Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 2, 2002, 17:15   #31
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 10:42
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Adm.Naismith
Owning of every tile of a given resource or luxury should be a "trade / monopoly victory", if not for the depleting of resource that randomly reallocate it on another square
Might be done with new editor...? "The Civ 3 Resource Monopoly Mod". Can see it before me. Maybe some special new resource... any ideas?
Old October 2, 2002, 17:17   #32
statusperfect
King

Local Time: 10:42
Or maybe five each of five different flag colors place on map. And before you start you secretly choose which color you will go for...
Old October 2, 2002, 17:48   #33
Colonel Kraken
PtWDG Legoland
Warlord

Local Time: 03:42
Quote:
since I place fun over win and dont necessarily need to have win to get fun
This would describe me exactly. I'm very trustworthy and enjoy working cooperatively with others. Not all of us are backstabbing, gung-ho, win at any cost type of people. I KNOW there are more people like me. When you meet them you usually know: it's a much greater pleasure to play a game with them, and they're much better sports.

Go to any of the RTS game sites. You can tell right away which way most people are. I seek out and find the nice/fun players. They're much more kind, patient, and tactful. The gaming experience is multiplied several times when playing with this type of player.

So, Cidifer, I'll be more than happy to play a game of Civ3 with you, and you can rest assured that I'll be kind and fair.
Old October 2, 2002, 18:15   #34
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Kraken

This would describe me exactly. I'm very trustworthy and enjoy working cooperatively with others. Not all of us are backstabbing, gung-ho, win at any cost type of people. I KNOW there are more people like me. When you meet them you usually know: it's a much greater pleasure to play a game with them, and they're much better sports.

Go to any of the RTS game sites. You can tell right away which way most people are. I seek out and find the nice/fun players. They're much more kind, patient, and tactful. The gaming experience is multiplied several times when playing with this type of player.

So, Cidifer, I'll be more than happy to play a game of Civ3 with you, and you can rest assured that I'll be kind and fair.
oh but you shouldn't place me 100% on the trustworthy list? why? cause I said I place fun over anything. That means even loyalty. I always like to add twist to the game and throw many curveballs against my friends who plays RTS with me. Generally I shy away from doing backstabbings and cheap tricks against strangers since i don;t know them well enough to know if they can take it lightly and say "haha you got me pretty good" or "you sons of b----, mother-- ". But still I do it once in awhile if I feel if my opponent got to used to an invisible rule that isn't really concrete.

I'm not talking about cheating though, cheating is absoultely dirty and wrong. Its a different class from playing cheap or backstabbing.

And Cidifier, thats how our civ II Lan nights go in my dorm room.. Most of the people in my suite share love for Civ, and we play couple of turn a night and trust each other. We ususally head toward "kill all AI then game fizzes out of interest", but sometimes we don't come into exact agreement (Dammit! I said I needed that colonize land, I gave a whole space out west to work on!) and get off our seat and start suffocating each other. LOL. But almost always we take it lightly and fighting generally stops game picks back up to campaign agst AIs, and doesnt ruin our friendships.

Best part about LAN enviornment of playing game is the loud shout of "F--k!!!" of your suitemate next door thorugh the wall as soon as you attacked him in any FFA RTS game and your roomate laughing because he happened to attack him at the same time.
Old October 2, 2002, 18:56   #35
Cidifer
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

well I was a bit afraid that I'd only be playing this game over LAN since I was afraid that people would take winning to seriously, to start out I'll probably play with people against the AI and let them know ahead of time that I just want to learn 1st and don't really want to fight them, if they don't like this hopefully they'll leave but now I'm worried they might just try to come after me to "win."
Old October 3, 2002, 11:55   #36
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

No worries, you'll encounter plenty of people like u somewhere
Old October 3, 2002, 12:01   #37
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 08:42
/me is not to be trusted