Old September 26, 2002, 16:26   #1
Air
Settler

Local Time: 08:36
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Why can't I build nukes?!?
Hee hee I keep thinking of that Cure song as I write this. You know the one .

Anyhow, I have a game set up for only domination or conquest victories. I have wiped a few civs off the map and thought it would be fun to cap the last civ's last few cities with some nukes before rolling tanks over their stinking ashes. I have uranium and alluminun and I have researched space flight & satellites. The Manhattan Project was researched ( I don't remember who did it. i might have razed the city it was built in), but I just can't build nukes. Does anyone know why? i am the Persians and am playing on Warlord. Thanks
Old September 26, 2002, 16:50   #2
Skeeve
Prince

Local Time: 04:36
Seems like you got everything you need... strange.
Double check your strategic resources - are you sure you have uranium and aluminum?
Another thing to check - make sure that the Manhattan project was actually built. Hit "F7", look at the list of wonders and see if it's built.

I don't think that razing it would make a difference - as far as I know, the trigger to be able to build nukes is a one time event irregardless of destroying the wonder later.

By the way - you do have the "Fission" advance, right?

- Skeeve
Old September 26, 2002, 18:01   #3
Air
Settler

Thanks for the reply Skeeve.

Yes, I do have fission. I forgot to mention that. I am pretty gosh-darn sure the Manhattan Project was built. I don't have the ability to build it now, so wouldn't that mean it was built? I know I have aluminum and uranium (the coke can and the green rocks right?). Maybe razing the manhattan project did eliminate my nuke potential.

Sigh. Don't tel me I have to use conventional weapons.. Nukes would be so much more fun and evil!
Old September 26, 2002, 21:08   #4
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Razing the MPwill not stop the nukes from being build. Are those resources in the box for that city, the one you are doing the building, I am not sure if that is required, but I suspec it may be. Check the civped.
Old September 27, 2002, 09:49   #5
Skeeve
Prince

Well, I'm pretty stumped.
If you want, go ahead and send me your saved game file to Scanga@aol.com. I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

You probably want to start building nukes before the enemy civ builds the SDI small wonder - I hate wasting all those nukes hoping that one will get through the laser net defense.

Then again, your enemy civs are probably so weak that they'll never even get that far.

- Skeeve
Old September 27, 2002, 13:03   #6
Air
Settler

Thanks for the replies

Maybe I will send you that saved game, Skeeve. I'll have to fetch it from home (I net surf on my work computer . Don't tell anybody).

I do have the resources in several cities in their resource boxes, but none of them can build nukes.

BTW, I don't think I've installed any of the patches. Could that be the problem?
Old September 27, 2002, 18:10   #7
Skeeve
Prince

I don't recall problems with building nukes in the early pre-patched version, but nevertheless I strongly recommend installing the patch. There are probably hundreds of fixes, changes, additions, in all the accumulated patches that you can get just by uploading 1.29f.

I think my favorite thing about 1.29f is the 'wake all'/'fortify all' commands.

Good luck!

- Skeeve
Old September 27, 2002, 18:51   #8
planetfall
Prince

Local Time: 01:36
Check to see you have not turned off nukes in Manhattan Project in editor. If you turn it off for one civ, you disable nukes for all.

-- PF