Old September 26, 2002, 03:10   #1
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Director of Exploration and Intelligence debate thread.
Any questions for the candidates?

Candidates are:
- Lemmy
- Mellian
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 26, 2002, 03:57   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:34
Re: Director of Exploration and Intelligence debate thread.
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemmy
Any questions for the candidates?

Candidates are:
- Lemmy
- Mellian
Why should I invest my vote in you?
Old September 26, 2002, 09:53   #3
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Local Time: 03:34
Why? because i am the most interesting, yet unorthodox, person you'll ever know. I understand that i am new in this Democracy, and many of you don't know who I am, but assure you all that I can do the job. I am very keen in Exploring the unknown as quickly as possible, to seek out all possible threats and the other factions. I also promise you all that i will not lose any units in their exploration duties. I will be pushing to try acquiring the Doctrine: Mobility and Flexibility techs, so we may be given more tools to explore.

As for the Intelligence aspect of the job, i would push for a early establishment of a Probe agency, so we can be ready whenever we encounter other factions. WOuld be only for defence, and any probe could be used for short range exploration as well. Of course, we would need the prequisite tech, which I will be pushing for as well.

I will prove myself to you all now, so you may all consider me later on when the Peacekeepers becomes bigger.

I'll also Just Up In Creating Excitement by having a good roleplaying time, and make sure others do as well

-Mellian

...possible future scenario: mindworms are coming!!! really? well, give me my flamethrower and lets roll!...

Last edited by Mellian; September 26, 2002 at 10:03.
Old September 26, 2002, 10:37   #4
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:34
how are you going to insure that no exploration teams will be lost? for the rest i agree fully but i have to what until lemmy give a statement before i could chose

btw i know how lemmy polls.....mellian what do you think of that system? would you change it?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 26, 2002, 12:52   #5
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

I have a question for Lemmy:

How do you explain the loss of our entire scouting force on your watch?
Old September 26, 2002, 12:55   #6
Lemmy
King

Why vote for me? Because i'm cool
Or because you liked my policies during my last term.

But now seriously, i'm a very active member here, and i listen to other people suggestions and try to find a suitable compromise as soon as possible. Also i try involve other people in debates by showing screenshots, so people don't have to load the game themselves to see what i'm talking about.

If i get elected for another term, i will concentrate on exploring East first, after that South of the FW sea, and further North from TBIBTU. I would go East first for a number of reasons, first, the chances of finding another faction are greater in the east then north or south, since we already explored a bit there, and no contact was made. Second, it is the only side of NA that is still unexplored, and thus a perfect place for a low ineffiency base, and third, it seems that the majority of the Citizens wants to go East.

When it comes to Intelligence i disagree with Mellian that Probes should be for defense only, i feel they should be used to Inflitrate Datalinks of other factions to see what they are up to (especially those evil Believers ).
I would also try to sneak into their territory to learn as much about their base locations as possible. However i would never risk existing treaties with other factions, without the permission of the DFA or the Commishioner.
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Old September 26, 2002, 13:03   #7
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Echinda
I have a question for Lemmy:

How do you explain the loss of our entire scouting force on your watch?
Well, i wasn't present at the time that it happened, so i can't tell exactly how it happened, but before the events, the DPO and i agreed that the scouts should be used to fight off mindworms, if the odds were in our favor.
Now that doesn't really matter, since the both the Rover and Scouts we're attacked by mindworms, and as you probably know, the odds are usually against the defending unit in psi-combat.
Old September 26, 2002, 13:08   #8
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

So do you think its safe to send our young citizens out to explore when we can't give them a fighting chance against the worms?

I've heard talk of lasers and armor being cooked up in the labs. Shouldn't we consider holding off the sacrifice of our young until we can give the tools to do the job?
Old September 26, 2002, 13:08   #9
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
how are you going to insure that no exploration teams will be lost? for the rest i agree fully but i have to what until lemmy give a statement before i could chose

btw i know how lemmy polls.....mellian what do you think of that system? would you change it?
how will how insure it? by being cautious like for example using Rovers to "pop" the pods, with enough time and a retreat route to move away from the threat that may or may not appear. Also, i believe in working with the law of average.

I support the idea of polling for various actions. Gives the people the power they should over our faction. The only difference i can see the way i poll and how lemmy does it already.

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 13:12   #10
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

How about you, Mellian? Will you put the lives of our children before this ... exploration adventure?
Old September 26, 2002, 13:17   #11
Lemmy
King

Quote:
So do you think its safe to send our young citizens out to explore when we can't give them a fighting chance against the worms?

I've heard talk of lasers and armor being cooked up in the labs. Shouldn't we consider holding off the sacrifice of our young until we can give the tools to do the job?
I would rather not send young and unexperienced troops out to explore, but that is all i have had.
Lasers and armor won't do anything against psi attacks, i would need a trained unit to fight them off with more any succes. And the units i get depend on the DPO and the DBP, i can only influence those two directors, not control them.
Old September 26, 2002, 13:18   #12
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
When it comes to Intelligence i disagree with Mellian that Probes should be for defense only, i feel they should be used to Inflitrate Datalinks of other factions to see what they are up to (especially those evil Believers ).
I would also try to sneak into their territory to learn as much about their base locations as possible. However i would never risk existing treaties with other factions, without the permission of the DFA or the Commishioner.
I should of clarified by what I meant by being Defensive with probes.... don't do Offensive actions like stealing, framing, sabotage, and so on or do anything else that may cause a interfactional incident. Infiltrating and scouting out their territory can be place in the context of Defence...just agressive defensive

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 13:21   #13
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
How about you, Mellian? Will you put the lives of our children before this ... exploration adventure?
First of all, i would not ever send children off to explore. Second, I do support the idea provide them tools to defend themselves, but i am more keen in pushing for Doctrine: Mobility, as it can be use in a defencive way by completly avoiding conflict.

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 13:48   #14
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

This is the only directorate I haven't voted for yet. I have three questions to decide who I'll vote on:

1) Presuming every base has one garrison, how much formers and how much scout units would you support in an average base?

2) As possible Director of Industry and Energy I have to ask: will you push for researching Doctrine: Mobility before or after we have researched Industrial Automation?

3) As an independent I have to ask: when will you disband your party?

Maniac
Old September 26, 2002, 14:05   #15
Lemmy
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
This is the only directorate I haven't voted for yet. I have three questions to decide who I'll vote on:

1) Presuming every base has one garrison, how much formers and how much scout units would you support in an average base?
I'd rather not say a number of scout/base, but a nominal number, right now i'd like to have 2 scouts, preferably 3.
However i would like to maintain a 2 former/3 bases ratio. So untill a 4th base is founded, i would push for at least 1 scout, and after that i would have to decide on the situation if a scout is more important then a former.

Quote:
2) As possible Director of Industry and Energy I have to ask: will you push for researching Doctrine: Mobility before or after we have researched Industrial Automation?
before.

Quote:
dunno, i thought about it, but haven't reached a decision yet.
Old September 26, 2002, 14:08   #16
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Thanks for your answers. They are being taken into consideration. I'll wait on Mellian's answers before voting.
Old September 26, 2002, 17:27   #17
Mellian
Queen

Quote:

Basing on the current situation, 1 former and 2 scouts per base, ratio wise.

Quote:
As far as i can see, we'll probably get Mobility before Industrial Automation. Basing on our current situation, i'll push for Mobility before Automation...if we didn't have as much black and "un-popped" pods around us, i'd say Automation

Quote:
Why? nothing wrong in having a party.

its all for the roleplaying fun of it

-Mellian

Maniac [/QUOTE]
Old September 26, 2002, 17:42   #18
Maniac

I think I'll abstain. I don't like any answer.
Old September 26, 2002, 22:15   #19
Mellian
Queen

-Mellian
Old September 26, 2002, 22:38   #20
Mellian
Queen

another point to bring, i don't drink so this alcoholism problem within the government sha'll NOT bother me.

-Mellian

EDIT: why is it that i keep missing words when i thought i type it down...especially those crucial ones.........

Last edited by Mellian; September 27, 2002 at 23:21.