View Poll Results: Read the questions below.
PART1: New Apolyton: Nutrients 2 3.28%
PART1: New Apolyton: Minerals 10 16.39%
PART1: TBIBTU: Nutrients 5 8.20%
PART1: TBIBTU: Minerals 7 11.48%
PART1: UNPD: Nutrients 6 9.84%
PART1: UNPD: Minerals 6 9.84%
PART1: New western base: Nutrients 7 11.48%
PART1: New western base: Minerals 4 6.56%
PART2: Let NA grow to size 3 1 1.64%
PART2: Let NA grow to size 4 3 4.92%
PART2: Let NA grow to size 5 6 9.84%
PART2: Let NA grow to size 6 4 6.56%
This poll sucks! I know a better system. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 30, 2002, 13:29   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What should be our resource focus?
This is a three day multichoice poll.

PART 1: What should be our resource focus?
PART 2: How large may New Apolyton grow?

I think that for our already established bases and the soon-to-be-built western base the first worker placement is rather obvious. Previous polls indicate so. The rolling & moist nutrient tile for NA, the flat & moist nutrient tile for TBIBTU, the Freshwater nutrients for UNPD, and the monolith for our future western base. What is less clear though is what to do with our other worker squads. I do not know yet what will be our future terraforming plans, so I cannot organize worker polls like Vlad did in his term. So I'll let you choose between a focus on nutrients, or a focus on minerals for our bases. Depending on the results, I will put our workers on forests (1-2-1) or farm & solar collector tiles (2-1-1) and urge the Director of Terraforming & Colonization to perform the required terraformations.

Another question is how large I should New Apolyton let become. As it'll produce a SP in a while I guess its growth won't be checked anymore by CP building. Our first worker squad in NA is as previously said on the rolling & moist nutrients. A poll by Vlad indicated the people wanted the second worker squad on the Rocky Minerals, which are now producing 0-3-0, but will soon produce 0-8-0. This leaves the question of the third worker. If we put it on the Freshwater nutrients, our base continues to grow. If we put it on Forest, our growth is halted but we gain an immediate mineral and energy increase. We could of course first let us grow to size 4/5/6 and THEN switch the Freshwater nutrients to forest to stop growth. I'll let it over to you to vote on. For your information, unless we get inefficiency drones and provided we have a garrison in the base, New Apolyton can grow to size 5 before needing a Rec Commons.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	antioch.bmp
Views:	5
Size:	290.5 KB
ID:	25959  
Old September 30, 2002, 13:43   #2
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 08:44
voted!
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old September 30, 2002, 14:47   #3
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 09:44
Maniac, I think the thread format is swell, and your description is first-class, but let me just whine a little anyway, OK? Can't you possibly convert the shots to jpg? Downloading a BMP, taking a quick look and trashing it is like so much work you know.

Says this expert on Being Lazy, anyway.
Old September 30, 2002, 15:04   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:44
i didn't download the picture, but if it's a screenshot, you can just copy my img tags from the turn report thread
Old September 30, 2002, 16:57   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Maniac, I think the thread format is swell, and your description is first-class, but let me just whine a little anyway, OK?
Sure. I won't bite your nose off...

Quote:
Can't you possibly convert the shots to jpg?
Sure. I just realized today with posting these bitmap files that only jpeg's don't come up as an attachment.
Old September 30, 2002, 21:57   #6
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:44
Maniac, our extra talents mean that our bases can grow to size 6 with police before we need a rec commons.
Old October 1, 2002, 09:14   #7
- Groucho -
Diplomacy
Prince

Local Time: 03:44
Grow until next pop unit = drone riots, then stop and concentrate on minerals until the alpha centauri equivalent of a football stadium can be built to distract the mobs. Then grow until drone riots are one pop away again and repeat.
Old October 1, 2002, 11:03   #8
Maniac

Quote:
Maniac, our extra talents mean that our bases can grow to size 6 with police before we need a rec commons.
Really? On thinker a normal base at size 6 has 2 workers and 4 drones. Due to supporting education among our people we get 2 free talents, resulting in 2 talents and 4 drones. Add to that one garrison converting one drone into a worker and we get 2 talents, 1 worker and 3 drones => Drone Riot. Did I forget something?
Old October 1, 2002, 20:26   #9
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:44
Quote:
Really? On thinker a normal base at size 6 has 2 workers and 4 drones. Due to supporting education among our people we get 2 free talents, resulting in 2 talents and 4 drones. Add to that one garrison converting one drone into a worker and we get 2 talents, 1 worker and 3 drones => Drone Riot. Did I forget something?
Let's see...

Size 3 = 1 Talent, 1 Drone (1T, 1D)
Size 4 = 1 T, 2 D
size 5 = 2 T, 3 D
size 6 = 2 T, 4 D

I see you were right, I think I applied the police effect twice. My mistake.