Old October 1, 2002, 21:29   #61
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:32
Local Date: November 1, 2010
If we want a quick 1-2 war against America we won't have the luxury of an effective counter-attack force against germany, however, we can use the forces who seized the american cities to push on and capture Cologne and Hannover, thus creating a cross border mountain barrier which will deter future german agression, and give us a better stand in a peace negotiation (if we ever want one).
Old October 2, 2002, 01:29   #62
Aro
lifer
PtWDG Glory of WarC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering StormCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 05:32
Hey, guys... I have some news (someone said this in another thread)... Washington now belongs to the Aztecs:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	america440b.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	26073  
Old October 2, 2002, 02:50   #63
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 08:32
Hmm...

This is not good.

We could and should continue with our plans to finish off the Persian Homeland (PH until province is named) first as although the Wheat/floodplains are nice, the area will be corrupt while PH will be prosperous with the P/FP....

This reminds me, where does the PLC stand right now?
Old October 2, 2002, 02:50   #64
Shiber
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 Cake or Death?InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:32
Once Boston and Chicago are ours and have culturally expanded, we'll be able to take Washington from the Aztecs pretty quickly since Washington is very far from the Aztec capital, since 7 of their 21 city tiles will belong to us and since we are culturally superior to the Aztecs.
I'm at school and I can't load the game right now. Could someone please check if the Aztecs are impressed with our culture or if they admire us?
- Phantom of the Opera
Old October 2, 2002, 02:53   #65
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 10:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Aro
Hey, guys... I have some news (someone said this in another thread)... Washington now belongs to the Aztecs:
Yes indeed it does.

I think that now we must review the whole American situation again to see whats there to take, and is it worth the effort.

The Aztecs seem to be on the roll, so unless we act now we may never get our chance.
But do we have enough troops to take on both Americans and Persians? I hope not....
Old October 2, 2002, 03:41   #66
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:32
The Aztecs both outnumber us militarily and are annoyed with us.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old October 2, 2002, 05:21   #67
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Shiber
Once Boston and Chicago are ours and have culturally expanded, we'll be able to take Washington from the Aztecs pretty quickly since Washington is very far from the Aztec capital, since 7 of their 21 city tiles will belong to us and since we are culturally superior to the Aztecs.
I'm at school and I can't load the game right now. Could someone please check if the Aztecs are impressed with our culture or if they admire us?
That's what I argued at the end of the turnchat (for the 3-hour discussion that followed ).

The consensus in the room when we held the discussion (and I don't remember who all was actually in the room for this part - people kept coming and going out) generally seemed to be:

1. Aggie said we could reach American territory in about 9 turns at minimum with sufficient force to wipe out the Americans - that includes knights first finishing off Persia and then running back up to America to help out there. That was w/o looking at the map, so I'd love to hear from Aggie if (after looking closely at the map), he still thinks that's a good estimate.

2. We agreed that, assuming the Aztecs don't completely annex America in the next 8 turns (or however long until we can get our troops up there), we should probably declare war on America and take whatever cities we can get.

3. We should build cultural improvements in whatever cities we get and hope distance to the rest of the Aztec empire (and the AI's propensity not to build cultural improvements in far-off outposts) will cause a flip for the Aztec city/cities (or at least one/some of them). I suggested that should *rush* temples up there, but we didn't really discuss that before switching to other topics (namely the CC and CoL, since adaMada was in a generous mood ).

4. We should NOT go to war with the Aztecs. Whatever cities they get, we just let them have and hope to culture flip them. If those cities are still Aztec by the next time we're ready to fight a war or if we find out they have sole reachable sources of saltpeter or something, THEN we reconsider.

That about covers the basics of what little was discussed of the topic earlier tonight. Of course, that was only the start of what is likely to be an interesting discussion about America...
Old October 2, 2002, 11:12   #68
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Given that we don't want to go to war with the Aztecs now plus a mininum of nine turns to get the army there ...

I suggest we put culture pressure on Washingon now via Chiquita. (Note that this also puts culture presure on Argos.) If the Court house has 1 turn left, wait for it to finish first. Other wise buy it so we can start the culture improvement fast.

Del Monte should finish the Pike Men, and then start a culture improvement itself to put pressure on Boston in the event that the Aztecs capture it.

Our city that stars with Seeb should finish the Court House (perhaps buy it) and then start a culture improvement to put pressure on New York in the event the Aztecs take that city. (This is lower priority than the other two.)

A spare settler might be needed in the region in case the Aztecs raze both Boston and New York so the Germans don't move in.
Old October 2, 2002, 21:42   #69
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I agree with joncnunn... I recommend libraries (very good for culture and quite cheap) and cathedrals (we need to build them anyway because of sistine's and they're GREAT for culture).