Old September 26, 2002, 09:20   #31
Jack the Bodiless
King

Local Time: 08:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

I just laugh when I review the list... it's mind bending to me as well... But, I don't make the list, I only enforce it... blah.. blah... blah...
If you can review the list, then perhaps you can solve one of the Great Mysteries of Apolyton!

...When MWHC posted an article about homosexuality in animals and said that dolphins (of the same sex) "***** at each other".

I still can't think of any five-letter censored verb that might fit the sentence.
Old September 26, 2002, 09:24   #32
Dauphin
Civilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:34
Quote:
Originally posted by SpencerH
While not a disbeliever, the flag suddenly blowing in the wind was a little odd.
It wasn't blowing, it was held up by a wire arm, which it also swung from.
Old September 26, 2002, 09:39   #33
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 03:34
I know, but what moved it? Did Armstrong hit it? I didnt see that.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old September 26, 2002, 09:51   #34
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 04:34
If you don't beleive the moon landings occured, go here:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/apollohoax.html

He's got a whole speil of evidence making "Moon Hoax" beleivers look rather silly.

Every question will be answered.

Last edited by dunk; September 26, 2002 at 09:56.
Old September 26, 2002, 09:58   #35
Bas
Prince

I don't know about you, but I sure didn't.
Old September 26, 2002, 10:18   #36
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

In the pic, you can see one of them is holding the flagstaff (I didnt remember that), apparently turning it according to the website. So there's the force for the movement. Thanks for the link Dunk.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old September 26, 2002, 11:30   #37
des-esseintes
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
The only thing that really ever made me question the moon landing was how scripted the astronauts dialogue was. "The Eagle has Landed", "A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind".
Did you know that when they landed on the moon, Neil Armstrong was so moved that he said the sentence the wrong way? "Giant leap for man, a small step for mankind" and they had to edit it afterwords
Old September 26, 2002, 11:58   #38
OneFootInTheGrave
King

Where did you read this... wasn't it going live on TV?

Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good.
Old September 26, 2002, 12:14   #39
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 00:34
Quote:
Originally posted by OneFootInTheGrave
Where did you read this... wasn't it going live on TV?
Yes it was live. It wasn't edited. Live from the Moon. Apparently Neal didn't say exactly what he intended to say. Big deal.

Too bad it wasn't Buzz Aldrin as the first man on the Moon. Buzz was a astronaut. Neal was a test pilot and apparently a very good one but I never had the impression that he was interested in the Space Program except that it was ultimate test pilot experience.
Old September 26, 2002, 12:15   #40
DaShi
Emperor

We did not land on the moon! The moon landed on us!
Old September 26, 2002, 13:46   #41
dunk
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by des-esseintes

Did you know that when they landed on the moon, Neil Armstrong was so moved that he said the sentence the wrong way? "Giant leap for man, a small step for mankind" and they had to edit it afterwords
He flubbed the line...

He was supposed to say... "One small step for A man, one ginat leap for mankind."
Old September 26, 2002, 13:52   #42
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

One thing I would like to know is why are there people that think that the moon landings where faked? That is just impossible to do something like that, it is much easier to actually go to the moon then to fake that you landed on the moon and keep it a secret.
Old September 26, 2002, 14:06   #43
MosesPresley
Prince

Moses Presley looks for Buzz Aldrin and asks him to punch anyone in the mouth who believes he didn't walk on the moon.
"In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
—Orson Welles as Harry Lime
Old September 26, 2002, 14:06   #44
dunk
Prince

They distrust the government so much that they beleive the entire space program was farcical and a PR stunt to "honor President Kennedy" who said, "We will put a man on the moon before 1970" as well as beat the Soviets into space, which would boost the national morale greatly. There are other theories even stating that NASA has murdered its own scientists who have threatened to bring the "hoax" to the public.

The hoax beleivers see it as an easy Hollywood stunt.
Old September 26, 2002, 14:15   #45
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Still, that would be so easy to prove that it was faked, and the Soviet Union would have been the first to find that out.
Old September 26, 2002, 14:22   #46
Kontiki
King

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider
The only thing that really ever made me question the moon landing was how scripted the astronauts dialogue was. "The Eagle has Landed", "A small step for man, a giant leap for mankind". It all sounded like some government pundit penned the whole thing.

I think the Onion's "Holy **** it's the ****ing moon, this is ****ing crazy" would be far more realistic.

I'm pretty sure some government pundit did pen it. IIRC, the whole thing was scripted well beforehand (not the landing, the dialogue).
Old September 26, 2002, 14:33   #47
Dauphin
Deity

I'd like to think the landing was scripted and not done on the fly.
Old September 26, 2002, 15:23   #48
Ethelred
King

The landing was scripted. However the moonscape at the programmed landing site looked bad so Neil had to ad-lib. He moved to the side and then set it down on manual.
Old September 26, 2002, 15:44   #49
Dauphin
Deity

Didn't they overshoot aswell?
Old September 26, 2002, 16:33   #50
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

One thing I would like to know is why are there people that think that the moon landings where faked?

They proved that the Earth wasn't flat. That contradicts the obvious interpretation of BS like:

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Ezekiel 7:2
Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Luke 4:5
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Jeremiah 31:37
Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
Old September 26, 2002, 16:46   #51
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by St Leo
One thing I would like to know is why are there people that think that the moon landings where faked?

They proved that the Earth wasn't flat. That contradicts the obvious interpretation of BS like:

Isaiah 11:12
And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Ezekiel 7:2
Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Revelation 7:1
And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

Luke 4:5
And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

Matthew 4:8
Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;

Jeremiah 31:37
Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.
What the hell does that have any thing to do with weather or not people think that the moon landings are fake?
Old September 26, 2002, 16:48   #52
Dauphin
Deity

He's implying they are religous nuts who don't like anything that contradict their beliefs.
Old September 26, 2002, 17:01   #53
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming

I just laugh when I review the list... it's mind bending to me as well... But, I don't make the list, I only enforce it... blah.. blah... blah...
could you send me the list via email or something? you make it sound like it's hillarious...
Old October 3, 2002, 16:00   #54
Jack_www
King

The people I heard who doubt that the moon landings are fake are not religous nuts, but are the ones who think that the government is involved in a million cover ups, one being that of UFO's. Of course i dont believe that stuff, but I think that most just dont trust the government.
Old October 3, 2002, 16:37   #55
Dauphin
Deity

I wonder if they believe that UFOs have landed on the moon?
Old October 3, 2002, 16:41   #56
Ethelred
King

Jack before the Moon landing in 69 I knew a guy in some unusual christian religion or other that was telling me we couldn't go to the Moon because of something in the Bible. This would have been about 1967 or 68. Probably 67. I never knew the religion but it could have been yours. Might have been another but it was definitly not a major group. Could even have been some group never seen outside of California.
Old October 3, 2002, 16:44   #57
Dauphin
Deity

I've heard comments that the Koran predicted the fall of civilisation if men walked upon the Moon. Can't remember my source, I think it was Trivial Pursuits.
Old October 3, 2002, 16:55   #58
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 01:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www

What the hell does that have any thing to do with weather or not people think that the moon landings are fake?
Because the images from the Moon showed Earth as being a sphere, not flat, and this contradicts some Biblical passages.

There is a Flat Earth Society which promotes this garbage.