Old September 30, 2002, 14:44   #1
SMIFFGIG
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 09:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2
ahhhh, i hate this forum I just posted a massive thread on DEMOCRACY GAME for CtP2 and it bloody faulted

ANYWAY anyone around here interested in DEMOCRACY game for CtP2, its out for Civ2, Civ3 (thats a smilie that should be there) and SMAC. So why not for CtP2.

I was talking to the guy who set it up for SMAC the other day and he explained to me what it was (didnt know ) and recommended me to make a post here

SO! anyone interested, anyone out there reading these boards but not registered just waiting for this post (I doubt) what do you think
http://www.tiberiumsun.com
Old September 30, 2002, 14:55   #2
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

I had this in my mind for weeks. I've often been reading the Civ3 Demogame stuff because I think it's a pretty interesting concept.
The only reason I didn't propose this are:
the succession games - a valuable other approach to play together that satisfies more because you get to make the decisions on your own
the involvement such a game demands - that'd keep us freaks from modding

Nevertheless, I think it's a good idea and if you decide to pull this off I'll certainly take part in some way. Might get us some lurkers from other forums too... (oh, how desperate we are! )
Old September 30, 2002, 15:00   #3
centrifuge
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 01:44
I may get pulled in...
Old September 30, 2002, 15:10   #4
Turambar
Call to Power II Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Prince

Local Time: 08:44
Sounds great!
Old September 30, 2002, 15:21   #5
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

Count me in if enough people get involved. Be lucky if we get 10% of the Civ3 *cough* shite members, but we can still blow it out of the water. I think it should be compulsary that ALL CtP2 regulars and lurkers take part, or else they get restricted.
Old September 30, 2002, 15:23   #6
BulMaster
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
Warlord

count me in too. i'd love to help
Old September 30, 2002, 15:28   #7
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Good concept! I don't have a whole lot of spare time to devote to something like this, but I think it'd be a fascinating experiment. If you're looking for someone to give informal advice or as a sounding board for econ or strat stuff, I'm game for that! Hmmmm....is there an "Outrider" post available in the Demo game?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old September 30, 2002, 16:48   #8
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Local Time: 03:44
I had been thinking of this for a while now as well

I'm game!
Old September 30, 2002, 17:53   #9
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
I think it should be compulsary that ALL CtP2 regulars and lurkers take part, or else they get restricted.

I think its a great idea, but I don't know if we have enough people here with enough time to run it properly. It can be quite an investment of time, and even though loads of people might sign up, unless we get 15/20 votes in each poll, it's not really worth it.
Old September 30, 2002, 19:37   #10
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

No problemo....just allow multiple voting....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old October 1, 2002, 13:15   #11
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Re: DEMOCRACY GAME for CTP2
Quote:
Originally posted by SMIFFGIG
ahhhh, i hate this forum I just posted a massive thread on DEMOCRACY GAME for CtP2 and it bloody faulted.......
yeah it sukz! but i worked out a work around.....
When you post and have to enter your name again to log back in then it takes you to that screen 'not a valid link blah blah' or some such, just hit the back arrow twice in explorer(netscape?) and select 'refresh' button.
you should now have recovered your once lost post!!
It takes a bit of getting used to, but it's a life saver.

Just don't allow any of the Slic'ers to play DEMOCRACY, CTP2 has too many good projects on-going just now
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old October 1, 2002, 13:36   #12
Maquiladora
Call to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power PBEMCall to Power Multiplayer
Emperor

...or just copy the whole post to clipboard before you post, in case it fluffs up.

I agree, it might be better after the various tournaments and the slic thingys are finished. (before another crazy slic idea crops up anyway)
Old October 15, 2002, 04:20   #13
Wise Ass
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Team BananaC4BtSDG Team Banana
Prince

Bump...

Outta sight outa mind and I don't want to see this one fall to the bottom of the fora archives.
Old October 15, 2002, 07:22   #14
Tamerlin
King

Local Time: 10:44
Why not a CTP2 Democracy Game ? If the project has not yet been aborted I'am interested.
Old October 15, 2002, 09:13   #15
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Yup, this idea was discussed in the Staff Forums a while ago already (long before this thread was started), but for the time being it's not gonna happen as our community is simply too small... I would love to do it but right now, with a community this small (we'll need at least twice the number of people that have responded here so far), it seems doomed to fail...
Old October 15, 2002, 10:13   #16
Gilgamensch
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCTP2 Source Code Project
King

Hi all,

I might be interrested as well. BUT, could somebody explain a little bit more in detail what it means
I followed a little bit on other forums, but never really got the rules together.

And Locutus: Why not 'start' it anyway and see if it grows? We could always hope for the better

As someone said: There will always be sunshine after rain (at least in most places )
Old October 15, 2002, 15:30   #17
Wise Ass
Prince

Well each demo game has it's own set of rules so following them is a little difficult from one fora to another is hard.

The idea of a demo game is that a group of people play a game making decisions for one nation as a whole. This is where the rules start to very, as your nation is founded a constitution is set up for how the game is going to be played. In general, you elect leaders who do the actual playing of the game and the rest of the people normally join in on a chat session helping on making these decisions. many isues are discussed from what tech to discover next to weather or not to go to war.

I think it is kinda hard to just jump into a demo game after it has already started so for the most part I agree with the decision to put it off. Most of the rules are discussed early on and oming into the game late means you had no say in what policy would be, at least not untill the next election.
Old October 16, 2002, 05:18   #18
Gilgamensch
King

It might be a bit hard to jump on later, but is it not also in a 'normal' nation/state that there are newcomers? (immigrants/newborns....)

Some people might just want to participate as 'subjects' anyway

And wasn't the first CIV not saying: "Build an empire to stand the test of time"

So maybe we should still get it started, at least the discussions how we want to handle what, declaring our constitution and so on...... I think it will take ages anyway..........

Let's see if then more people will participate. We maybe just have to wake them up.......
Old October 16, 2002, 08:39   #19
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

well, just count me in.
Old October 17, 2002, 08:28   #20
Gilgamensch
King

To keep it a little bit more on the TOP and anyway

How you all think about getting some discussions started (it will take ages anyway )?

like:

constitution?
Name of our state/country?
Which ministers (mmmmmmmmm we haven't discovered burocracy yet , so how can we have ministers????)

map-settings?
on which MOD, difficulty.......

Com' on, patricipate
Old October 17, 2002, 12:55   #21
Tamerlin
King

I have already read somewhere the name "Apolytonia", I really find this name wonderful as it suggests a little banana republic such as those found in the 1930-1950's pulp movies.
Old October 17, 2002, 17:33   #22
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Apart from the the obvious Apolyton references (such as Apolytonia), something like Lemuria or something would be interesting
Old October 17, 2002, 18:08   #23
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Locutus
...something like Lemuria or something would be interesting
I like the mythological reference...

Btw, though she is not playing the music I usually listen, I'am currently listening to a great saxophonist called Candy Dulfer which I think is one of your compatriot, the record is named "Live in Amsterdam".
Old October 17, 2002, 18:54   #24
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

well, that gets really offtopic, but i can't find a reason why some people think candy dulfer would be an interesting musician. were she a normal looking guy instead of a sexy looking blond woman i doubt you would ever have seen a record of her/him
Old October 17, 2002, 19:35   #25
Tamerlin
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox
well, that gets really offtopic, but i can't find a reason why some people think candy dulfer would be an interesting musician. were she a normal looking guy instead of a sexy looking blond woman i doubt you would ever have seen a record of her/him
In my own opinion she is interesting because she is surrounded by very good musicians and because its really unusual to hear a jazz musician playing a really groovy soul music, its even more unusual to hear some soul music played by really good musicians. Actually, I don't care about her physical appearance and it makes me mad to know many great musicians won't have any chance to record their music because they don't have the right appearance.

We can see every day the result of this studio policy, pin-ups or gigolo singing awfully syrupy songs without any interest. But Candy Dulfer should not be discarded simply because she is supposed to be pretty. I'am nor a long time fan nor a big fan of her, I'am rather listening at 1950-1960's classical jazz or very violent rock bands, but I appreciate the quality of the funk she is playing, though some of her tunes are sometimes too "mild" for me she is a good saxophonist surrounded by very good sidemen.

I don't know much of its recordings but I like what she is doing live.

Now it's really getting off-topic and I ask all the apolytoners around here to forgive me, if you are interested we can carry on this talk elsewhere, via e-mail for example.
Old October 18, 2002, 01:52   #26
Gilgamensch
King

I think everyone here calls the country Apolxxxxxx, so shouldn't we use really a different name (even as apolyton grants us the favour of 'hosting' us)?

Lemuria wouldn't be to bad.

By the way Locutus, where have you got it from? Reading SiFi (Perry Rhodan )

Some more suggestions:

Nirvana
Walhalla
Mur (not sure of the spelling)
Atlantis
Utopia
Future

And Tamerlin: Apologies granted
Old October 18, 2002, 03:21   #27
Maquiladora
Emperor

Lemuria, a land of vibrant culture, colourful contrasts, and an awful lot of monkey-like nocturnal mammals. I like it.
Old October 18, 2002, 03:42   #28
mapfi
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power II Multiplayer
Prince

Just read some post over in the C3DG from people who say they spend 20 hours a week on it and that the game is addictive to a high degree... Are you prepared?
As for the game - since we'll have various people thinking of a every little tweak there is to be better in every little aspect of the game anything else than a impossible, marauders game would be a shame - I'd say it'd have to be either cradle or SAP then.
Old October 18, 2002, 04:43   #29
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Gilgamensch
By the way Locutus, where have you got it from? Reading SiFi (Perry Rhodan )
Read SciFi/alternative history and learn what St Swithin's favourite animal is to find out how I came up with the name Lemuria

SciFi link: http://www.lemuria.net/

St Swithin link: http://apolyton.net/forums/Forum35/HTML/000701.html (check tut_main.slc and the photos on your CtP2 CD as well )

Last edited by Locutus; October 18, 2002 at 04:51.
Old October 18, 2002, 06:18   #30
Gilgamensch
King

Locutus, will do so, but can't reply till monday (haven't got access to the web on weekends no internet at home, signed the d*&^ed contract 2 1/2 years ago and still waiting for )

But if you have a chance and can answer now, I wouldn't have to wait so long

Is this little trick still working? Haven't heard of it before.....

In the link for Lemuria they mentioned also Mu, but didn't know it refered to the same? Always thought those were independend.... But who should know after this time

Did you actually read any of those books?