Old September 23, 2002, 18:44   #1
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:28
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Presidential adress (a few announcements)
We've had great news from the front lines of the persian war about a great man would leads our troops and is greatly respected by our people. But we should not get carried away we need to stay focused as we are still in a critical time. We are now the greatest civilization in the world and need to stay there. Behind in tech yes we are but we shall change that. Our armies are among the strongest and most feared in the known world and our empire spreads far and wide.

Anyway a few announcements;

Two (cough) new judges.
- Kring
- NotYouEither

May you serve us well.

The responsibility for the Gl falls to Apoc so consult him about polls etc. Also as it appears we'll probably be build sistines and in the abscence of GK UnOr should also be concerned with this.

With regard to the palace commitee a decision is need soon.

I was planning on another chat this tuesday or wednesday but with the GL and the need for a plan for the palace it would be better to leave it till sunday. However I think we should still have a chat on wednesday to play one turn and to discuss things as there are alot of things to address before we can move on. If this is ok then topics should be the GL, the palace, the war with Persia and the US aswell as a general discussion about how things in the game are going and possible future strategies.
I don't really want to have only 2 days to decide what to do with our Gl and we really do have alot to discuss.

If you agree to such a chat then please tell me so. If so it'll probably be about 8 pm Uk time 7 GMT.

Apologies to anyone expecting a chat at 5 pm tomorrow but time is one thing we need and have.

Finally things are so far going well we have the ability and the know how to achieve more than any previous term. Mainly because we have more responsibilty and more important decisions to make than previous administrations. Ministers- the orders for last turns were great keep up the good work.

cheers opd
Old September 23, 2002, 19:16   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:28
I agree to waiting till the weekend. Not sure if I'll be able to make sunday chat, but it's as likely as any other time, and I agree that we should wait and discuss.

-- adaMada
Old September 23, 2002, 19:21   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:28
I'll go have a look at the Palace thing, but at the moment, without rushing it, there is no need to decide in the next 5 turns.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 23, 2002, 19:38   #4
Reddawg
Prince

I only agree with waiting on the next turn b/c I too am really busy during the week... but if we could at least play one turn on Wednsday that'd be much preferable!
Old September 23, 2002, 19:41   #5
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

If people want full set of turns we can do that.
Old September 23, 2002, 21:26   #6
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:28
IMO, we should wait till Sunday. We need time to prepare plans, make some official polls about the GL, Sistine, Persian War, a possible Second American War, The FB, Uber Isle, our Golden Age... We need tools, like stats, maps, calculations, long-term strategies. All that stuff is in progress, in many, many threads (I need time to organize myself and understand all!). One week of discussions and planning could be useful, could make the game runs faster.
Old September 23, 2002, 22:44   #7
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I for one would like a full 5 turns, I am already ready and want to get ready to rumble. Thats the thing about SMC, when you make plans out of necessity you make long term plans and just fit the current situation into them. So I would prefer a full turn, the only issue i really see is what to do with GL. But togas seems to have this covered in his poll(the how to deal with theology). I would like the GL to build sistine in willsbury. But I suspect we could wait a few turns to decide since we probably won't produce a gl anytime soon, since the knights will bare the brunt of the attack and they are still veterans. By the way I need sleep and 7gmt is 2am for me I am free 12-21gmt(though I might sleepwalk through a few turns at 12z) I summation I would really,really,really like to play 5 turns and also I would rather have the next chat fri/sat. Remember little of importance miltarily will happen this next 5 turns but if all goes well on the building front the following 5 turns will be the summit of our glory, with a northern knight army bearing down on the northern persian cities and our great army dismantling the persian homeland. If we don't play during this week these turns will occur during a weekday chat.
Aggie
Old September 24, 2002, 15:39   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

So, there's a turnchat tomorrow?
Will be a five-turns chat or just one turn?
Dalnet or the other one (Usenet?)?
When, exactly?
Old September 24, 2002, 16:20   #9
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

----

This post has been deleted.

Sell your photos

Last edited by Sheik; September 24, 2002 at 17:28.
Old September 24, 2002, 16:26   #10
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:28
Undernet, actually. Usenet is something completely different (a network of newsgroups, if you've ever heard of those).
Anyway, I recommend that we use Undernet again.
As for the question of when and how long, I don't have a clue either but I like the idea of playing just one turn this time.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 24, 2002, 16:37   #11
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
----

This post has been deleted because I am a judge and comments made may be illegal.

Well, we are doing something illegal for sure... See you in the court, folks!
Old September 24, 2002, 16:55   #12
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheik
----

This post has been deleted because I am a judge and comments made may be illegal.
*Sigh*

Perhaps people will learn someday. I already went through deletions with Timeline some time ago...It is worse to hide the fact than to face it.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 24, 2002, 17:12   #13
OPD
King

I do illegal things everyday.
Either the court doesn't notice it or they don't have the balls to do anything about it.

That reminds me there's a poll I really should start.
Old September 24, 2002, 17:25   #14
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD
I do illegal things everyday.
Either the court doesn't notice it or they don't have the balls to do anything about it.

That reminds me there's a poll I really should start.
. Didn't even realize that there was a lack of said poll until you mentioned this (assuming I'm thinking right). The people must trust you a lot, OPD -- or they're all so drunk from the post GL celebration at the last turnchat that they didn't notice.

-- adaMada
Old September 24, 2002, 17:28   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I NOTICED but havent had time to double check the CoL to see if that part was bypassed to RE-nomination.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 24, 2002, 17:29   #16
Sheik
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

No one did anything illegal.

Sell your photos
Old September 24, 2002, 17:33   #17
Aro
lifer
Emperor

Old September 24, 2002, 17:50   #18
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I NOTICED but havent had time to double check the CoL to see if that part was bypassed to RE-nomination.
Oh oh.

*ppst -- OPD.* UnOrthO's trouble. He noticed. You better have Aggie take care of him.

-- adaMada
Old September 24, 2002, 17:52   #19
OPD
King

As it seems the public opinion on the GL is quite conclusive and that building the chapel will not result in a GA then a full set of turns may be done tommorrow.

The chat will begin at 7PM GMT thats 19 GMT or 8 PM uk time. Check the saves thread at the top for your time zone. The chat will being at 7 and one turn will be played. If all minister's including Ghengis have posted their plans for the next 5 turns, Aggie is present and Togas is present or has briefed a replacement then 5 turns will be played.

I do want to do 5 but don't want to get caught up making SMC decisions again and this chat is also an important one in terms of foreign trade.

Turn up early if you want to discuss things. The GL will be used to build the chapel so if UnOr wants to pick a city then everything should be ok.