit more content when we told them
there should be no oppression of the free thought...
(And gave them the rest of our Bannanabis supplies)

Third: The presidential appointment of the new local governor could solve the problem. A decentralized org.structure would then be appropriate. Jdd I think, got that position. Hmm,
he will have to go through the initiation ritual when he arrives...
Old September 24, 2002, 10:00   #12
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Bannanabis Sativa??? Hey, I'm moving to Uber Isle too!
Old September 24, 2002, 12:02   #13
Reddawg
Prince

So I see that our Psycho-in-residence, PlagueRat (lol j/k) has moved onto Uber Island... thereby making it a liberal haven. At least he didn't join a radical group like A.R.E. or the M.P.P.
Old September 24, 2002, 12:33   #14
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
So I see that our Psycho-in-residence, PlagueRat (lol j/k) has moved onto Uber Island... thereby making it a liberal haven. At least he didn't join a radical group like A.R.E. or the M.P.P.
Reddawg,
Bannanabis Sativa is part of a new religion, the Bananastafari, and we can't join any group like A.R.E., 'cause our enemy is Babylon, only Babylon. Our god is the Emperor Banana Salassie, who cames to our planet to give us the sacred Banannabis (in our celebrations, we call it "Bananakaya") and free our people from slavery. Come to our Paradise, everybody is welcome... but bring your own Bananakaya.

Here's a image of Banana Salassie:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	hailesalassie.gif
Views:	302
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	25495  
Old September 25, 2002, 12:39   #15
ThePlagueRat
King

On my expedition through the Notylopian Jungle I met
an old tribal medicineman who had cultivated
Banannabis in this jungle, in a whole lifetime.
A share of 15% of the vegetation there, had been taken by Banannabis, and increasing. It's a large jungle and it's kinda holy too. Emperor Salassie has his roots there.

The old medicineman i met gave me 4 sacks of seeds, and taught me everything about the new religion. I was convinced and so was my Guildsmen.
(Thinkers sometimes need a break in there thinking, right?)
So we brought it with us to Uber Island.
Now it has become the common medicine on Uber Island,
to cure nausea and anorexia amongst many other...
Old September 25, 2002, 19:04   #16
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

wow! where did this come from!
Old September 25, 2002, 22:15   #17
Reddawg
Prince

So, PlagueRat, i take it you don't want me to go back to espousing the clearing of all jungle tiles in Apolyton!?
Old September 26, 2002, 16:37   #18
ThePlagueRat
King

Quote:
So, PlagueRat, i take it you don't want me to go back to espousing the clearing of all jungle tiles in Apolyton!?

Now, THAT would be your way of triggering a revolution.
I can hardly wait to grab a scythe and defend the crops.
Hmm, all that conspiracy could put us in the worst imaginable situation. So let's sit down and grab a peacepipe instead?