Old September 30, 2002, 13:52   #61
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Local Time: 09:37
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Well after all that I still say THANK YOU FIRAXIS and of course the great SID MEIER.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 30, 2002, 14:10   #62
Zachriel
King

Local Time: 04:37
Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisiusMaximus
Well after all that I still say THANK YOU FIRAXIS and of course the great SID MEIER.
Here, here!
Old September 30, 2002, 14:11   #63
Nikolai
Apolyton UniversityC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 10:37
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
Anyway I just thought i would stick my head in here again before I go back to the Call to Power 2 forums
You slaughter Civ3, and then you go back to CTP?!?! After what I've understood, that's a buggy game...
Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. -Isaiah 41:10
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17
Get The List for cIV here!
Old September 30, 2002, 14:23   #64
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Yea Nikolai it was a very buggy game I play Ctp2 not CtP1
But anyway both where buggy as hell
And as for support from Activision we got 2 yes 2 patches for the game, the final one being something like 2 months after the games release (no wonder Activision only publish and not make games anymore.

HOWEVER
and this is the bit that not enough people know about!

Call to Power 2 is probably the most moddable game ive ever seen, almost every part of it is (although i cant mod, you should see what the modders can do to it) it is truely amazing

Every modder chips in, with little bits of SLIC code (the language it uses) and have and are adding amazing stuff to the game

So I play it with one of the main mods out for it (27mb or more in size) and its great

If you wanna know what I mean go here to see whats going on:

CtP2-Creation/AI/Mods/Scenarios forum
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=118
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 30, 2002, 14:41   #65
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:37
Fine. You got a great game for your purposes. Modding everything. Good. Congratulations. I'm happy for you.

Now when are you lot going to stop whining that Civ3 isn't CTP3?

BTW, thanks Firaxis. Good job on the game I want to play.
Old September 30, 2002, 18:25   #66
Tuberski

Local Time: 03:37
Quote:
Yea Nikolai it was a very buggy game I play Ctp2 not CtP1
But anyway both where buggy as hell
And as for support from Activision we got 2 yes 2 patches for the game, the final one being something like 2 months after the games release (no wonder Activision only publish and not make games anymore.
WOW!!!!

They supported their game for a whole 2 MONTHS?????

It would have to be mod-able with only 2 month's support.

Let's make a game throw in a couple of patches, make it so the BUYERS of the game can fix it, then lets stop supporting it.

Firaxis on the other hand has supported their game for a year now, released an expansion, corrected a lot of mistakes, and will for the forseeable future, as long as they do that, we the BUYERS, won't have to fix the game.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old September 30, 2002, 18:31   #67
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Generally what you said is correct Tuberski

However I do hope you arent getting the Call to Power mods mixed up with fixes

along with fixes every possible bug there is to fix the mods do much much more than just fix the game. They add to it to such an extent which will NEVER be possible with Civ3, hence the great aspect of the game (or the main one)

Where as Civ3 will be stuck where ever FIRAXIS decide to finish up making patches for it (i am talking about PTW patches as there is bound to be 1 or 2...... or 7 )
Old September 30, 2002, 18:55   #68
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Oh, I see. This is a recruiting drive.

We shouldn't just play a game that the developers spend the time to fix and improve for us. No, we should play a game where we can spend the next 9000 free hours we have making it so that it can be played.

I see.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:21   #69
SMIFFGIG
Prince

Quote:
Oh, I see. This is a recruiting drive.
What the hell are you on about? .... Seriously?

Quote:
We shouldn't just play a game that the developers spend the time to fix and improve for us
Umm why do you say this cause I didnt even suggest this thats for sure

Quote:
No, we should play a game where we can spend the next 9000 free hours we have making it so that it can be played
Who said you "should" do this either. And modding it is down to the modmakers (hence there name) unless you know SLIC of course

Quote:
I see
You see? who told you you should do all this, im not sure how this is related to the thread
Old September 30, 2002, 19:37   #70
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
You see? who told you you should do all this, im not sure how this is related to the thread

Pot Kettle Black
Old September 30, 2002, 19:41   #71
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

You are correct SMIFFGIG all this inane chatter about CTP2 is not relevant to this thread.
The sole purpose of this thread is to discuss the issue of whether or not to thank Firaxis for all their hard work and support for Civ3,a truly great game.
Please dont misunderstand me,I bought CTP2 and enjoyed it very much,still play it sometimes,but if I wanted to praise Activision for their good work I'd go to the relevant forum and post a thread accordingly.
Once again thanks Firaxis
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:46   #72
SMIFFGIG
Prince

Shame to say it but I love CtP2 and wouldnt praise Activision
I praise all the modmakers that are modding CtP2 though
Any further posts will be on thread subject
Old September 30, 2002, 20:07   #73
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

I think Firaxis did a pretty good job with the game. I have only minor complaints at this point. The AI is actually enjoyable to play against, something that has been rare in the series.

I don't foresee me putting the game down for anything other than a brief break for the next several years (until Civ4 comes out)
Old September 30, 2002, 20:08   #74
notyoueither
Deity

Quote:
If you wanna know what I mean go here to see whats going on:

CtP2-Creation/AI/Mods/Scenarios forum
http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=118
Quote:
Quote:
I see.
Quote:
Any further posts will be on thread subject
Thank you.
Old October 1, 2002, 15:15   #75
Gangerolf
Prince

thank you firaxis