Old September 24, 2002, 20:45   #1
Reddawg
Prince

Local Time: 03:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Economic Report #2, 310 AD
Corruption remains the main issue for this administration. While the Ministry applauds the commencement of construction of a courthouse in a Del Monte, the corruption has risen even further. A graphical analysis follows here.

Written analysis:
Chart 1 (top most):
It is shocking to see just how much of the nation's corruption arises from the so-called "Corrupt Four" of Gaia, Del Monte, Here It Is, and Macross City! Note the gross disproportion between their share of national income and their share of national corruption, and also compare their shares to national averages. It's shocking, it's revolting, and it must be stopped!

Chart 2 (bottom):
Just as the "Corrupt Four" stick out, their respective provinces of Piña Colada and Île de Rose stand out as the most corrupt provinces. Again, compare income shares with corruption shares. Naturally Mingapulco is stellar in this respect, a fact being cited by the M.P.P. to support their province.

In summary: I am continuing to push for the courthouses in the "Corrupt Four". Production has begun in Del Monte; this is excellent. The same must be done in the other three. I will post my budget proposal in the Minister's 310 AD Turnchat orders.

Please use this thread to discuss all economic matters, including the upcoming budget.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue2-2.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	25549  
Old September 24, 2002, 20:45   #2
Reddawg
Prince

Chart 2:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	issue2-1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	25550  
Old September 24, 2002, 20:51   #3
Reddawg
Prince

By the way, the numbers in the legends (boxes) are percent of NET INCOME. The "income" charts are actually revenue, whereas the corruption is, well corruption. This the net income percentage is Revenue - Corruption.
Old September 24, 2002, 21:52   #4
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Good job reddawg. I guess I see we need a courthouse in delmonte so I'll shut up about the knight there. Aggie walks off and kicks persian POW out of frustration and finds himself feeling good again.
Aggie
Old September 25, 2002, 02:54   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Yeah, gotta agree on building courthouses in those four cities. However, I do have some sentiment for the SMC's wish to build more knights empire-wide, as we certainly need them to continue pressing the conflict against the Persians (the current tally of knights will, simply, be insufficient).
Old September 25, 2002, 03:10   #6
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:31
Corruption in Piña Colada?

I am outraged! We in Piña Colada are NOT corrupt! I refuse to stay here and listen to this drivel!

*** Lord Donegeal stomps out of the room leaving a trail of Lytons falling out of his pant leg ***
Old September 25, 2002, 08:24   #7
Reddawg
Prince

lol @ donegeal

the courthouse in delmonte only has 8 turns left; i plan on starting another courthouse in one of the other cities this turnchat as well, and maybe rushing del monte's. but dont worry, the SMC will get a generous share this term as well (i, too, wish to see the persian war ended ASAP so we can enter a period of internal consolidation)
Old September 25, 2002, 08:40   #8
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:31
Reddawg,
First, my congratulations for this great work.
Second, a question:
How much can do a courthouse to reduce corruption? I mean, in percentage terms.
Old September 25, 2002, 09:01   #9
Reddawg
Prince

I've seen anywhere from 25% reduction to 50% reduction. I am expecting a 33% reduction in the case of Del Monte. It is important to keep in mind that, as all the cities grow, corruption will rise more and more, and courthouses will thereby save us more and more Lytons. :-)
Old September 25, 2002, 10:02   #10
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:31
/me does a Mr. Burns impression
Excellent.
Maybe this data could help the palace relocation / FP committee decide where they want the FP built.
- Phantom of the Opera
Old September 25, 2002, 10:03   #11
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
Re: Courthouses

Yes, I am continuing production of the courthouse in Del Monte, and am changing HereItIs from Library to Courthouse.

We need to deal with the corruption first, IMO.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 25, 2002, 10:27   #12
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Reddawg you should be aware of city's custom before you state anything. In our macross city, we have a city-wide holiday called. "Give-your-friend-large-sum-of-lyton-for-favor" day. It's a very traditional event and should not be counted as blackmailing.

And There's loveshack... they have way too many of Mardi Gras out there and their ladies are always walking naked in the beach... Wait nevermind thats corrupt youth, not the kind of corruption we're talking about.
Old September 25, 2002, 11:19   #13
Reddawg
Prince

UNortho, this pleases me greatly! Two courthouses out of four, in just two turnchats, is not bad. My budget/orders for the turnchat will be posted this evening; so if anyone has anything they plan spending cash on, let me know. I believe the SMC wants two upgrades?
Old September 25, 2002, 11:50   #14
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
City Planning requests a rush of the temple in Opiadom to take the culture pressure off of Opiadom and place it onto Rheims.

Wish list for Rushing:

1. Temple in Opiadom
2. Courthouse in HereItIs
3. Temple in Willsbury.

I fully understand that in this state of war, Military takes precidence, however.

I also proposed to change one of the Entertainers in Pasargadea to a Scientist, and the rest to taxmen, to enable you to place 0% science if you haven't already.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby