Old September 24, 2002, 17:40   #1
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 03:30
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Directory Official Opening! Thread submittion back-requests.
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=62224

Everyone,
I'm pleased to say that the directory is finally fully operational. I'd like to apologize for the delay -- it was a lot harder to find time to get the format up on a section by section basis then I'd originally thought. Now everything's up, however, we should begin moving briskly.

I plan to have a permant submittion thread that hopefully everyone'll use up in a day or two, but until then I wanted to start this thread to collect any threads from the past week that I've missed. I'm aware that there are some very obvious holes in the content of the Directory, and I'm adding stuff all the time now, but any links to fill those holes would be awsome as well.

Anyway, if anyone should happen to notice some official thread that a Minister/Department has posted before and that's not there, please let me know. Any other major discussion threads (~ 20 posts or more) or other significant discussion threads? Official polls? Anything else that has a section? Anything else that should (in your opinion) go in? Threads technically started last term but with lots/important posts from this term? Post post post away .

If you can, please do provide a thread URL. If you want to be very helpful, you could also provide the thread subject. If you want to be really really helpful, you could put it in the following format:

[ url = *urlhere* ] Text Title [ /url ]

with or without spaces around and inside the tags (without will make a real link, with will make a link I can copy directly from the front end of your post and then take spaces out of without going into the quote post screen). That's the format that links in the directory are in (and the standard poly format), so I'll be able to copy it directly in if it's already in that format. Of course, no pressure -- even only a thread subject is a lot better than nothing, and a huge help.

Thanks everyone! If anyone has any suggestions for Directory sections, please let me know -- I'll still consider adding any that I think are awsome ideas.

Finally, UnOrthO's thoughts in Random thoughts on the direcotry, and ease thereof didn't get too much discussion, and I'd love to hear more thoughts about it.

Cheers!

-- adaMada

EDIT: Just to clarify, anyone may reply to this thread with comments, suggestions, requests for wine to celebrate the official opening -- whatever. It's a discussion/suggestion/submittion thread, not another one of those no-fun post-count-killer "do not replies" .

Last edited by adaMada; September 24, 2002 at 17:55.
Old September 25, 2002, 06:44   #2
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

*bump*

Hoping that the various ministers might see this throughout the day.

-- adaMada
Old September 25, 2002, 07:42   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
I will look at it more thuroughly later and look for links.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 07:45   #4
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:30
I think it's excellent ada. You've shown us all what you're capable of.
I personally feel that I am capable of finding my way around without using the directory because I am a frequent visitor and poster, and I've only used the directory twice (the previous version, that is) so all I can say is that the new version is a vast improvement.

Anyway, if I'll ever be looking for something (I mean, not stuff like lost socks, posts that are related to the C3DG) I'll certainly know where to find it.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 25, 2002, 13:19   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

"VAST IMPROVEMENT"

I told you it made mine look like the work of an amateur.

You want links, get ready:

Gazettes:

1. The Jungle Gazette: Volume I: July 13

2. The Jungle Gazette: Volume II: July 17

3. The Jungle Gazette: Volume III: July 20

4. The Jungle Gazette: Volume IV: July 24

5. The Jungle Gazette: Volume V: July 27

6. The Jungle Gazette: Volume VI: July 31

7. The Jungle Gazette: Volume VII: Aug 3

8. The Jungle Gazette: Volume VIII: Aug 10

9. The Jungle Gazette: Volume IX: Aug 14

10. The Junge Gazette: Volume X: Aug 17

11. The Junge Gazette: Volume XI: Aug 21

12. The Junge Gazette: Volume XII: Aug 24

13. The Junge Gazette: Volume XIII: Aug 28

14. The Junge Gazette: Volume XIV: Aug 31

15. The Junge Gazette: Volume XV: Sept 4

16 The Junge Gazette: Volume XVI: Sept 13

17 The Junge Gazette: Volume XVII: Sept 15

18 The Jungle Gazette: Volume XVIII: Sept 21

19 The Jungle Gazette: Volume XIX: Sept 24

Pina Colada Province

I didn't see a polls section...

Polls:

Approval of Justices
Joining 1BC UN
Theology Debate

Informal:

Simpsons Society of Apolytonia

Constitutional Convention:

Suggestions for changes

Ill get more later...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 14:35   #6
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 09:30
[ url = http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=62559 ] Saves, Reports and Times [ /url ]

should be near the top in the directory...!
Old September 25, 2002, 17:56   #7
adaMada
King

BFM, you're right -- the Executive Thread was one of the last things to go up, so it never got added. I'll get it in the next major update.

UnOrthO, thanks! That's awsome -- will help a ton. FYI, polls section is now under "archives". Was gonna add Jungle Gazette, but you've saved me the time that it'd take to search them all down -- thanks again!

Thanks Shiber! I rarely used to use the Directory unless I'm looking for a specific (older) thread, but when I am, it can't be done without. Also, it'd probably be nice for newer citizens -- I wish we'd had one when I first joined .

-- adaMada
Old September 25, 2002, 20:12   #8
adaMada
King

oh yea, UnOrthO, for the polls -- how do you tell when they expired? I want to carry that feature over if it's possible, but I can't figure out how to find the expiration date (either before or after I've voted).

Great job with all those threads -- I added the Gazette ones, and it was very easy -- all I had to do was copy the links, and run through and change the numbers to[*]. Thanks so much .

-- adaMada
Old September 25, 2002, 21:57   #9
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I would have done the[*] for ya, but I was being lazy and copy-pasted the whole thing from my notepad. No one would believe what all is on that thing till they saw it...

Polls, official polls, should say how long they are up for. I was adding that to the post date...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 22:05   #10
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
I would have done the[*] for ya, but I was being lazy and copy-pasted the whole thing from my notepad. No one would believe what all is on that thing till they saw it...

Polls, official polls, should say how long they are up for. I was adding that to the post date...
Ok . Just checking that there's not some secret cool-person way of doing it .

, if your notepad's got other information like that, I wanna copy . Mine's got a ton of weird stuff too -- last term's Foreign Ministry Office Thread Report, some Jungle Gazette artices I've submitted, some totally random test things -- it's amazing what the Notepad collects over time if you don't get around to emptying it out .

-- adaMada
Old September 25, 2002, 22:12   #11
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

My notepad is top secret. Containing links to all gazettes, gazette articles waiting to be printed, and links to everything I think I may need in the upcomming Gazette, along with a brief synopsis of the thread and/or headlines for it. As a result MOST threads done dring the week have a synopsis and headine, though most obviously never make it in.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 22:22   #12
adaMada
King

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
My notepad is top secret. Containing links to all gazettes, gazette articles waiting to be printed, and links to everything I think I may need in the upcomming Gazette, along with a brief synopsis of the thread and/or headlines for it. As a result MOST threads done dring the week have a synopsis and headine, though most obviously never make it in.
Ok everyone, you've heard the man.

FOREIGN MINISTRY SECRET PROPOSAL 1XB7:
Here's the plan: I'll distract UnOrthO with invigorating conversation about Secret-Directory-Organizer Shop-Talk. Since I'm the only other directory organizer to date, he'll have to talk to me about it .

While I'm doing this, we'll 'borrow' a few Knights and have them sneek into his Control Pannel and steal the information within. The Court will then subpenoa the information, which will become part of a pending lawsuit against the Knights and also public record.

Result: We all get to see the secret stuff UnOrthO keeps on his thread, with the minor sacrifice of two Knights, which I'll pay for by getting all the money I can out of making a military allience with the Aztecs against the Greeks next time Togas goes away .

Or UnOrthO could just turn over his notepad now,and not suffer the consequences .

-- adaMada
Old September 26, 2002, 12:43   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

And give away the interviews that myself and members of the Government have spent many valuable hours working on?

Never!!!

Bring your knights, I have fortified the Gazette headquarters with the latest in security.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 26, 2002, 14:42   #14
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

YOU FORGOT THE MAP!?!?!

ONLY one of the most important pieces of information that any traveller would want to access! I mean, come on, what were you thinking!?

http://www.arociv.com/Maps.html

Oh, and I added these on the forum today.
[*]Amendment discussion: Use of Great Leaders[*]Amendment discussion: Upgrading and Rushing

It would be a nice gesture to add the Embassies as well:
[*]Embassy of Fanatika[*]Embassy of the Community (that kinda sounds creepy...like the human hive from SMAC...)

OOO, what about this one here:
[*]Orders for 380 AD

/me wonders how easy this job would have been if SOMEONE had provided ME with links.

/me gives ada the evil eye...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; September 26, 2002 at 15:45.
Old September 26, 2002, 19:48   #15
adaMada
King

Thanks UnOrthO -- you rock . You're much better at finding threads then I am :-\ .

Everything from both your threads added except polls (since I've got to go to each and do an expiration date) and Amendment discussion (since I have no clue where they go yet).

Will add polls soon -- any thoughts if Amendment discussions should be mixed in with amendments or if I should try to find some other home for them? (I could create a Constitutional subsection for the CC and Amendment Discussions... any thoughts?)

-- adaMada
Old September 26, 2002, 19:54   #16
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 04:30
WOW......

Lots of work.....

Great job to both of you (Ada and Unortho).

Thank You.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 28, 2002, 12:08   #17
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Will look at these again on Monday. Sorry for the last few days, but I was getting the Gazette in order...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 28, 2002, 12:15   #18
adaMada
King

UnOrthO,
You've provided far more help then anyone (including myself) ever did for you, and I can only thank you for it.

I'm up to date on everything on this thread plus all the major threads that have passed through the front page within the last day or so; Actually, I have two Amendment Discussions to add, but I'm still unsure as to where those'll go in the greater scheme of things.

Again, thanks for all your help!

-- adaMada
Old October 1, 2002, 08:30   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

You may already have some of these, I haven't checked against your directory. Re: amendment discussions. Should go under Executive as they pertain to the CoL.

[*]Where to hold next chat
[*]Name the War Contest II
[*]Embassy of Demogyptica
[*]Name the Province
[*]Republic Pre-requisits
[*]UN Nominations

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 1, 2002, 16:02   #20
adaMada
King

Thanks UnOrthO! Amendment discussions will get a subsubsection under the Executive Branch -- I couldn't decide before.

Of the ones you listed, I've got one or two already, but there were three or four that were new to me/new today. Thanks! Makes my life a lot easier .

Adding them in now.

-- adaMada
Old October 1, 2002, 22:50   #21
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

[*]City Council: Province Boundaries[*]City Council: Names of Cities[*]City Council: Libraries vs Markets

Just my responsibilities...plenty more floating around, can't get to those till Wed night.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 1, 2002, 23:12   #22
adaMada
King

Got em all as they went up .

I know I didn't do a great job at keeping updated for the first two weeks, but I'm doing pretty good with it now, very much thanks to your help UnOrthO... I can't say thanks enough.

To all: I'm most likely to miss a thread that's posted in the week, daytime hours, since I'm in school for those and I get home to find several new threads each day. Of course, there are exceptions in both ways, and always feel free to post (with or without checking first -- if I've added it to the Directory, I'll know, so it doesn't matter to me) any links you should come across/create.

-- adaMada
Old October 3, 2002, 22:25   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

[*]Amendment VIII Ratification (Great Leader)[*]Amendment VII (cash rushing)

My little additions to the forum.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old October 3, 2002, 22:33   #24
adaMada
King

See em .

-- adaMada