Old September 30, 2002, 14:57   #31
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: democracy after PTW?
Quote:
Originally posted by ruby_maser

is that the idea, then, that when PTW comes out this Democracy game will take on another?
Looks like at least two others: Fanatika and 1BC. There is another DemoGame out there, but it is on EZboard and I am boycotting EZBoard sites for personal reasons and will not so much as look at it. AFAIK it is rather small and having a rough time starting up.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 30, 2002, 15:56   #32
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Re: Re: democracy after PTW?
Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Looks like at least two others: Fanatika and 1BC. There is another DemoGame out there, but it is on EZboard and I am boycotting EZBoard sites for personal reasons and will not so much as look at it. AFAIK it is rather small and having a rough time starting up.
Why are you boycotting EZBoard?
Old September 30, 2002, 16:07   #33
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Long story that has nothing to do with civ. I used them on a website I was helping with before. Such a great experience I wont even create websites anymore, and they were a part of the problem.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 30, 2002, 16:10   #34
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Sounds like EZBoard wasn't very EZ.
Old September 30, 2002, 18:45   #35
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 00:31
If we have an intersite demo game I want to be able to charge people with treason.

Quote:
Duddha, do we always have enough people to fill all the spots? How often have more than half the elections been contested?
I don't really care that much. I trust you guys to come up with the best solution.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:13   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Since we only have 3 sites and there are 16-32 players I would like for each site to have more than one civ, representing factions.

maybe one site could choose two European civs, one choose two Oriental civs, etc.
Old September 30, 2002, 20:28   #37
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
Quote:
Originally posted by Duddha
If we have an intersite demo game I want to be able to charge people with treason.
Duddha,

In that case, you may be interested in this thread:

http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...threadid=62988

Old October 1, 2002, 07:59   #38
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Ideas:
Declairing war - how do we decide to attack (people vote?).
Change of government form
Names (cities, provinces, etc.)
The biggie - a person, elected, to act as a representitive to all the other Demo games out there. They would open an embassie thread in each demo game, and provide a means of communication between them. This is more a friendly jesture now, but when PtW comes out and we play against them, I see this as being a necessity.
Gee, thanks GK! I was just comming in here to add these.

[roleplay]
(mumbling) Of course at this rate I will have amendments for all these by the time they get around to presenting a rough draft...[/roleplay]

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; October 1, 2002 at 08:11.