Old November 9, 2002, 13:48   #31
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:29
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Since there isn't an official orders thread yet, I'll post my temporary orders here. Do they seem ok?

Quote:
Base locations: (6.108), (5.113), (19.107), (27.105), (30.98)

Some more former orders. You probably won't need them all but you never know:

Former SE of Sheathed Sword, to be assisted by the former in construction in that base:
Finish the mine. Then move north to condense&road that flat&rainy tile.

Four formers near Terminal Dogma:
Complete the road to that base; farm&solar (15.67) and forest (17.67) along the road. Then split them in two groups. Group one builds a road to a new base location (try the road to cross the least possible fungus squares). Group two builds a mine&road on (18.68). If finished, build farm/condenser/roads on those flat&moist tiles east of Terminal Dogma.

Three formers near Tacticus Academy
Two of them finish the condenser. The third builds roads on the flat squares (7.85), (5.87), (6.88-90). If finished, start on another condenser on one of these tiles.

Two former en route to (27.105):
Complete road to base location. Then build sensor array on future base square. Continue with planting forest on the tile SE of base location. Then build farm/condenser/road on that nutrient tile.

Two formers en route to (19.107):
Finish road. Then build sensor array on the future base square. Then build farm/condenser/road on the nutrient tile.

Two formers near New Tassagrad (with a third one to come):
Complete road to that base. Then build a farm on the tile S of New Tassagrad. Then build a road towards the previous group of two formers to complete the "Freshwater Ring" superhighway. Plant some forest when they have spare time.

Two formers near Deus Ex Machina (with third to come):
Complete farm/solar/road. One former should create a forest E of Deus Ex Machina. The two others are to build a road to new base location (6.108).
Furthermore my Bureau of Terraformation has sent out prospectors to our all our known lands to determine which regions would be most suitable for intensive agriculture due to high raininess combined with a low (industrially valuable) mineral presence. As a consequence they came up with the following plans to build condensers. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	northcondenser.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	310.1 KB
ID:	28902  
Old November 9, 2002, 13:49   #32
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Central Territory:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	centrecondenser.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	28903  
Old November 9, 2002, 13:50   #33
Maniac

Eastern Territory:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	eastcondenser.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	284.3 KB
ID:	28904  
Old November 9, 2002, 13:57   #34
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:29
most of those are good, but i'd rather substitute many of them (esp the coastal ones) for boreholes.
Old November 9, 2002, 14:05   #35
Maniac

That's indeed a possibility. I could organize a poll: "Do you want boreholes, condensers or fifty-fifty on the indicated squares?" Another way to poll the condenser<->borehole question, besides on a tile-by-tile basis, I don't really see.
Old November 9, 2002, 14:08   #36
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

the small dots are other places boreholes would be nice (of course, not all at once)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2.gif
Views:	31
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	28905  
Old November 9, 2002, 14:10   #37
Method
Emperor

/me sneezes
some of those might be too high though
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	1.gif
Views:	23
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	28906  
Old November 9, 2002, 14:27   #38
Maniac

So you would build boreholes on rainy squares? Based on the Big Huge Terraformation poll I'd say not many will like that. Comments from others?

Anyway, we already have two poll proposals.
Old November 9, 2002, 14:30   #39
Method
Emperor

i put boreholes everywhere indiscriminate of raininess. it doesn't matter, because i forest everything else anyways (except the odd condensor). farms are less productive than hybrid forest/tree farm forest tiles, so i skip them
Old November 25, 2002, 20:18   #40
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:29
Drogue I think you are right this is the thread to discuss green and environmental issues beyond party confines. The above discussion is a good example. So just retrieving thread from the depths.