Old September 29, 2002, 15:12   #1
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 02:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Code Name: VODKA
Is there 40 gold in the budget next turn to implement a covert operation?

Code Name: VODKA
Old September 29, 2002, 15:24   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 03:41
On the off chance that you're actually serious and this isn't just some fun roleplay:

I hate to burst your bubblewrap, but this *is* a democracy game... there should be no code names, no secret projects, nothing of the sort... the reason is simple: the AI can't spy on our discussions, thus it doesn't matter if don't keep anything secret, therefore (since this is a democracy) we ,as a rule, should keep *nothing* secret If this isn't already in the CoL, it sure as hell should be...

So... if 40 gold are going to be spent on anything, obviously it has to be publicly disclosed in the orders.

In case this is just roleplay, sorry for getting on your case and blame my reaction on my complete lack of sleep from last evening
Old September 29, 2002, 15:26   #3
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Okay, Vodka was a lame idea and we won't do it. No skin off my nose.
Old September 29, 2002, 22:13   #4
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
On the off chance that you're actually serious and this isn't just some fun roleplay:

I hate to burst your bubblewrap, but this *is* a democracy game... there should be no code names, no secret projects, nothing of the sort... the reason is simple: the AI can't spy on our discussions, thus it doesn't matter if don't keep anything secret, therefore (since this is a democracy) we ,as a rule, should keep *nothing* secret If this isn't already in the CoL, it sure as hell should be...

So... if 40 gold are going to be spent on anything, obviously it has to be publicly disclosed in the orders.

In case this is just roleplay, sorry for getting on your case and blame my reaction on my complete lack of sleep from last evening
[Roleplay]

THIS comming from a DIA member?!?! A party that sees fit to keep nearly every decision of their party a secret? A party that has gone so far as to create a SEPERATE FORUM for the SECRET discussion of DIA policy? What exactly is this party hiding that they must leave our homeland to discuss? And with whom are they meeting outside our borders?

Is it that they truly want peace, or is Otto funding their party?
[/roleplay]

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 29, 2002, 22:22   #5
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Local Time: 04:41
Incidentally, if you wanted to join our Yahoo! group, you probably could. not that it matters. I really created it for the purpose of polling for some stuff I didn't want to spam these forums with. We haven't even used them.

Here: I publicly apologize for shrouding our progressive party in secrecy. It is our intention to cooperate in an open manner with the government and people of Apolytonia. The people of Apolytonia may of course have a say in DIA matters.

Besides, secrecy is just more fun then disclosing information. CFO's must have a blast

Dammit Ghengis, you know we all want to know what something called "VODKA", which costs only 40 gold, and has the "I'm not gonna share with you ignorants" attitude. We're sorry. Tell us. Please.
Old September 29, 2002, 22:32   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud
Dammit Ghengis, you know we all want to know what something called "VODKA", which costs only 40 gold, and has the "I'm not gonna share with you ignorants" attitude. We're sorry. Tell us. Please.
Everyone killed the idea without even asking me what it was.

I guess with all my crackpot ideas, anything I suggest is just assumed to be a stupid idea so its probably better it got killed before I explained.
Old September 29, 2002, 23:03   #7
Ninot
PtWDG RoleplayC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

I'll bet money whatever it was... it was involving Russia... and possibly espionage...or trade.
Old September 30, 2002, 03:54   #8
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

[Roleplay]

THIS comming from a DIA member?!?! A party that sees fit to keep nearly every decision of their party a secret? A party that has gone so far as to create a SEPERATE FORUM for the SECRET discussion of DIA policy?[/roleplay]
You will note that the specific DIA member which brought up this complaint is the same DIA member who complained in the DIA thread about the existence of an external site for DIA issues and has thusfar refused to participate in said off-site discussion.

Thank You.
Old September 30, 2002, 07:48   #9
roadcage
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Some things MUST be done in secret or at least hidden from daily viewing by the populace.

Examples:
Making Sausage
Diplomatic working sessions
Old September 30, 2002, 08:32   #10
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:41
During the next chat defence spending will be increased by 40l for one turn.
Old September 30, 2002, 10:38   #11
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Vodka - GF is this what you pm'ed me about? If so, I think it is feasable. However, I will look into it later tonight and get back to you. If feasable, I think I will place it in my orders and ask for the funds.

Thanks. GK

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 30, 2002, 11:21   #12
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

A high-level government operation that is only whispered around the common citizens. Analysis of the conspiracy and its participants.

Those In The Loop:
GhengisFarb
GodKing

Not in the Loop:
Arnelos (and appears to resent that fact)
Thud

Position in Relation to the Loop Unknown:
UnOrthOdOx
roadcage
OPD
=OttomusCeasar=

Thinks They are in the Loop, but They Really Aren't:
Ninot
Old September 30, 2002, 11:44   #13
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Analysis of cover up operation

Those definately being assasinated
=OttomusCeasar=
roadcage
Arnelos

Those on the verge of being assasinated
Thud
UnOrthOdOx

Those whose fate is yet to be decided
Everyone else except for Ghengis and Godking.

Those whose assasination failured
Ninot
Old September 30, 2002, 11:53   #14
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

It is not that difficult to piece together what this is for guys. I say go for it.

(needing clues? Vodka...Ghengis's two jobs in Govt...)

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 30, 2002, 13:01   #15
Thud
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNever Ending StoriesC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC4BtSDG Templars
Prince

Hmm.... If I was in the loop I would probably raise hell. Then, I would be assasinated. So I'll wait, and see if 40l is worth raising hell about at the next turnchat.
Old September 30, 2002, 13:09   #16
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Thud

Hmm.... If I was in the loop I would probably raise hell. Then, I would be assasinated. So I'll wait, and see if 40l is worth raising hell about at the next turnchat.
Careful, you may have just moved yourself out of the "Verge" column..........
Old September 30, 2002, 14:15   #17
=OttomusCeasar=
PtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Multiplayer
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

=OttomusCeasar=
roadcage
Arnelos

Thud
UnOrthOdOx

Ninot
What the? You can't assasinate me! I'm the one who brought this out into the open!

Oh. What was I thinking?

I guess that's why my name is at the TOP of the list.
Old September 30, 2002, 14:56   #18
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by OPD

=OttomusCeasar=
roadcage
Arnelos

Thud
UnOrthOdOx

Ninot
Analysis of the Republican Revolutionaries' Coming Reign of Terror:

Those certain to be sent to the guillotine
The King
The Crown Prince
Various other members of the court

Those that the radicals would like to send to the guillotine, but the moderates have been arguing should be spared...
OPD
Ghengis
Duddha
Donegeal

The arguments continue, of course... it seems, at this point, this argument can only be resolved by an internal conflict between the radicals and moderates once the ancien regime has been toppled... I suppose some can only hope that the likes of Maximilian Robbespiere and the radicals do not come to power in Apolyton...

Those of us in the moderate camp arguing for the sparing of certain officials are mildly alarmed, of course, by the placement of one of our leaders on a list of people to be assassinated... should this threat be carried out, no doubt those responsible will find themselves on the certain to be sent to the guillotine list.
Old September 30, 2002, 16:13   #19
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

lol, when a politic is brought into anuthing, secrecy and myserty shrouds everything!
Old September 30, 2002, 17:30   #20
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

I'm disappointed that nobody wants to chop my head off. Maybe they are just too afraid that the army will not let their glorious leader die.
Aggie
Old September 30, 2002, 17:35   #21
adaMada
Civilization III Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersPtWDG RoleplayRise of Nations MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

No death threats against me yet.

/me whipes brow.
/me realizes that he's now 'involved'...

Oh damn... better go before someone notices me here .

-- adaMada
Old September 30, 2002, 17:35   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Beheading would be too swift for you.

I move for disembowelment.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 30, 2002, 17:55   #23
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Aggie
I'm disappointed that nobody wants to chop my head off. Maybe they are just too afraid that the army will not let their glorious leader die.
Aggie
I'm sorry, since it's so important to you I'll find someone to add your name an assasination list at once.
Old September 30, 2002, 18:42   #24
Meshelic
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GameNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 00:41
NEWS FLASH

Dissent amongst citizens! An internal political fiasco about to turn ugly! Executions! Assassinations!

what more could anyone ask for?

Of course the Shadow Service has sworn to protect those whom they serve, not a hair shall fall from his head or the insurgents will pay!
Old September 30, 2002, 19:25   #25
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Meshelic
NEWS FLASH

Dissent amongst citizens! An internal political fiasco about to turn ugly! Executions! Assassinations!

what more could anyone ask for?

Of course the Shadow Service has sworn to protect those whom they serve, not a hair shall fall from his head or the insurgents will pay!
Not a hair from his head, eh?

We'll let the executioner know that, I'm sure that can be arranged.
Old September 30, 2002, 20:41   #26
zeit
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 09:41
While you are all having a nice dish of rolepay here, maybe some of you havn't noticed that the main subjects was changed here- from GF's "secret" operation, That is, IMO and other's as well, an act against the very nature of this communal demo game.
so i suggest that an amendment to the Col is to be made, that prohibits this kind of posting- if you have a secret regarding Apolytonia, while not as part of a roleplay, don't post it in the forum.
I also hope that these kinds of secret connection does not actually exists in our government, as this, IMHO, is a good enough case to have re-election.

[roleplay]
You might add me to whatever death-list you wish to, but you can't shut me up! *boom*

*zeit falls silently to the floor*
[/roleplay]
Old September 30, 2002, 23:01   #27
Arnelos
Emperor

Here! Here!

I fully agree with Zeit!
Old September 30, 2002, 23:53   #28
ManicStarSeed
C4DG Gathering StormCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityBtS Tri-League
Prince

** shaking his head, climbing up onto the podeum that appeared out of thin air, ManicStarSeed inhales....***

AAGGHHHH!!!!

Look What does it matter?

Stop taking yourselves so f#@%ing seriously. This is a game

We give code names to concepts that we wish to discuss.

We have Area 25, Plan Pink, Plan Blue and on and on. We like to name things for reference in discussion. I hear Plan Pink, and I remember the initial plan for the french war, prior to attacking america. Plan pink is shorter to communicate.

I am writing this after reading the third or fourth post in this thread. It looks like it got worse. In the loop out of the loop... WHATEVER!!

Ghengis started bating us and people took offense. If it was really a coverup or undercover operation, we would never have head of it.

If we did have the 40 lytons, what would be Vodka?
as ninot put it... "
Quote:
I'll bet money whatever it was... it was involving Russia... and possibly espionage...or trade."
I want to know... VODKA?

We create the envoirnment of percieved secracy when we add conflictive thought into the play process. Perceived because PM'ing is he only sane way to discuss the issue. By play process I mean roleplaying/lighthearted/serious-to-game/personal play. If we are not comfortable with being ribbed a little (as a whole, not personally) we shoud just forget it.

Also If the DIA wants to have private chats and messaging, HOORRAY!! who cares? Who feels threatened? why should you? It is a game and we are on the SAME side. they want a unified voice, It ADDS to my experience because it REALLY differentiates my IND non-affiliation and their DIA political party. Hey, if I want to influence their policies, I will HAVE to join , and that's cool. Up till now, I can still muck up their process by screwing with their threads. If they are smart they will post their policies so as not to "loose" the IND swing vote...GO DIA!!

FYI ...I am an opportunist IND
I support different DIA and Hawk (UFC) philisophies.

Whats all this VODKA about?...

*** Exhaling deeply ManicStarSeed steps down, the podium dissapates and he bows graciously***

I am gonna read the rest of this and pray for the best.

Mss

PS... GF REALLY was going to do something secret I hope he has the sense to not start a thread about it. If not he can forget my vote in the future...

PPS..Assasination role play, not too bad. People seemed to miss the point...

VODKA anyone?
Old October 1, 2002, 01:26   #29
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Wow! I've been ignoring this thread up until now, far too long. This whole thread is racid with treason. I shall begin a crack down in my province at once. These ARF radicals will pay!
Old October 1, 2002, 07:01   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Geeze people.

Go look at the city planner office thread for this 'secret' operation. It is posted in plain sight. The last place you look...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby