Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Has anyone heard of this?
Quote:
Vivendi Expands Line-up of LotR Games
09:29 | by Aramo
Vivendi Universal Publishing has brought forth news on several new games based upon professor J.R.R. Tolkien's renowned novels currently under development by Vivendi Universal Games' Black Label Games studio. For the past few months there have been rumors with respect to an online massively multiplayer game, and today it was revealed that The Lord of the Rings: Middle-earth Online is to be this title. The game simulates a dynamical equivalent of Middle-earth, the chief continent of Tolkien's fantasy world Arda.
In real-time strategy title The Lord of the Rings: The War of the Ring you choose either to join the Elves and Men or pledge loyalty to the Dark Lord Sauron. The game's storyline focuses upon the events leading to the formation of the Fellowship and the Ring Quest.
A MMRPG and an RTS set in Middle Earth?

Does anyone know where I can find some info about the respective games? Also, would anyone care to take a guess on if the games will be any good?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old September 24, 2002, 15:48   #2
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:30
I hadn't heard of them ... they sound very interesting, but MMORPG and RTS games aren't usually my favourites.
Old September 24, 2002, 16:05   #3
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:30
If usenet postings are to be believed, some of the Ultima Online guys will be working on the implementation of the MMORPG. I don't know if that's good or bad, myself, since I don't play that type of games.
Old September 24, 2002, 21:18   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:30
...So, sierra finally sold the license?
Old September 24, 2002, 21:23   #5
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:30
Sierra owns the Book license, not the movie license.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club